Child abuse and child neglect Health Medical Assignment Help. Child abuse and child neglect Health Medical Assignment Help.
Hello please follows instruction. APA styles provide me with at least 5 references, which are not older, than 5 years old. Define and discuss topics separate. I would like you to discuss and define child abuse and child neglect. The sign and symptoms primary providers should look for when assessing children in a primary clinic that are suffer from child neglect and child abuse. The type of strategies questions to ask the child and the care giver in other to reveal the truth and how to properly handle a child abuse and child neglect case in a primary clinic.
Child abuse and child neglect Health Medical Assignment Help[supanova_question]
Everyman’s McLuhan Humanities Assignment Help
Read Everyman’s McLuhan and watch the accompanying documentary assigned, I want to hear your reaction to the following questions:
Watch Marshall McLuhan: Out of Orbit (here’s the link for the documentary on YouTube:
- What are the three most important ideas you took away from these sources? Find a quote that expresses it in either the documentary or the book, and then translate them into your own words.
- How do McLuhan’s theories explain two or more of the media interactions common to your everyday life?
- Do McLuhan’s theories seem rather dull, pretty obvious or completely revolutionary? Choose a position and explain your choice.
The first prompt can be answered in a bullet point format, but the last two require at least a paragraph per response.
Develop cooperative relationships with clients when teaching concepts. Health Medical Assignment Help
Choose any case study. Paper MUST BE 5 pages.
MN551: Develop cooperative relationships with clients when teaching concepts concerning pathological states to individuals and families
Select one of the case studies below, and include discussion of your strategy for winning the patients cooperation while teaching concepts concerning pathological states to them and their families.
- Make sure all of the topics in the case study have been addressed.
- Cite at least three sources; journal articles, textbooks or evidenced-based websites to support the content.
- All sources must be within five years.
- Do not use .com, Wikipedia, or up-to-date, etc., for your sources.
Case Study 1
Concepts of Altered Health in Older Adults
Joseph P. is an 82-year-old male living at home. He is in overall good health and enjoys taking long walks as often as possible. During his walks, he likes to stop for a cold glass of fruit juice at the local cafeteria. On cold or rainy days, he rides a stationary bicycle at home for 30 minutes to “stay in good shape.”
- What physiological factors would typically increase Joseph’s risk of falling while walking outdoors?
- What are the common changes in blood pressure regulation that occurs with aging?
- Joseph enjoys fruit juice when he walks. Considering the renal system in the older adult, why would dehydration be a particular concern?
Case Study 2
Structure and Function of the Kidney
Rivka is an active 21-year-old who decided to take a day off from her university classes. The weather was hot and the sun bright, so she decided to go down to the beach. When she arrived, she found a few people playing beach volleyball, and they asked if she wanted to join in. She put down her school bag and began to play. The others were well prepared for their day out and stopped throughout the game to have their power drinks and soda pop. Several hours after they began to play, however, Rivka was not feeling so good. She stopped sweating and was feeling dizzy. One player noted she had not taken a washroom break at all during the day. They found a shaded area for her, and one of the players shared his power drink with her. Rivka was thirstier than she realized and quickly finished the drink.
- In pronounced dehydration, hypotension can occur. How would this affect the glomerular filtration rate of the kidney? What actions by the juxtaglomerular apparatus would occur to restore GFR?
- What is the effect aldosterone has on the distal convoluted tubule? Why would the actions of aldosterone be useful to Rivka in her situation?
- What does a specific gravity test measure? If someone tested the specific gravity of Rivka’s urine, what might it indicate?
Case Study 3
Disorders of Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
Amanda is an 18-year-old with anorexia nervosa. She was recently admitted to an eating disorders clinic with a BMI of 13.9, and although she was a voluntary patient, she was reluctant about the treatment. She was convinced she was overweight because her clothes felt tight on her. She complained that even her hands and feet “were fat.” One of her nurses explained that a protein in her blood was low. The nurse further explained that, as difficult as it may be to believe, eating a normal healthy diet would make the “fat hands and feet” go away.
- What protein do you suspect the nurse was referring to? How would a deficiency in this protein contribute to edema?
- What is the difference between the physiology of pitting and nonpitting edema?
- Because of her weakened condition, Amanda was moved around the ward in a wheelchair when she was not on bed rest. How does this affect her edematous tissues?
