Database Systems and Administration Computer Science Assignment Help. Database Systems and Administration Computer Science Assignment Help.
Gulf Institute of Advanced Technology (GIAT) conducts courses to award vocational and certifications
programs in various specializations. Management decided to proceed with automation of all the
process.It has many departments and each department can offer different programs. Each department
is chaired by a Director. Further, each department is identified with a unique ID, department name, and
employee_ID of the person who is heading the department. Within a department there are different
programs, each Programme is managed by a Programme Manager (PM), who in turn reports to the
Each department offers a bunch of courses spread across different programs which necessitates the
need of interaction between the PMs and Director during allotment of modules to training staff. A
course to be offered can have multiple sessions and each module is identified by a unique course code,
course name and number of credit hours. Each teaching faculty is allocated with a teaching load of
minimum of 18 credits.
Propose a conceptual model after an in-depth research on GIAT operations and processes. In order to
come up with an appropriate design/solution, you must study the requirements, issues and best
practices in this problem context. You can make relevant assumptions required to formulate business
rules, security, administration and modelling.
Submit a work proposal for this assignment
Understanding of deliverables – a detailed description of deliverables.
General overview of the given tasks – (Part A and Part-B) – initial understanding of solution
to all tasks with timeline to complete them and identification of literature resources. (For
more clarity, please refer to criteria of evaluating the work proposal given on the last page
of this assignment).
Design an Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) to model the above scenario. Identify the different entities
and attributes of each entity. Suggest and justify the choice of relationship and cardinality of the
relationship. State the assumptions (if any) made by you to develop the ERD based on your research.
Provide detailed analysis and justification for the selection of entities and attributes based on your
Derive a set of relational tables from the ER diagram (Task 2), using appropriate choices for the table
attributes. List the integrity rules and business rules, which you would recommend to ensure the quality
of data. Indicate all necessary key constraints. Critically analyze the constraints and business rules based
on your study of the institute
As a database administrator evaluate different Database Management system Software for the above
scenario. You are required to prepare a technical and financial feasibility report. You are required to
critically analyse each aspects and suggest the best suitable database management system software for
the above scenario with appropriate justifications.
As a database administrator identification of specific roles for users, authentication policy,
storage management and database recovery are critical. The efficiency and complexity of database
administration depends on the identified strategy and tools. Propose and critically review user
management, backup/recovery strategy, storage management/techniques formulated for the system
discussed in Task 1-3.
Prepare a report comprising an executive summary including self-reflections on the industry
guest speaker talk
Write a research article in IEEE Format on “best practice in the development of an appropriate and effective database system”. The research article can be approximately 2500 words.
Present the research article using a poster presentation covering the following aspects of research:
- Problem specification, importance of research and research questions
- Theoretical framework
- Rigor of literature review
- Methods or empirical analysis techniques
- Key findings and conclusions;
It should have Table of Contents.
iv. Use page numbers.
v. Assignment should be typed in your own words using Times New Roman font.
vi. Use Diagrams to explain in detail.
vii. Use suitable notations in your diagrams.
viii. Use appropriate SQL syntax wherever applicable.
ix. Copy paste from the Internet is strictly not acceptable.
x. References should be included in the last page and literature under pinning is needed at the point of explaining the concept.
xi. Attach the evidences (if any).
- Use reference ,use Harvard style
- Task 2:Extent of clarity in evaluating the role of conceptual modeling in the development of database systems and apply the entity-relationship modeling approach to a realistic scenario
- (a) Identify the different entities and attributes of each entity
- (b) The choice of relationship and cardinality of the relationship)
- (c)Assumptions made to develop the ERD
- Task 3: Derive relational tables from the ER diagram (Task 2), using appropriate choices for the table attributes.
- List the integrity rules and business rules, which you would recommend to ensure the quality of data. Indicate all necessary key constraints.
