Assignment: Adaptive Response Health Medical Assignment Help. Assignment: Adaptive Response Health Medical Assignment Help.
Assignment: Adaptive Response
As an advanced practice nurse, you will examine patients presenting with a variety of disorders. You must, therefore, understand how the body normally functions so that you can identify when it is reacting to changes. Often, when changes occur in body systems, the body reacts with compensatory mechanisms. These compensatory mechanisms, such as adaptive responses, might be signs and symptoms of alterations or underlying disorders. In the clinical setting, you use these responses, along with other patient factors, to lead you to a diagnosis.
Consider the following scenarios:
Jennifer is a 2-year-old female who presents with her mother. Mom is concerned because Jennifer has been “running a temperature” for the last 3 days. Mom says that Jennifer is usually healthy and has no significant medical history. She was in her usual state of good health until 3 days ago when she started to get fussy, would not eat her breakfast, and would not sit still for her favorite television cartoon. Since then she has had a fever off and on, anywhere between 101oF and today’s high of 103.2oF. Mom has been giving her ibuprofen, but when the fever went up to 103.2oF today, she felt that she should come in for evaluation. A physical examination reveals a height and weight appropriate 2-year-old female who appears acutely unwell. Her skin is hot and dry. The tympanic membranes are slightly reddened on the periphery, but otherwise normal in appearance. The throat is erythematous with 4+ tonsils and diffuse exudates. Anterior cervical nodes are readily palpable and clearly tender to touch on the left side. The child indicates that her throat hurts “a lot” and it is painful to swallow. Vital signs reveal a temperature of 102.8oF, a pulse of 128 beats per minute, and a respiratory rate of 24 beats per minute.
Jack is a 27-year-old male who presents with redness and irritation of his hands. He reports that he has never had a problem like this before, but about 2 weeks ago he noticed that both his hands seemed to be really red and flaky. He denies any discomfort, stating that sometimes they feel “a little bit hot,” but otherwise they feel fine. He does not understand why they are so red. His wife told him that he might have an allergy and he should get some steroid cream. Jack has no known allergies and no significant medical history except for recurrent ear infections as a child. He denies any traumatic injury or known exposure to irritants. He is a maintenance engineer in a newspaper building and admits that he often works with abrasive solvents and chemicals. Normally he wears protective gloves, but lately they seem to be in short supply so sometimes he does not use them. He has exposed his hands to some of these cleaning fluids, but says that it never hurt and he always washed his hands when he was finished.
Martha is a 65-year-old woman who recently retired from her job as an administrative assistant at a local hospital. Her medical history is significant for hypertension, which has been controlled for years with hydrochlorothiazide. She reports that lately she is having a lot of trouble sleeping, she occasionally feels like she has a “racing heartbeat,” and she is losing her appetite. She emphasizes that she is not hungry like she used to be. The only significant change that has occurred lately in her life is that her 87-year-old mother moved into her home a few years ago. Mom had always been healthy, but she fell down a flight of stairs and broke her hip. Her recovery was a difficult one, as she has lost a lot of mobility and independence and needs to rely on her daughter for assistance with activities of daily living. Martha says it is not the retirement she dreamed about, but she is an only child and is happy to care for her mother. Mom wakes up early in the morning, likes to bathe every day, and has always eaten 5 small meals daily. Martha has to put a lot of time into caring for her mother, so it is almost a “blessing” that Martha is sleeping and eating less. She is worried about her own health though and wants to know why, at her age, she suddenly needs less sleep.
- Review the three scenarios, as well as Chapter 6 in the Huether and McCance text.
- Identify the pathophysiology of the disorders presented in each of the three scenarios, including their associated alterations. Consider the adaptive responses to the alterations.
- Review the examples of “Mind Maps—Dementia, Endocarditis, and Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)” media in this week’s Learning Resources. Then select one of the disorders you identified from the scenarios. Use the examples in the media as a guide to construct a mind map for the disorder you selected. Consider the epidemiology, pathophysiology, risk factors, clinical presentation, and diagnosis of the disorder, as well as any adaptive responses to alterations.
- Review the Application Assignment Rubric found under Course Information
Write a 2- to 3-page paper excluding the title page, reference page and Mind Map that addresses the following:
- For each of the three scenarios explain the pathophysiology, associated alterations and the patients’ adaptive responses to the alterations caused by the disease processes. You are required to discuss all three scenarios within the paper component of this assignment.
- Construct one mind map on a selected disorder presented in one of the scenarios. Your Mind Map must include the epidemiology, pathophysiology, risk factors, clinical presentation, and diagnosis of the disorder, as well as any adaptive responses to alterations.