Case Study 4
Disorders of Acid–Base Balance
Shauna is a healthy, fit 28-year-old who decided to go on a 2-week tour of Mexico for young singles. One hot afternoon in a small market community, she grabbed some fruit juice from a street vendor. Several hours later, she developed abdominal cramping and diarrhea. The diarrhea became so severe that she missed 3 days of the tour and stayed in her hotel room. By the end of her illness, she felt weak and tired. Her head ached, but the mild fever had disappeared, and she was able to join her new friends for the rest of the tour.
- What is the acid–base imbalance Shauna might have experienced and its etiology?
- What are the functions and importance of the bicarbonate buffer system in the body?
Case Study 5
Disorders of Renal Function
Fred, a fit and healthy 44-year-old, was working outside one warm summer afternoon. When he returned home by the end of the day, his lower back felt sore and he felt nauseated. His wife made him dinner, but he was not hungry and chose to go to bed instead. Fred’s symptoms progressed, and soon he was rolling on the bed with excruciating pain. He said his back hurt as well as his stomach and groin area. The pain would ease off only to return a short while later, and when it did, Fred would begin to sweat and run to the bathroom to vomit. His wife became concerned and started the car. When his symptoms abated, she helped him into the car and rushed him to the hospital.
- At the hospital, an abdominal radiograph showed the presence of renal calculi in Fred’s right ureter (urolithiasis). What is the mechanism of stone formation in the kidney? What is the role of citrate in the kidneys?
- Why would the administration of calcium supplements be useful for a patient with calcium oxalate stones?
- Hydronephrosis can be a complication of renal calculi. What is hydronephrosis? How does back pressure occur in a kidney, and what physiological mechanism is responsible for nephron damage when back pressure is present?
Case Study 6
Acute Renal Injury and Chronic Kidney Disease
Will is a 68-year-old male with a history of hypertension. Eight months ago, he started regular dialysis therapy for ESRD. Before that, his physician was closely monitoring his condition because he had polyuria and nocturia. Soon it became difficult to manage his hypertension. He also lost his appetite, became weak, easily fatigued, and had edema around his ankles. Will debated with his physician about starting dialysis, but she insisted, before the signs and symptoms of uremia increased, the treatment was absolutely necessary.
- What is the difference between azotemia and uremia?
- Two years ago, Will’s physician told him to decrease his protein intake. In spite of what the physician ordered, Will could not stop having chicken, beef, pork, or eggs at least once a day. Why did his physician warn him about his diet?
- Will’s feelings of weakness and fatigue are symptoms of anemia. Why is he anemic?
- Knowing what you do about Will’s history, why is left ventricular dysfunction a concern for his physician?
Case Study 7
Disorders of the Bladder and Lower Urinary Tract
Alvita is a frail 89-year-old woman residing in a nursing home. She is able to move slowly around the residence with the use of a walker, but appreciates when her daughter is there to hold her arm and walk alongside her. When one of the health care staff changes Alvita, her daughter helps. Alvita’s incontinence has progressed, particularly over the last six years since she has resided in the nursing home. Alvita can smile at her lack of bladder control, however, and says that her incontinence really began when she was a young woman, just after the birth of her second daughter.
- Alvita’s mobility is limited. How does this affect continence in the elderly?
- Shortly after the birth of her second daughter, Alvita experienced mild incontinence, particularly after laughing or coughing. What was she experiencing? What is the pathophysiology behind this type of incontinence?
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
- Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th Edition format.
religion in the U.S Humanities Assignment Help
Related links along with attached word files :
Respond to question-sets A, E, F, G and at least one other question-set. (250 word minimum for posting as a whole.)
A) Briefly describe the “Congregational” or “New England Way” of the Puritans. What did the Puritans see as their “errand into the wilderness” of New England? Were the Puritans in favor of religious tolerance? Explain.
B) What were Puritan attitudes toward the Rhode Island colony? How did Roger Williams differ from the Puritans in his approach to Native Americans and the issue of land rights? Briefly characterize Roger Williams’ critique of the Massachusetts project (or the Puritan New England Way), and Cotton Mather’s Puritan critique of Williams.
C) Describe Puritan interaction with, and reaction to, Quakers. How does this relate to the history of religious freedom in America?
D) The text asserts that “amid fear of religious decline and socio-economic change” the New England Puritans resorted to “a more insidious side of their theology.” What form did this take? Discuss.
E) Comment on the Martin Marty broadcast. What changes does he identify in the American religious landscape? What does he see as the significance of the 1960’s in the history of religion in America? He says fundamentalism is not the “old time religion”—why does he claim this, and do you agree?