- Critically analyze the constraints and business rules based on your study of the institute 5 tables expected
- Task 4: critically Database Management Software. Identify any five aspects/ criteria to select the DBMS software. Critical analysis of each criteri
- Task 5: Ability to review (a) User management
- PART B:
(b) Backup/recovery strategy
(c) Storage management
(a) Quality, originality and relevance of research article
(b) Evidence of independent research and critical thinking
(c) Depth of understanding of problem context
(d) Literature review
(e) Concise objectives of research problem
(f) Research methodology
Database Systems and Administration Computer Science Assignment Help[supanova_question]
research ON Virtual Private network (VPN) AND Bluetooth Engineering Assignment Help
6 pages for two topics
Power points slides presentation about these topics
Virtual Private network (VPN)
The virtual private network (VPN) is a safe way to use public network without allowing other people to hack the information from the users. The implementation of VPN is same as we connect to the school server (desktop appANYWHERE).
Bluetooth is a wireless technology that enables data transfer between two devices, or multiple devices (commonly up to 7). Bluetooth is a low power, short wave, short range technology with (relatively) low cost transceivers. There are class 1, class 2 & class 3 Bluetooth devices that have a connectivity range of 100m, 10m (more popular) & 1m respectively.
Needs to be done, with great effort thank you Humanities Assignment Help
Has the student in both parts –
- Demonstrated factual and chronological knowledge of the key events, themes, and people that we have covered so far in our assigned work.
- Demonstrated the ability to interpret historical information by using analytical skills, such as using primary sources skillfully, contextualizing, and comparing and contrasting sources.
- Cited (given proper credit to) the sources used by using quotation marks to set off the words of others and citing sources? (for example: Mr. Van, “The Principal Themes in our Class,” http:smc.canvas.3495968)
- Used no other outside sources other than the assigned readings and discussion assignments unless otherwise directed by the instructor?
- Written a clear, grammatically correct, well-organized essay, free of misspellings and basic writing rules? Has s/he punctuated properly? That is, have they written college-level work?
Being able to dissect primary sources to extract what they tell us about the past is an essential part of understanding history. Such dissection has been a central part of our class so far. You’ve had almost two months to learn how to do this dissection and you’ve had the work of your fellow students in my Letters to the Class to learn from and to improve upon.
Given your role as amateur historians, let’s test your history skills.
On this webpage at the Library of Congressyou will find a Primary Source Set on Jamestown. Explore it thoroughly: your midterm grade depends on doing so. Note the Primary Source section. Click and explore each and every image. Read the Teacher’s Guide to gain more context on the founding and evolution of Jamestown the colony to supplement what we learned earlier in our class.
Next, using AS MANY OF THE PRIMARY SOURCES AS YOU CAN of those presented on this page, answer the questions below for Part 1 of the Midterm.
Show your mastery of these sources, cite the images when you use them, and write more, not less in doing your best work so far.
- Compare various images of Pocahontas. What differences are apparent? What similarities? How do these images compare to other things you know about Pocahontas?
- What can a careful, informed examination of these sources tell us about Native American villages and dwellings from examining the pictures? How does this information compare to what you know from other sources?
- What can a careful, informed examination of these sources tell us about Native American clothing and customs from examining the pictures?
- Carefully compare how the images portray the Native Americans and the settlers. What bias or perspective is evident? How does this information compare to what you know from other sources?
- Finally, step back from all of the rich materials in this Primary Source Set, taking them in. As an historian, and basing your answer on the evidence provided in the Source Set, what do you believe are three most important takeaways from your close study of the material in this Primary Source Set on Jamestown — the first English Colony in North America?
Please read the following primary source (below) as a historian might — in order to better understand the past by reading and thinking critically. The document is “What is an American,” by Crevecoeur. Then answer the questions below about this historical document. Given that this is the midterm, write more, not less and make all of it relevant.
- Source the document. That is, who (or what) wrote or produced this source? How do you know? When was the source made? It’s important to know, as precisely as possible, what was going on at the time. List three important events from our history textbook that occurred at about the same time that this document was created.
- In at least 500 words, summarize the key parts of the source. Put your answer entirely in your own words. Quote nothing. Offer no comments, editorials, or contextualizations: focus on the document itself, not on how the document might make you feel or believe.
- Using only this document and our assigned reading, who was the probable audience for this source? That is, to whom was this document aimed at? Using the document and its context, justify your answer.
- Contextualize this source. Tell us the circumstances that were occurring in the U.S. at about the time this document was created and that probably influenced the author when making it. Get down to dates and events cited from your textbook. Write no more than 200 words for your answer.