Assignment: Adaptive Response Health Medical Assignment Help[supanova_question]
Community Corrections: W3IP– Types of Sanctions Business Finance Assignment Help
- Provide an example (in the form of a scenario) of individualized justice in which the victim is the community.
- Provide an example (in the form of a scenario) of individualized justice in which the victim is an individual.
- For each example, provide an appropriate sanction. Justify your answer.
Your instructor will provide you with the defendant scenario in preparation for the Key Assignment. What state probation program will you apply to this scenario?
The following is the scenario:
Name: John E. Orchids
DOB: December 1, 1995
- First misdemeanor at age of 12 for public nuisance
- Second misdemeanor for truancy
NOTE: Juvenile records are protected by the court and detailed information is not available.
Probation/Parole History: None
Official version of the offense: Orchids was detained for loitering. When he was searched, the officer found in his possession 1/6 of 1 ounce of a substance identified as marijuana. Possession of any unauthorized drug is a felony offense.
Plea bargain: Council for the defendant is proposing a presentence intervention program (PSIP) of which the arraignment and hearing be transferred to a drug court.
Custody status: Defendant has been released to the custody of the parents with an enforced curfew.
- Gang affiliation: The defendant has no known gang affiliations or organized crime participation. However, he has been counseled for carrying a concealed weapon on one occasion.
- Background and ties to the community: It has been reported that the defendant has been a regular attendee at the local church and participated in several church-sponsored programs to improve the community. He was also an active member of a scouts program through age 16.
- Substance abuse history: This is the first incident offense where an illegal substance was identified. It is pending further interviews with the defendant to determine if there is or is not a substance abuse history.
- Physical health: The defendant is a healthy Caucasian male with no visible scars or tattoos. There are no visible or obvious physical defects noted.
- Mental health: The defendant related that he comes from a loving and supportive family background with a normal childhood and no traumatic incidents he can recall. The defendant has expressed remorse for the problems he has caused his mother in the past and the expense of hiring an attorney.
- Financial circumstances: The defendant resides with parents and has no visible means of self-support.
- Employment history: The defendant has stated he has had summer employment and was allowed to keep what he had earned. He also had received money from relatives and family on his birthday and special occasions but was not allowed to work while attending school.
- Education history: The defendant is a senior and projected to graduate, pending the outcome of this case, in May 2014. The defendant has planned to attend college in the fall of 2014.
- Victim impact statement: There are no known victims or property loss associated with this indictment.
- Military record: The defendant has participated in Reserved Officer Training Corp (ROTC) beginning in his freshman year of high school. The defendant had joined, with the permission of his parents, the State National Guard, attended basic training in the summer between his junior and senior year, and plans to continue his enlistment as a means to pay for college.
Media Options Business Finance Assignment Help
See below. only need three slides Powerpoint for Casey’s portion. On traditional media (channel and content). and a total of 175 words in the speaker notes.
The purpose of this assignment is to creatively illustrate traditional and new media options. An understanding of the target audience and effective communication for each is a desired outcome. It provides the Learning Team the opportunity to creatively illustrate traditional and new media options. An understanding of the target audience and effective communication for each is a desired outcome.
As a Learning Team choose a brand (different from the Week 3 Learning Team Assignment) and a related brand strategy.
Create a Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation, Prezi, or Vimeo video, etc. which illustrates one traditional media option (print, TV, radio, billboard, etc.) and one new (social media) media option for your brand and brand strategy. The presentation should be a minimum of 7-10 slides or, if Prezi or Vimeo video, an 8-minute minimum.
Note: Prezi presentations cannot be uploaded to the classroom. Please provide your instructor with the link to the presentation on the web. Prezi will provide you with a URL link to the presentation.
Discuss in a minimum 700 words the differences between the traditional media option and the new media option in terms of audience, reach, channel and content. A table of differences may be used to concisely illustrate the differences but you must include a discussion of insights/concerns/issues between the media options.
Note: Charts/graphs/tables in your Microsoft® Word write-up do not count towards the word count.
Cite a minimum of three peer-reviewed references.
Format your assignment consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
answer the study guide based on slides which I attached and some of the opinion * around 5 chapters * Humanities Assignment Help
These question swill be designed your knowledge of the definitions and implications of the major concepts we
have covered in the class. The ideal answer will first describe these major concepts (such as electoral
systems) and then provide an informed discussion about the potential implications of them. The answers
should be long enough to contain detailed information about the characteristics and implications of major
concepts. Although I encourage you to provide your own opinion when possible, it is important to note
that the ideal answer will rely heavily on the slides (rather than personal opinions). •
Explain the Cartel Party Thesis. How (and why) did the use of public money to fund political
parties lead to ‘Cartel Parties’ ?