F) Martin Marty claims that evangelical Protestants have focused on what he terms “private” and “personal” issues of morality—divorce, abortion, pre-marital sex, same-sex marriage, etc.—instead of more “public” issues of morality and ethics such as poverty, peace, social justice, etc., and have organized American politics along a vice/virtue dividing line. Do you agree with Marty’s assessment? Explain.
G) Based on your reading of “What did the Puritans Think about God?” discuss the role of apocalypticism and/or millennialism in Puritan thought and life. Mention some of the following terms/individuals in your response: Day of Doom, New Jerusalem, Cotton Mather, Jonathan Edwards, “God’s plan.” How did Catholics and Anglicans fit into these Puritan concepts?
Case 4 LETTER OF APPLICATION Humanities Assignment Help
PLEASE WRITE ME A LETTER OF APPLICATION, ALSO CALLED A COVER LETTER. PICK A REAL JOB IN A REAL COMPANY THAT YOU ARE QUALIFIED TO WORK IN. YOU CAN USE A JOB THAT WOULD BE A PROMOTION IN YOUR OWN COMPANY OR A DIFFERENT COMPANY WITH THE JOB YOU HAVE NOW. THIS SHOULD BE A MINIMUM OF 4 PARAGRAPHS.
DO NOT FORGET TO PUT THE WORD “ENCLOSURE” ONE BLACK SPACE AFTER YOUR NAME AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE
KEEP IT TO 1 PAGE, 3-4 PARAGRAPHS
YOU CAN VIEW A LETTER OF APPLICATION EXAMPLE IN MODULE 13.
CLICK ABOVE TO COMPLETE YOUR ASSIGNMENT. YOU MUST USE MICROSOFT WORD FOR YOUR ATTACHMENT. I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO OPEN OTHER PROGRAMS
1. Your paragraphs have no indents, no blank spaces inside paragraphs and 1 blank space between paragraphs 2. Case 4 is in a letter format so go to MODULES, UNIT 13, COVER LETTER/LETTER OF APPLICATION EXAMPLES. Follow that format for your letter. 3. Your textbook writes about letters of applications. Tell them what job you are applying for and how you heard about it in the 1st paragraph. In the middle paragraphs write your qualifications for the job and in the last paragraph ask for a job interview. Keep this letter to 1 page. Always be professional and friendly in the tone of the letter 4. After the date in the letter is who you are writing to and their address. If you don’t know the name of the person, make it up. Also, use Mr. or Ms. for who you are writing to. 5. Make sure you have a “Dear Mr. or Ms. last name:” in the letter, just like the example. 6. Pick a real job in a real company that you are qualified to work in. You can use a job that would be a promotion in your own company or a different company with the job you have now. 7. Make sure you write in paragraphs. 8. Use Mr. or Ms. in both who you are writing to and “Dear Mr./Ms. Last name:” 9. At the bottom of your letters you will type “Sincerely” then a couple of spaces and then your typed name. In real life you would sign your name after you print the document between “Sincerely” and your typed name. Since this is an online assignment, you will not sign your name. 10. No “th” when using the full date such as September 7, 2017 11. Use the word “Enclosure” at the bottom of the page because a resume is enclosed.
HCA 352 Legal & Ethical Aspects of Health Info Mgmt Health Medical Assignment Help
Week 2 – Discussion 2
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Reference the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
A surgeon performs elective surgery on John Smith. Smith later complains to his surgeon about pain resulting from the surgery. His surgeon dismisses his complaints as not credible and eventually withdraws from the case. Smith is then treated by another surgeon, who determines that Smith developed complications from surgery and that the delay in treatment has made the complications worse. Smith sees an attorney about a possible lawsuit against the first surgeon. (Case Study, p.88)
Based upon the information above, describe at least two theories of liability that could support a lawsuit under these circumstances. Be sure to discuss each theory in detail and thoroughly explain the rational for your choices. What are the potential defenses and limitations of the liability theories you have chosen?
Guided Response: Review several of your classmates’ posts. Provide a substantive response to at least two of your peers, specifically, those who chose a different theory of liability than you did. How does the theory they selected also support a lawsuit in this case? Did they support their choice with adequate reasoning? Would another theory be more or less appropriate, in your opinion?