- What Larger Themes of those listed in the “Principal Themes in Our Class” does this source link to and shed light on? List and discuss at least two of these at some length, showing me you’re familiar with these themes. If more linkages exist (and they well might!), discuss them.
2 pages required ASAP Writing Assignment Help
For this essay, you are asked to consider whether or not the late-70s / 1980s return to recognizable imagery in postmodern and post-Modernist art was indeed public-friendly. Or did it follow the pattern that Steinberg observes? Can we say that this art “invit[es] us to applaud the destruction of values which we still cherish, while the positive cause, for the sake of which the sacrifices are made, is rarely made clear”?
In “Contemporary Art and the Plight of its Public,” Leo Steinberg describes the plight that any new art creates for all of its viewers—art professionals and uneducated bystanders alike. Steinberg writes: Contemporary art is constantly inviting us to applaud the destruction of values which we still cherish, while the positive cause, for the sake of which the sacrifices are made, is rarely made clear. So that the sacrifices appear as acts of demolition, or of dismantling, without any motive…. (Steinberg, 10) Steinberg argues that the phenomena of shock and outraged response recur: each new art innovation temporarily exasperates the public. In the 1950s and 1960s contemporary artists astonished audiences with seemingly absurd and perturbing tactics like incorporating junk in artworks, vandalizing valuable musical instruments, using their own bodies as material, etc. At the end of the 1970s, postmodern and post-Modernist artists returned to recognizable imagery, something that had disappeared from advanced art. Wasn’t this return to imagery friendly to the public? Could the new work be called “contemporary” art if it did not disturb the public? For this essay, you are asked to consider whether or not the late-70s / 1980s return to recognizable imagery in postmodern and post-Modernist art was indeed public-friendly. Or did it follow the pattern that Steinberg observes? Can we say that this art “invit[es] us to applaud the destruction of values which we still cherish, while the positive cause, for the sake of which the sacrifices are made, is rarely made clear”? This is an expository essay. That means you must take a position on the issue. Whatever position you take, you must justify it in a logical argument backed up by evidence taken from three artworks. This paper is an opportunity to argue your position by thoughtfully selecting and strategically discussing artworks. Your essay must begin with a fully elaborated thesis paragraph in which you introduce the question, state your position, and detail exactly what you will discuss in order to prove your argument. Choose three artworks: You may write about artists presented in class, but not the specific artworks shown in class.* You must choose three different artists: for any given artist, write about only one work. The date of the works is crucial. DO NOT write about works made before the late 1970s or after the 1980s! The controversy over the return to recognizable imagery does not begin before the end of the 70s, and it is resolved by the end of the 80s. If you are not certain whether a work is suitable for your essay, email me a jpeg well before you intend to write the paper. Assume it will take 24 hours for me to respond to email. *You cannot write about any of the photographs in Sherman’s Untitled Film Stills (1977-1980) and Centerfolds/Horizontals (1981) series. (She made many more works in the 1980s to choose from.) Likewise, you cannot write about Longo’s Men in the Cities series. 1 This is not a research paper. You don’t need to do in-depth research into the artworks. Just make sure that you know the facts. Be certain to reread Steinberg’s essay before beginning to outline your paper. You should review your lecture notes on the return to recognizable imagery, parts I and II, and on activist art in 1980s New York. You must acknowledge any and all sources that you quote or paraphrase. Write proper footnotes or endnotes to acknowledge the ideas and quotations you have borrowed from other authors. A complete bibliography is required. Use whichever style you want (Chicago, MLA, etc).
Hypothesis testing comparing two populations, confidence intervals, comparisons multiple proportions Mathematics Assignment Help
Please upload two documents
1- excel sheet with all calculations
2- word document with interpretation of the results (ex. explain results of the test mean in the context of the problem.
Data given is contains insurance classification, price and attributes of some cars in 1987. The aim of the study is to understand how insurance risk ratings and car attributes affect the price at which a car is sold. The variables in the data set are as follows:
-3, -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3.