Explain the two important dimensions in candidate selection procedures (inclusiveness/exclusiveness
in candidacy and the select orate). Why are these two dimensions important?
Compare and contrast Two-Round Ballot System, PR systems (closed and open), Single-Transferable
Vote, FPTP (also called SMP) systems. Which systems are more efficient (little room for opposi-
tion), representative (more proportionate results), and simple (for voters)? Which systems create
a stronger link between the representative and the voter? Which systems favor larger parties? In
which systems personal vote earning attributes (i.e., personal reputation) are minimized?
Describe the history, functions and characteristics of the major EU institutions? What role do
they play in the policy making process?
What does the ‘democratic deficit’ mean in the European context? What are the pros and cons of
having a European parliament and commission? How do Europeans perceive these institutions?
It is often hypothesized that politicians are either policy-oriented or office-oriented. What type
of politicians (policy or office seekers) are more likely to form oversized or minority coalition
governments, and why?
Compare and contrast the types of governments (single-party, minimal winning coalition, surplus
majority, single-party minority and minority governments) in terms of their survival rates (I will
provide the statistical data on survival rates). What does explain low and high survival rates in
Explain the main characteristics of European populist parties? Are they right or left wing (or
both)? What do they seek to achieve? What are the leading examples of populist parties in
2 prompts, 3 pages each. DON’T use outside sources or works cited page, just your opinion and facts Humanities Assignment Help
1. Discuss how Europe’s quest for empire transformed the social and economic landscape of Indigenous North America. In your view, what was the relationship Native Americans had with European colonists in the early stages of empire and how did that relationship change over time for the better or worse? Finally, were Anglo-Indian relations beneficial or detrimental and why (explain)?
2. How did the social, political, and economic history of the Chesapeake differ from that of New England in the early seventeenth century? What role did religion play in each of these regions and did it advance notions of freedom and liberty? Finally, with all things considered which region (Chesapeake or New England) served as a model of freedom and opportunity to English colonists?
Capstone transferable skills project written based off of 5 papers throughout the course Health Medical Assignment Help
Throughout your education, you have been asked to research topics and write papers, engage in thought-provoking discussions, consider diverse perspectives, and a host of other challenges that have required you to use both your discipline-specific skills as well as your soft skills. These are called transferable skills, and are skills that you develop that can be transferred and applied within your chosen career. Transferable skills are highly valuable and essential for career success.
Throughout this course, you have been working on a project that allowed you to demonstrate your understanding of the transferable skills. It is now time to submit your project/assignment and add a transferable skills reflection.
To complete this assignment, you will need to do the following:
Part I: Compiling Your Exemplar Project
- Compile all of your completed course project assignment deliverables. Place them in the proper order, and save them in a single Microsoft Word document.
Part II: Transferable Skills Self Reflection
- In a minimum of 1 full page, using Microsoft Word, write an essay (full introduction and conclusion), which includes the following:
- Describe the knowledge, skills and/or attitudes regarding each of the transferable skills that you’ve gained as a result of completing this particular project/assignment.
- Discuss the ways that you are going to incorporate the transferable skills (the transferable skills that you showcased in your exemplary project) into your work within your chosen career field.
- Describe your future goals based on the transferable skills that you’ve chosen to showcase.
- Write your paper utilizing proper tone, spelling and grammar.
- Once you have completed your reflection assignment, add it to the end of the document you compiled in part I. The self-reflection should be the last few pages of your exemplar project. If done correctly, everything will be one document!
- Save the compiled document to a folder. Then, zip or compress the folder, and submit the zipped folder to the drop box.
Capstone transferable skills project written based off of 5 papers throughout the course Health Medical Assignment Help[supanova_question]
Product and Price Business Finance Assignment Help
Using the Waters Bottling Company in Module 1, continue to build the Marketing Plan Sections for the product you have selected/ invented/ created. Complete the following in MS Word: Be concise but complete in your analysis of each plan element. Your employer wants to know you have left nothing out in your analysis.
This assignment represents Section 3 of the Marketing Plan. Use the guide to identify the sections of the Marketing Plan and the marketing elements contained therein. This assignment will focus on Section 3– Product & Price (Module 3).
Section 3 – Product & Price (Module 3 LASA 1)
- The Product
- Product Levels: Core, Actual, & Augmented (Packaging)
- Product Life Cycle
- BCG Model
- Services Marketing
- Price Determination & Pricing Strategies
- Supply & Demand
- Objectives and Strategies
You will create a complete Marketing Plan by the end of the course. You will write the third section of the Marketing Plan for this assignment. Use the Marketing Plan guide to identify the sections of the Marketing Plan and the marketing elements contained therein. This assignment will focus on Section 3 – The Product & Pricing (Module 3).
