This paper just needs to answer the below questison. 250-300 words will be fine.
We live in a busy and fast world. Mental health is one of the national health priority areas. The issue is complex and has several causes. This week I would like your group to discuss what you think can be done to address to stigma around mental health and/or any evaluated preventative programs that have had a positive impact on mental health. Be mindful that mental health is a sensitive issue; let us ensure we respect each other’s thoughts for this discussion.
Some reference ideas
1. Coates D, Saleeba C, Howe D. Mental health attitudes and beliefs in a community sample on the central coast in australia: Barriers to help seeking. Community Mental Health Journal [Internet]. 2019 [cited 2022 Aug 19]; 55(3):476-86. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10597-018-0270-8 DOI: 10.1007/s10597-018-0270-8
2. Morgan AJ, Wright J, Reavley NJ. Review of australian initiatives to reduce stigma towards people with complex mental illness: What exists and what works? International Journal of Mental Health Systems [Internet]. 2021 [cited 2022 Aug 19]; 15(1):10. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1186/s13033-020-00423-1 DOI: 10.1186/s13033-020-00423-1
3. NSW Health. ‘Pacer’ shows strong results in first six months. 2020. Available from: https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/news/Pages/20201202_01.aspx.
4. Pacer team already providing support to tasmanians experiencing mental health distress [press release]. The Department of Premier and Cabinet: Jeremy Rockliff 2022.
1. Knaak S, Mantler E, Szeto A, editors. Mental illness-related stigma in healthcare: Barriers to access and care and evidence-based solutions. Healthcare management forum; 2017: SAGE Publications Sage CA: Los Angeles, CA.
2. McGorry PD, Goldstone SD, Parker AG, Rickwood DJ, Hickie IB. Cultures for mental health care of young people: an Australian blueprint for reform. The Lancet Psychiatry. 2014;1(7):559-68.
3. McGorry P, Bates T, Birchwood M. Designing youth mental health services for the 21st century: examples from Australia, Ireland and the UK. British Journal of Psychiatry. 2013;202(s54):s30-s5.
4. Castillo EG, Ijadi-Maghsoodi R, Shadravan S, Moore E, Mensah MO, Docherty M, et al. Community interventions to promote mental health and social equity. Current psychiatry reports. 2019;21(5):1-14.
5. Kearns M, Muldoon OT, Msetfi RM, Surgenor PW. The impact of community-based mental health service provision on stigma and attitudes towards professional help-seeking. Journal of Mental Health. 2019;28(3):289-95.
6. Malla A, Iyer S, McGorry P, Cannon M, Coughlan H, Singh S, et al. From early intervention in psychosis to youth mental health reform: a review of the evolution and transformation of mental health services for young people. Social psychiatry and psychiatric epidemiology. 2016;51(3):319-26.
7. Stuart H. Reducing the stigma of mental illness. Global Mental Health. 2016;3:e17.