2. Risk factor
Risky, neutral, safe
alfa-romero, audi, bmw, chevrolet, dodge, honda, isuzu, jaguar, mazda, mercedes-benz, mercury, mitsubishi, nissan, peugot, plymouth, porsche, renault, saab, subaru, toyota, volkswagen, volvo
hardtop, wagon, sedan, hatchback, convertible.
4wheel drive (4wd), forward wheel drive (fwd), rear wheel drive (rwd).
continuous from 86.6 120.9.
continuous from 141.1 to 208.1.
continuous from 60.3 to 72.3.
continuous from 47.8 to 59.8.
continuous from 1488 to 4066.
dohc, dohcv, l, ohc, ohcf, ohcv, rotor.
eight, five, four, six, three, twelve, two.
continuous from 61 to 326.
1bbl, 2bbl, 4bbl, idi, mfi, mpfi, spdi, spfi.
continuous from 2.54 to 3.94.
continuous from 2.07 to 4.17.
continuous from 7 to 23.
continuous from 48 to 288.
continuous from 4150 to 6600.
continuous from 13 to 49.
continuous from 16 to 54.
continuous from 5118 to 45400.
We would like to understand how the variables interact with each other. Write a report that includes the following:
- Calculate and interpret 95% confidence intervals of the proportion of cars that have four doors
- Auto world magazine published an article on car efficiency in Dec 1987. The article claimed that the average highway mileage of cars in 1987 was higher than that in 1985. Test auto world’s hypothesis assuming that the average highway mileage in 1985 was 26 mpg.
- Test the hypothesis that on average neutral-risk cars are more expensive than risky cars.
- Test for the independence of the risk factor and wheel drive (fwd, rwd and 4wd).
Loopback plug 5-1 Computer Science Assignment Help
In this chapter, you practiced terminating an Ethernet cable by attaching an RJ-45 jack. In Chapter 4, you learned that a loopback plug crosses the transmit line with the receive line to trick a device into thinking it’s connected to a network. You can create your own loopback plug simply by altering the pinout on the connector and forcing the transmissions to loop back in on themselves. A loopback plug is helpful for determining if a NIC on a workstation or a port on a switch is working or not.
To make your own loopback plug, you’ll need a 6-inch length of UTP cabling (Cat 5 or Cat 5e), an unused RJ-45 plug (and boot if it’s included with the plug), wire cutters, and a cable crimper.
- Cut to loosen the cable’s covering, then slide the covering off the cable and flatten out the wire pairs. Do not untwist the wire pairs. Select one wire pair (one solid and one striped) and lay the other pairs aside because you won’t need them.
- Untwist the wires on each end an inch or less and straighten out the tips. If needed, give each wire a clean cut to make sure the two wires on each end are even with each other.
- Insert one end of the twisted pair into the RJ-45 plug, making sure the solid color wire goes into slot 1, and the striped wire goes into slot 2. Be sure to push the wires all the way into the slots.
- Loop the wire pair around and insert the other end into the plug. The solid color wire goes into slot 3, and the striped wire goes into slot 6. (Slots 4, 5, 7, and 8 are not needed unless you’ll be testing VoIP equipment.)
- Push the wires all the way in, and use the crimpers to secure the wires in the plug. If a boot came with the plug, you can insert it over the wire loop and push it all the way through to cover the wire/plug connection, as shown in Figure 5-52.Figure 5-52Adding the boot to the loopback plug is optional© 2016 Cengage Learning®.
- Insert the loopback plug into a switch’s port that is known to be working correctly. If the port’s link indicator lights up (this may take a minute), you’ve successfully created a loopback plug.NoteIf you want to include the other two pins in the adapter so you can test VoIP and similar equipment, you’ll need to use a second twisted pair from your original cable. Before crimping, insert one end of the second pair into the plug. Press the solid color wire into slot 4 and the striped wire into slot 5. Loop the wire around and press the solid color wire into slot 7 and the striped wire into slot 8. Crimp, and you’re done.
Each answer to each bullet item must be a minimum of 4 paragraphs to receive credit.
Loopback plug 5-1 Computer Science Assignment Help[supanova_question]
Complete Research Proposal Writing Assignment Help
This submission should include all sub-components for the research proposal.
