A Brief History of the Caribbean: From the Arawak and Carib to the Present, history homework help Humanities Assignment Help. A Brief History of the Caribbean: From the Arawak and Carib to the Present, history homework help Humanities Assignment Help.
Mention three events that took place in the Spanish Caribbean Islands during the periods of “discovery” and colonization. Include events, places dates(if possible,) and names (if relevant.)
Explain why these events caught your attention.
A Brief History of the Caribbean: From the Arawak and Carib to the Present. Jan Rogonzinski. ISBN 0-452-28193-8.
The Caribbean: The Genesis of a Fragmented Nationalism (Latin American Histories Series.) Frankin W. Knight. ISBN 0-19-505441-5.
The Political Geography of the Pre-Hispanic Caribbean. The Caribbean (pp. 3-26 )
Discovery of the islands. A Brief History (pp. 22-33)
Spanish Caribbean Colonies. A Brief History (pp. 45-55)
Patterns of Colonization in the New World. The Caribbean (pp. 66-87)
A Brief History of the Caribbean: From the Arawak and Carib to the Present, history homework help Humanities Assignment Help[supanova_question]
Strategic Goals and Summary, management homework help Business Finance Assignment Help
The company that I choose is AT&T
As you’ve learned this week, the control process is essential to the
achievement of goals. It allows a business to track their progress, make
adjustments, and stay on schedule for what they’re trying to achieve.
Your chosen goal from the strategic management project needs these same
types of controls. This course project assignment will task you with
creating a detailed control process for that goal. Think through all of
the departments that might be involved in the completion of the goals
and how they’ll need to be tracked. The course content from this week
can be very useful in providing details on strategies and ideas for
control processes. Some additional research will also prove useful. This
assignment should be at least two pages in length and complete the following:
- Identify four separate strategies that you will use to control your strategic goal.
- For each strategy:
- Identify which aspect or metric of the goal they’re controlling.
- Explain the reasoning and value behind the control choice.
- Identify the control as feed forward, concurrent, or feedback.
As an example, if my goal is to “decrease the amount of defective
parts made on my assembly line by 5%”, I could control it through
regular maintenance checks (feed forward), thorough employee training on
the machines (feed forward), and a software system that monitors
production while it’s happening and can print off detailed reports after
work is completed (concurrent and feedback). You will need to go into
much more detail on the structure, process, and purpose of your control
methods, but this should give you a good idea of how to complete this
assignment. Really think through how you’ll keep up to speed with
company progress on your strategic management goal.
Before you submit the final version of your Strategic Management Plan,
the last piece you need to create is an Executive Summary. This should
be the first page in the final version of your plan. It’s meant to be
something that an executive could quickly read in order to get a basic
understanding of the overall strategic management plan. Due to its
purpose, the executive summary should be a thorough and concise summary
clearly depicting the content of the plan. Give an overview of the goal
you’re trying to accomplish, any major findings in your research, the
reasoning behind the goal, and any major obstacles you foresee. It
should be treated as a document ready to be turned into an executive
director, board of advisors, investor, etc. Therefore, format and style
(presentation) is very important.
File is attached to help.
methods of persuasion, communications homework help Business Finance Assignment Help
- A six- to eight-page paper.
- A PowerPoint presentation.
The Final Project
Throughout this course we are examining methods of persuasion. The great
issues of our day are far from being resolved, but effective persuasion
can begin to build consensus. Your Final Project requires you to tackle
a current controversial issue with multiple valid positions and use
persuasion to convince your audience that your position on the issue is
correct. The written portion of your Final Project must be six to eight
pages of content (not including title and reference pages) and can
include multimedia, interactive video, pictures, commercials, movie
scenes, web links, etc. to bolster your opinions. Your paper should
incorporate the latest methods of persuasion to prove your points to
your instructor. You are encouraged to find a topic that you feel
passionate about. The list provided is just to help you with the sorts
of ideas that may be appropriate for your project. You are not limited
to these topics, but please consult your instructor if you have any
questions about a proper topic for this assignment.