HCA 352 Legal & Ethical Aspects of Health Info Mgmt Health Medical Assignment Help[supanova_question]
Complete 2 Social Work Discussion Responses to Classmates Humanities Assignment Help
Respond by Day 5 to at least two colleagues by explaining two potential barriers your colleague might face in becoming a culturally competent social worker working with the population your colleague described and offer a skill you might use to overcome each barrier.
DISCUSSION POST #1:
The definition of cultural competence from our text book states: “cultural competence is the ability to apply knowledge and skill to social work practice with diverse groups. Cultural competence includes specific knowledge about individual cultures, valuing of and sensitivity to cultural differences, awareness of the patterns of oppression experienced but those cultures, and the skills to utilize culturally appropriate interventions” (Kirst-Ashman & Hull, 2015, p. 445). In the social work field, cultural competence is very important and we must be committed to a lifelong career of learning. “Social workers shall have and continue to develop specialized knowledge and understanding about the history, traditions, values, family systems, and artistic expressions of major client groups served” (NASW, 2001, p. 18). As a social worker you will encounter many cases from clients from different backgrounds.
In the article we read from Johnson & Munch, Fundamental Contradictions in Cultural Competence, they also agree that cultural competency (CC) is an important part to social work practice. However, they also argue that “several aspects of CC contradict central social work concepts or are at odds with the current, standard social work practice” (2009, p. 229) . For the sake of time, I will not go too much into the contractions but instead focus on the skills necessary for attaining cultural competence as a social worker in order to work with the population of my interest. They believe “knowledge in substance areas that include racism, structural inequalities and health disparities” are required (Johnson & Munch, 2009, p. 229). Although it will be impossible to become an expert in working with everyone, our text book suggest we take “additional time to learn about the cultural and life experiences of those unique groups that compromise your caseload or that live in your geographical area” (Kirst-Ashman & Hull, 2015, p. 449).
One must always remember that even though we learned about a culture does not mean we know everything. Highlight 12.5 from our text book gives us Strategies for Cultural Competence which are broken down into twelve rules. Number two specifically states, “[d]o not assume that ethic identity tell you anything about a person’s values or behavior” (2015, p. 469). There are many similarities and differences, the best skill to have is to be flexible. Take all of your expereince and built off of that, never make it your norm. Be open to learning and know that it is okay to not know everything. Time is the best experience.
Johnson, Y. M., & Munch, S. (2009). Fundamental contradictions in cultural competence. Social Work, 54(3), 220–231.
Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
Kirst-Ashman, K., and Hull, G. Understanding Generalist Practice. 7th ed. Stamford, CT: Cengage Learning, 2015. Print.
National Association of Social Workers. (2001). NASW Standards for Cultural Competence in Social Worker Practice.
Retrieved March 8, 2016, https://www.socialworkers.org/practice/standards/naswculturalstandards.pdf.
DISCUSSION POST #2:
Cultural Competency in the Aged
In the National Association of Social Works (NASW) Code of Ethics there are ethical standards and principles to follow in dealing with clients. Being committed to a client,building trust, establishing respect and being sensitive to ones differences are key in success. A social worker must be willing to listen and learn more about a client to be culturally competent.
The aged is a population that requires the social worker to be competent about their culture and sub-cultures intertwined. During a conversation with one of my clients, she informed me that she was hard of hearing and one of the most embarrassing things is when she tells a nurse in confidence that her brief needs to be changed and the nurse then repeats what she said loudly. The client said that she is embarrassed and humiliated and said one would think there is a way to communicate without screaming. In this case the client felt that her privacy was compromised, her dignity was not respected and there was a lack of correct communication skills. One important thing to know about this group is that some, not all are hard of hearing so the social worker has to be respectful of the environment in which to have certain discussions. There are other things to keep in mind in regards to this community, due to medical conditions, the social work interaction may need to be altered, there are medications that alter a persons speech. One must be cognizant of these things. Kirst-Ashman, K.K., & Hull, G.H., Jr. (2015). Understanding generalist practice (6th ed.). Stamford, CT. Cengage Learning. Chapter 12, “Culturally Competent Social Work Practice” (pp.442-472) Page 459 refers to communication patterns and the importance of understanding differences in communication.
In the article Examining Cultural Competence in Health Care: Implications for Social Work (2013) Chow, Julien C.-C, Horevitz, Elizabeth & Lawson, Jennifer (National Association of Social Workers) mentions the applications of cultural competence, multiple other terms are used including cultural humility, cultural sensitivity, multicultural competency, cultural attonement, cultural proficiency, cultural tailoring and cultural interventions. In the culture of nursing homes it is standard practice for the facility to interview the resident or family to find out the residents likes and dislikes, race, religion, personal work history, hobbies and interest. This is all aimed to paint a picture of the resident to cater to their needs holistically.