Your final Research Proposal, in APA (American Psychological Association) format, containing all the pertinent sections from the guide, with all necessary appendices,
Presume the reader has the power to approve or reject your proposal for funding, permission, etc. Additionally, presume they do not know your field or discipline. All abbreviations to be spelled out the first time, all terms defined, all processes and decisions grounded in the cited, scientific or academic literature.
NOTE: Qualitative Methods
The scholar will demonstrate comprehension of the principles of several qualitative research methods: Grounded Theory, Action Research, Phenomenology, Ethnography, and Case Study.
The scholar will demonstrate the application of inferential statistics.
FINAL RESEARCH PROPOSAL GUIDELINES
The final project for this course will be the creation of a research proposal. You will develop an idea to include your research question, hypothesis (if applicable), literature review, research methodology, and approach to data analysis. This proposal is a project you will build upon each week as you explore the many facets of the research process.
The details on what minimum components to include in the research proposal are found in “Writing the Research Proposal,” in the Leedy and Ormrod textbook (Ch. 5 in the 11th edition). The documents should clearly answer for any reader the key who is being studied and by whom (qualifications of the researcher) as well as to whom the results might apply. What is being investigated or described, what do prior investigators have to say about the issue, what tools will be used to perform the test or observations, what tools will be used to collect and analyze the data, as well as what your expectations are going into the study about your expected results? Where will this study be conducted, with justification and discussion about the generalizability of results to the related population? When will the study be concluded, and when will the results be available? Why is it necessary to perform this study? How will the results be analyzed, distributed, utilized to stimulate a positive impact for the population under consideration?
Essentially, you should make zero assumptions without supporting those assumptions or decisions with an academic or scientific literature supporting reference. Each step of your method needs to be thought out and referenced. Each decision (e.g., how to assure validity and reliability) requires a demonstration of the tool crafted, and literature supporting the rationale of your reasonable choice.
My topic proposal is:
**Disaster Management with Persons with Disabilities**
***I included all the work I’ve done to develop a research proposal below:
**i have to use all these documents to develop a complete a research proposal**
Annotated Bibliography rr (1).doc , Disaster Management with Persons with Disabilities Review Submission History Your Research Topic Problem and Question.doc , Disaster Management Research Hypothesis Statement.doc , Literature Review ,(1).doc , , Observation Instrument and Observer Instructions (1).doc , , APA Formatted Bibliography.doc .
Thesis Proposal 2-3 sentences Humanities Assignment Help
I need someone to write a 2-3 argumentative thesis!!
THESIS MY BE ARGUMENTATIVE
there must be no grammatical errors or plagiarism
You CANNOT USE ANY OTHER THE AUTHORS ARGUMENTS
Discuss moral obligations to create social structures that encourage criticism of the law or legal systems. Does these obligations exist? How strong are they? Who has these obligations? You might focus on one particular legally interesting group, and discuss whether it (as a group) or its members (as individuals) are obligated to create social structures that specifically help them engage in this sort of criticism (e.g. should judges create social structures to help judges specifically think critically about the law? Should prosecutors do this? Should the police do this? Etc.).
You must read the two articles I’ve uploaded
Relate Economic Analysis to Human and Cultural Diversity Economics Assignment Help
For this prewriting assignment, students will conduct the early research, organizing, and writing steps necessary to produce a high-quality report.
- Produce a template for their final document layout, format, and structure
- Develop a structure for presenting case content
- Initiate Content
- Conduct research and develop a reference list
For this part of the assignment, you will develop the layout, and format of your document (a template, or “shell”). You will develop a shell into which you can add the text of your document easily. Online tutorials, guides, and videos are widely available to help you quickly and easily complete the layout.
A note on resources: Google searches for various elements of the layout will result in a mix of resources that range from easy to follow and understand, to unnecessarily complicated and difficult to follow, so check out a few different resources before you start on each layout component. For example, I looked at 3 other useful but somewhat complicated tutorials before I looked at Linkedin’s “The Wicked Easy Way to Create a Table of Contents in Word” (Links to an external site.)and determined that their explanation was indeed wicked easy to follow and perfectly suitable for my needs for this assignment.