- Home schooling
Submit a six-to eight-slide PowerPoint presentation that provides an
overview of the key points from the written portion of your Final
Writing the Final Project
The Final Project:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
Must include, on the final page, a reference page that is completed according to APA style
Individual Differences in the Workplace, business and finance homework help Business Finance Assignment Help
Strong cognitive abilities are
usually considered a very important and positive trait to seek when
hiring new employees. However, one police department decided not to hire
those who scored too high on a cognitive skills exam on the grounds
that people who are too intelligent will not be satisfied with their job
as a police officer and will end up quitting (Naish, 2013). This of
course is a controversial policy that resulted in at least one lawsuit.
For this assignment we will be looking at individual characteristics
that may predict job satisfaction, organizational commitment, and job
performance for police officers. Being a police officer is a demanding
job that requires strong physical capacity, sharp mental capacity to
deal with difficult and life threatening situations, and strong
interpersonal skills in order to effectively work with the communities
they protect and serve. The issue of what traits to look for in police
officer recruiting is a controversial one.
Review the background materials on individual traits, personality,
and attitudes such as job satisfaction and organizational commitment.
Then read these articles on law enforcement recruitment with the issues
in the background materials in mind:
Naish, R. (April, 2013). Too clever by half. E.Learning Age, 8.
Means, R., Lowry, K., & Conroy, D. (2011). Hiring: Background investigation, part 3. Law & Order, 59(3), 12-13.
Reaume, S. (2009). Improved hiring for child protective investigators. Law & Order, 57(2), 19-20,22,24.
Now suppose a police department has hired you as a consultant to come
up with an exam to assess personality and other traits of applicants to
the department. The department is looking to hire applicants who meet
the following criteria:
- Are likely to have strong job satisfaction and organizational commitment to the police department after they are hired.
- Will be able to work effectively under stressful and sometimes life
threatening situations, can make good decisions under pressure.
- Will be able to present a positive image of the police department in
the communities they serve and maintain strong relations with community
Using what you’ve learned in the background materials about
personality traits such as the Big Five Personality traits and factors
that influence job satisfaction and organizational behavior, come up
with a four to five page paper addressing the following issues:
- Do you think cognitive abilities should be part of the exam? Do you
agree with the police department mentioned in Naish (2013) that there
should be an upper limit to cognitive abilities, or should the
department try to hire those with the highest cognitive abilities?
Consider the concepts of ability testing in Chapter 3 of Nair (2010) as
part of your answer.
- What personality traits do you think will best predict a police
officer’s ability to handle stressful situations in the field and make
decisions under stress? Consider the Big Five traits as well as any
other personality traits that you read about in Chapter 6 of Nair
(2010). Be specific about what traits the department should consider and
why these traits will be associated with an ability to work under
- What personality traits will best predict an ability to work
cooperatively with their coworkers as well as with members of the
community they serve? Again, be specific about which traits the
department should consider and why these traits will be associated with a
good ability to work with others. Use Chapter 6 of Nair (2010) as your
source of information about Big Five and other personality traits to
- Answer the assignment questions directly
- Stay focused on the precise assignment questions, don’t go off on
tangents or devote a lot of space to summarizing general background
- Make sure to use reliable and credible sources as your references.
Articles published in established newspapers or business
journals/magazines are preferred. If you find an article on the
internet, make sure it is from a credible source.
- Reference your sources of information with both a bibliography and in-text citations. See the Student Guide to Writing a High-Quality Academic Paper, including pages 13-14 on in-text citations. Another resource is the “Writing Style Guide”, which is found under “My Resources” in the TLC portal.
Psychological Models, psychology homework help Humanities Assignment Help
The Psychological Models
- The Psychological Models Scoring Guide.
- Addiction Case Studies.
- Mapping the APA Manual.
- Additional Guidelines for Formatting Papers.
- APA Guide.
- APA Paper Template.
- APA Style and Format.
- Writing Feedback Tool.
For this assignment, imagine you are a counselor working in a psychological model treatment program. Select one of the case studies you were introduced to in Unit 1 to represent your “client,” who is seeking help from your program. You may choose the same one that you used for The Disease Models assignment, or you may choose to use a different case study. I have attached an article to use for this assignment. The person who completed this before did not follow the instructions correctly.
Complete the following sections for this assignment:
- Introduction—In this section of the paper:
- Identify the client from the case study and briefly summarize the client’s demographic characteristics and addictive behavior history that are relevant to the psychological models of addiction. This section sets the stage for the next sections.