The article Fundamental Contradictions in Cultural Competence by Yvonne M. Johnson and Shari Munch(2009). states that on a macro level in relation to health, the mission of the U.S. National Center for Cultural Competence (NCCC) is to increase the capacity of health care and mental health programs to design , implement and evaluate culturally and linguistically competent service delivery. To become culturally competent is to extend and enhance services to your client.
Johnson, Y.M., & Munch, S. (2009). Fundamental contradictions in cultural competence. Social Work, 54(3), 220-231. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
Kirst-Ashman, K.K., & Hull, G.H., Jr. (2015). Understanding generalist practice (6th ed.). Stamford, CT. Cengage Learning. Chapter 12, “Culturally Competent Social Work Practice” (pp.442-472).
Chow, Julien C.-C., Horevitz, Elizabeth, & Lawson, Jennifer(2013) National Association of Social Workers, Examining Cultural Competence in Health Care: Implications for Social Workers.
Critical thinking Business Finance Assignment Help
You have just landed an accounting position with a national telecommunications company. Because this is your first job you are eager to please your co workers and your supervisor who works closely with the controller. However, your supervisor has just paid you a visit. She told you that the controller is concerned that profits for the last fiscal year are much less than profits in the preceding five years. The controller has asked that depreciation on a machine purchased at the beginning of last year be recalculated. The machine has a five year useful life and is depreciated using the straight line method. The controller has asked that the machine be depreciated over a ten year useful life. Your supervisor contends that the depreciation thing really doesn t matter because the machine has already been paid for. In addition, your supervisor gives you an adjusting journal entry to correct what she calls expense transfers . This entry transfers items originally recorded as repairs and maintenance to capital assets.
1. Do you agree with the supervisor regarding the change in the estimated useful life of the machine? Why or why not?
2. Are you going to recalculate the depreciation and change the entry? Why or why not?
3. What is the proper accounting treatment for: (1) repairs and maintenance and (2) plant assets?
4. What is your supervisor trying to accomplish with the suggested expense transfers entry? What would be your course of action regarding the suggested entry?
This is under 7 hours assignment Business Finance Assignment Help
For Academic Service Learning credit, you may submit a full three-page report
on the Tuskegee Experiment. In your report, tell how this tragic
incident relates to African American health services in that era.
Please include appropriate parenthetical references and a reference
page. Maximum 100 points Tuskegee Experiment (No Extension)
For Academic Service Learning credit, you may submit a full three-page report on the Tuskegee Experiment. In your report, tell how this tragic incident relates to African American health services in that era. Please include appropriate parenthetical references and a reference page. Maximum 100 points.
HCA 352 Legal & Ethical Aspects of Health Info Mgmt Health Medical Assignment Help
Week 2 – Assignment
Health Care Relationships and Liability
“Before an individual can bring a lawsuit to establish some form of liability against a health care provider, the individual must have established a relationship with that provider. Without this relationship, the parties to a lawsuit are basically strangers who have no obligation to each other that could serve as the basis for a malpractice lawsuit” (McWay, 2010, p.68).
Using Fig. 4.1 from your course text, define and describe the health care relationships most common to legal action in the field of health care. Your analysis of these relationships should include:
1. Physician-Patient Relationships
a. How can this relationship be terminated?2. Hospital-Patient Relationships
a. What impact, if any, does the EMTALA have on this relationship?3. Hospital-Physician Relationships
a. What is the role of medical staff privileges in this relationship?4. Enrichment Activity
a. Construct a series of flowcharts (a minimum of three). Each flowchart should illustrate a health care relationship, a type of lawsuit, and a defense that could be raised. (“SmartArt” is a function of the most recent Microsoft Word versions that could be used to create flowcharts. It is located under the “Insert” tab on the tool ribbon at the top of the page, within Word)
b. Compare the differences between the flowcharts, and determine whether any of the elements in your flowcharts can be interchanged with another element. Can health care reform improve the dynamics of these relationships? If so, how?
Your paper should be three- to four- pages in length (excluding title and reference pages) and utilize at least three to four scholarly sources, not including your course text. All must be formatted according to APA guidelines as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
https://anyessayhelp.com/ for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.