- Determine fonts and font sizes to use. A standard for font and size for the body text of many business documents is Times New Roman 12 point font, but you may use any clean, easy to read serif font, 10-12 points in size. Titles may use the same font or a clean sans-serif font (Arial and Helvetica are often used). Title hierarchy should be visually emphasized. This means that section titles should grab your eye more than sub-titles. You may choose to use centering (more visually strong), One may increase in font size 1-2 points, or use a bold, italicized, or underlined font to do this. One example of title levels is used by APA (Links to an external site.) which must be used with the indented paragraph option below.
- Select a paragraph style for the document. You may select one of two options
- Indent the first line of paragraphs, and have no additional space between paragraphs.
- The first line of a paragraph is not indented and there is a 12 point space between paragraphs.
- Select a paragraph style for the document. You may select one of two options
- Always justify body text to the left.
- Sections and page numbers. Include page numbers on the required pages in the bottom right margin. You will need to know how to set section breaks, disconnect section headers and footers and set up custom page numbers. If you don’t know how to do these things, look for tutorials online.
- Cover – no page numbers
- Table of Contents – roman numerals (i, ii, iii…).
- Body, Reference List, Appendix/Appendices – natural numbers (1, 2, 3…)
- Headers and Footers. Put the title of your document in the Header, justified to the left. Put your name followed by Consulting, justified to the left in the footer and justified to the right the page number.
- Table of Contents. You can use Styles in Word to set up the Table of Contents and the section titles, and subtitles in a way that will automate the page numbers listed in the Table of Contents. The table of contents should include Titles and subtitles used in your document with a page number for each justified to the right. Include the List of Tables and List of Figures after the Table of Contents, each as their own page as needed to list all tables and figures and their pages in the document.
- The Executive Summary is the page following the table of contents.
- Next, include the Introduction. You will include subsections for your background information and objective in this section.
- Your Analysis comes next. You will develop a logical structure for this, and outline it using subtitles in your report shell.
- After the analysis, you will include a section for your Recommendation and Conclusion
- Starting on a new page, include your Reference List after the recommendation and conclusion.
- Finally, include your Appendices
Step 2: Develop a structure for your analysis
You will develop a logical structure for presenting the information you need to make your case. You will build this structure into your report shell by including sub-titles. Titles and subtitles may all be changed or added to as necessary for the final report, but you are already able to build specific content sections into your report shell. There are a few things that you know already that you will definitely need to include as part of your analysis, and you are expected to determine and build an organizational structure for how you plan to present these aspects of your analysis into your report shell.
Step 3: Initiate Content
- Develop a report cover. The minimum elements required for the report cover are a report title, who the report is prepared for, who the report is prepared by, and the date the report is delivered. Optionally, report covers may have some graphic blocks or lines to create an interesting layout. You may also choose to add an image that is relevant to the topic of the report. All cover blocks, lines, or graphics should be used in a way that does not overwhelm the text, and graphics should be clearly related to the report. The cover is its own page, and does not have a number.
- Develop a table of contents including a list of tables and a list of figures. All titles and subtitles for every section after your table of contents must be included. Using the correct Word functions, you can generate a table of contents that automatically imports all of your section Headers (Header 1, Header 2, Header 3, etc.). If you use these functions, you will be able to easily update your table of contents as you fill in your report shell later on by using the “Update field” command. It is absolutely worth taking a few minutes to employ the correct Word functions at this point, as it will save you time and energy at the end of the assignment, which is usually the most stressful time.
Step 4: Conduct Research and Develop a Reference List
- Conduct research to find at least 4 sources you will need to make your case.
- Write an annotated bibliographyof your sources (this will not be included in your final report).
- Step 5: Case
Your client, Hupaya Incorporated, is going to build a new manufacturing facility. The budget for completing the facility and purchasing and installing the machinery is estimated to be $2.5 million (assume $2 million for the facility and $500,000 for machinery). It will have a net annual income cash flow of $750,000 for the next 10 years. Initially, they were planning to locate the facility near their US headquarters location where their total incremental tax rate would be 30%. However, they have been approached by the Irish government and want to evaluate the option of building the facility in Ireland against their original plan of building in the US. Assume that the interest rate is 8% per year. You will need to research tax methods and depreciation rules in Ireland and compare with those of the US.