- Applications of Psychological Models—In this section:
- Apply your understanding of one or more of the psychological models of addiction to your client. Do client demographics and history suggest that your client suffers from a psychological model of addiction? Based on your interpretation, what psychological model treatment strategies might you recommend for this client?
- Sociocultural Factors and the Psychological Models—Finally, in this section:
- Describe how sociocultural factors (poverty, education, drug laws, media portrayal of addiction and treatment, and support for harm reduction methods like methadone maintenance and needle exchange programs) may affect the client’s perception of the problem and the addictive behavior. Does the media present psychological models of addiction with the same support shown to the medical, pharmaceutical, and recovery industries? If not, how could that affect the client’s acceptance of psychological models of addiction treatment?
- Describe sociocultural factors that may contribute to the addictive behavior as well as factors that may be helpful in overcoming the addiction from the perspective of the psychological models of addiction.
- Length: The paper should be 2–3 pages, excluding the title page and resources page.
- References: Throughout your paper, apply relevant research findings from scholarly literature using in-text citations to support your reasoning. Include references for each of your citations in a separate reference page at the end of your paper.
- Turnitin: Prior to submitting, submit your paper to Turnitin, which will help ensure that you have given proper credit for the information presented in the paper.
In addition look through The Psychological Models Scoring Guide to ensure you have met all of the criteria for the assignment.
Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.
Identify anatomical terminology with regard to location, position, direction, planes, sections, and cavities, biology homework help Science Assignment Help
- Identify anatomical terminology with regard to location, position, direction, planes, sections, and cavities.
- Identify and describe the basic biological molecules.
- Identify parts of the cell.
- Identify and describe basic tissue types.
Part 1 – Short essay (50 pt)
Imagine that you fell down in the garden and cut yourself on a dirty piece of metal. In a short essay, describe primary and secondary tissue repair, what is meant by the term “clean wound”, the role of nutrition in the healing process, and how scar tissue forms. Do not copy from the text book.
BIOL113 Part 2 – Worksheet (50 pt)
- Identify the four requirements for “anatomical position”.
- What is the difference between the terms “cephalic” and “caudal”?
- How does the sagittal plane divide the body?
- What two things are contained within the dorsal cavity?
- List the abdominal quadrants.
- List the 4 main organic compounds found in living things.
- Would a pH of 2.0 be acidic or basic?
- In humans, sugar is stored in liver and muscle in what form?
- What are the two types of endoplasmic reticulum, and how do they differ?
- If someone had improperly functioning lysosomes what would be the outcome?
- What is the main function of mitochondria?
- Briefly describe the structure of the cell membrane.
- What structures are responsible for cell movement?
- What are the 4 stages of mitosis?
- If red blood cells are placed in a solution that is hypotonic relative to them, what will happen?
- List and define the 5 Roman Numeral Staging categories for cancer.
- What is one difference between active transport and diffusion?
- What are the 4 main tissue types?
- Describe mucous membranes and provide one example.
- What is the function of cartilage?
Identify anatomical terminology with regard to location, position, direction, planes, sections, and cavities, biology homework help Science Assignment Help[supanova_question]
Which revision uses signal words to clarify the sequence of events for readers, English homework help Humanities Assignment Help
Read the passage from How to Live on Twenty-Four Hours a Day.
it back by the scruff of the neck. Ere you have reached the station you
will have brought it back about forty times. Do not despair. Continue.
Keep it up.
Which revision uses signal words to clarify the sequence of events for readers?
procedure is to bring it back by the scruff of the neck. In fact, ere
you have reached the station you will have brought it back about forty
times. Do not despair. Continue. Keep it up.
process is to bring it back by the scruff of the neck. Ere you have
reached the station you will have brought it back about forty times.
That’s right, do not despair. Continue. Keep it up.
it back by the scruff of the neck. The truth is that once you have
reached the station you will have brought it back about forty times. The
plan is to not despair. Continue. Keep it up.
Finding the right staff, retaining them, and ensuring they buy into the vision of the business, management homework help Business Finance Assignment Help
Welcome to the final phase of the project. The various readings, lectures, and assignments have introduced you to strategies that will help you identify, address, and propose solutions that can be implemented by Movieflix’s Leadership Team and their executive staff. You also have learned tools that can be applied to real world business issues.