Relate all responses using the WBC scenario and the product you have selected to market in Module 1.
Create a 4- to 6-page Word document for your Marketing Plan Section. Apply a standard business writing style using the Market Planning Guide sections as your (headers/ sub heads/ bullets) to your work. Be sure to cite your work in the APA format.
Use the following file-naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M3_A2.doc. For example, if your name is John Smith, your document will be named SmithJ_M3_A2.doc.
Submit your Word document to the Submissions Area by the end of the Module.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||
|Determine the features/ benefits of the selected product. Include the Core, Actual, and Augmented product characteristics in your analysis.||
|Identify the stages of the product’s life cycle and what will take place for your selected product in each stage.||
|Discuss the BCG Model for your product..||
|Examine the Services Marketing aspects of this product.||
|Discuss the elements for determining the price.||
|Compare the various Pricing Strategies for this product.||
|Explain the Supply & Demand aspects as they relate to the pricing strategy.||
|Analyze competitive pricing for similar products.||
|Discuss pricing as it relates to company objectives and strategies.||
|Writing components: Demonstrated understanding of readings, interpreting concepts, making connections, and distinguishing between fact and opinion. Presented a structured report free of spelling and grammatical errors, and applied current writing standards for editorial style, expression of ideas, and format of text, citations, and references.||
Case Study: Through the Eyes of the Patient and the Health Care Professiona Humanities Assignment Help
Allied health professionals are confronted with different death and dying practices. An effective allied health professional recognizes the importance of understanding different cultural practices, and learns how to evaluate the death, dying, and spiritual beliefs and practices across the cultures.
Read the two specified case histories and choose one for this assignment.
Chapter 4, “Stories of Abby: An Ojibwa Journey
Identify your role as a health care professional in supporting Abby or Shanti’s dying rituals, and in creating strategies for displaying respect while still providing quality care. Integrate your strategies as you develop a care plan describing how you would approach the situation and care for the patient.
Include the following in your care plan:
- Communication: family and patient
- Treatment options that align with the specific culture
- Education: family and patient
- Family roles in the process
- Spiritual beliefs
- Cultural responses
- Any additional components that you feel would need to be addressed (from your perspective as a health care professional)
“Stories of Abby: An Ojibwa Journey can be found by doing a google search
No paper needs to be written just fill out the care plan template I have attached the link above.
Healthcare Agencies and GHDx Writing Assignment Help
Imagine you are a Program Manager or Technical Analyst, working for the World Health Organization (WHO) or Non-governmental Organization (NGO). You have been asked to put together a PowerPoint presentation of 8-10 slides, not including title or reference slides, about what you learned at the recent World Health Summit. Each slide with content should also include 150-200 word Speaker Notes. Be sure to include the following information in your presentation:
•Explain your job duties.
•Describe the history and development of the Global Health Data Exchange (GHDx), and explain why it was formed. Include the types of services it provides around the world.
•Explain how the WHO, GHDx, and the World Health Summit are involved in world health, including information about how new technology is provided for foreign countries.
•Provide and describe the types of health care technology available in foreign countries. This can include low-income, middle-income, and high-income economies.
•Select 5 of the best health care organizations in the world, and summarize the services they provide. Explain why these are considered the best health care organizations in the world.
•In a table, outline significant differences among 4 nations offering the best health care as compared to those that provide low-quality health care.
Be sure to support your information by citing at least 2 scholarly references using APA format.
Role of Qualitative Data in Business Research Assignment Help
Based on the information provided in the final project case study Maruti Suzuki identify the data provided in the case study that is qualitative in nature and can be used to help answer your research question.
Select one or two tables of qualitative data and describe how it will support answering the research question. Be specific; describe the data you plan to use (i.e., reference the table number and title) and how it may help you to develop a research design
Your research report will be based on quantitative data, but it is important to consider any qualitative aspects of the case that may have an effect on the
outcome, as qualitative data often supports quantitative data and provides a more complete picture for the researcher. In this journal, you will have the
opportunity to explore the role of the qualitative aspects in your research before analyzing the quantitative data you will use to address your business problem.
Based on the information provided in the final project case study Maruti Suzuki India: Defending Market Leadership in the A-Segment, identify the data provided
in the case study that is qualitative in nature and can be used to help answer your research question. Select one or two tables of qualitative data and describe
how it will support answering the research question. Be specific; describe the data you plan to use (i.e., reference the table number and title) and how it may
help you to develop a research design (Milestone Two).
Guidelines for Submission: Submit assignment as a Word document with double spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and one-inch margins