Your final deliverable is a business proposal addressed to the Leadership Team of MovieFlix that outlines your recommended approach to solving their problem(s) (PLEASE SEE BELOW BOLDED PROBLEM).
The problem that you are helping MovieFlix to solve: “Finding the right staff, retaining them, and ensuring they buy into the vision of the business.”
- Your proposal should be 4-5 pages long,
- Be sure to incorporate elements from each of the areas that are outlined in the Course Project Time Line (e.g. business ethics, strategic planning, team building, etc. PLEASE SEE ATTACHED PAPERS WEEK 1 through WEEK 5). The proposal should include adequate research to support your decisions about these areas.
- Written in APA format, and
- Use proper spelling/grammar.
You should also check all of your work for proper mechanics with regard to spelling, punctuation, grammar, and sentence structure.
Make sure to include an APA formatted title page and reference page for credible resources that you may have used for your research. Remember to follow APA guidelines when paraphrasing or quoting information. Don’t forget to cite your sources and include in-text citations as necessary.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW:
- Please number each section so I can reference the following work completed above:
- You must provide the web address links to your references/sources and cite ALL references used in the paper with quotations: “example” and underlined (for my reference).
- Make sure to write your paper utilizing proper APA formatting guidelines, and to include an APA formatted title page.
- ***A note about credible sources: Credible sources are reliable, accurate, and trustworthy. These sources are written by authors respected in their fields of study. You want to identify sources where the author of the article is listed, if they’ve referenced other information, the sources should be cited so that you can check for the accuracy of and support what they have written. Wikipedia is not considered a credible source.
Which is the most accurate and precise way to rewrite this sentence, English homework help Humanities Assignment Help
Carmelo is writing a thesis for a media analysis essay.
The Recycling Commission says in its posters that viewers will make a better world by correctly recycling items in their homes.
Which is the most accurate and precise way to rewrite this sentence?
Recycling Commission shows in its posters that recycling will make the
world a better, healthier place, and asks that viewers take the same
point of view.
Recycling Commission expresses through its posters that it is possible
to live in a safer, better world through proper recycling, because
recycling is a key part of helping the environment.
Recycling Commission shows photographs of people sorting through their
cans, bottles, and paper goods to emphasize how easy it is to sort them
Short response to Forensic Psychology Stats post, statistics homework help Mathematics Assignment Help
Please provide a short response 200-400 words to the post below, APA format only please.
The research study consisted of exploring how learning disabilities (LD) are handle in the criminal justice system (CJS). Offenders with LD may not have the ability to understand or communicate in the system. The study only consisted of nine offenders, both males and females over the age of 18. The participants were interviewed about their experiences within the CJS, starting from the arrest to prison. They were asked about support provided, intermediaries, and ideas for improvements. The participants stated there was lack of LD awareness mainly with the police and probation officers. Another point from the interviews was the lack of understanding from the participants when CJS professionals would speak to them. Also, they were not made aware that special measures and specific supports were available to them. The findings show more research is needed to gain an understanding of LD in the CJS. It also showed people within the CJS with LD have had a difficult time, and had to rely on support systems that should have been provided by trained professionals (Howard, Phipps, Clarbour, and Rayner, 2015).
The parts of this study that would be important for the forensic psychology professional would be how the participants felt they were treated in the courtroom or being questioned. The forensic psychology professional can help within those environments.
It would be important for the forensic psychology professional to first identify if the person has a LD. By identifying the LD, the proper support can be provided to the person. This can help alleviate any negative feelings the person might feel in the CJS. It can also help in determining what measures to give the person, and if they are competent to stand trial. The forensic psychology professional can make sure the court professional communicates with the person with LD on a level they understand, so they are not confused about what is happening to them.
Howard, R., Phipps, E., Clarbour, J., & Rayner, K. (2015). “I’d trust them if they understood learning disabilities” support needs of people with learning disabilities in the criminal justice system, Journal of Intellectual Disabilities and Offending Behavior, 6(1), 4-14. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com.ezp.waldenulibrary.org/criminaljusticeperiodicals/docview/1709711177/DC697E0498E24CC8PQ/49?accountid=14872