Your consulting firm, [Your name] Consulting, has been hired to complete this evaluation and present a report with an analysis of the options that supports a recommendation you will make on where to locate the plant. The approach they have requested you to take is to calculate the after-tax present worth of adding the new manufacturing facility in each of the two countries (Ireland and the United States) and determine where it would be better to place the investment. You will need to research tax methods and depreciation rules in Ireland and compare what you find with those of the US. Use these results to recommend where to make the investment.
Write a report to present and justify your decision. Discuss the effects of financial issues in the decision process.
Essay Minimum Requirements:
- Minimum 500 words
- A clear, concise, coherent thesis statement that makes a case/presents an argument.
- Clear, well organized, and easy to follow structural organization, using the exemplar attached as a guide.
- You must use and cite a minimum of four sources.
- You must use APA formatting for your references and in-text citations, and you must cite your sources appropriately.
Please follow the report attached as a guide.
research paper Writing Assignment Help
Question 1 research paper
Drawn from chapter 3 of the CompTIA Cloud+ Study Guide (Montgomery, 2016).
Using Storage Provisioning and Creating LUNs
Creating a Logical Unit Number (LUN) on a Storage Area Network (SAN) is necessary to define the storage that the servers attached to the SAN will access. The actual process of creating a LUN depends on the manufacturer. For example, Microsoft’s graphical interface is much different than the command-line utilities found in most Unix or Linux releases. In Windows Server, to create a LUN in the console you would click LUN Management. Then you would click Create LUN in the Actions pane and just follow the wizard prompts to provision a LUN.
Creating Network Shares
In the cloud provider’s datacenter, the storage may very well be consolidated in a small number of large storage systems. This allows for centralized control and management of the storage infrastructure. Multiple companies may share these consolidated storage resources. The SAN administrator at the cloud provider will set up sharing on the drive controllers that defines who is allowed to access certain storage resources and what they are allowed to do to the data they are accessing. Setting up network shares can be done manually or, in the case of a modern cloud datacenter, by using automated provisioning tools that assign the storage when the cloud customer requests computing resources and specifies the type of storage required. The shared files generally are seen as folders in the operating system or appear as a locally attached drive. Some of the common shared types are the Server Message Block (SMB) utilized by Microsoft or the Network File System (NFS) common in all Linux distributions.
Zoning and LUN Masking
It is common to restrict storage on the network to a specific server or a small group of servers. With the use of zoning and LUN masking, the SAN can be restricted to eliminate multiple systems contending for the same storage resources. Also, you would not want a Windows filesystem trying to write to a Linux filesystem; that would corrupt the data on the storage array. When SAN zoning is implemented in a Fibre Channel SAN, access controls are configured that restrict the access allowed to servers and storage devices. For example, an individual server may require access to multiple storage systems, or perhaps multiple servers need to share a single storage device. Zoning is a way of accomplishing these SAN access requirements. When you configure zoning on a SAN switch, it is often called hard zoning since it is performed in hardware. If the zoning is configured to filter on the logical World Wide Names that are assigned to each storage endpoint, then it is referred to as soft zoning. LUN masking accomplishes the same goals as zoning but is implemented at the storage controller or Host Bus Adapter (HBA) level and not in the SAN switching fabric that zoning uses. LUN masking either permits or denies a server from accessing a LUN in the storage array. By defining and configuring LUN masking, you can use server masks to define what LUNs the servers can access even if there are multiple LUNs residing on a single port.
You just learned how to restrict access to storage data by implementing zoning and LUN masking. In this section, you will learn how to make the storage highly available, fault resistant, and less restrictive to the servers accessing the storage systems by using multipathing. Let’s begin by looking at a multipathing solution from a server’s point of view. We can install more than one HBA inside the server. By configuring the HBAs, we can fool the operating system into seeing only one HBA or allow it to use two or more HBAs and automatically fail over or reroute if a HBA should fail. Redundancy is extended to multiple Fibre Channel connections from the HBAs to the SAN switch. Also, multiple SAN switches can be used to create more than one completely separate switching fabric. At the storage controller, multiple Fibre Channel ports serve the same purpose as multiple HBAs in that should one Fibre Channel port fail on a storage controller, the redundant port will take over. Storage is a critical component in any cloud computing environment, and many measures are taken to protect and allow for high availability of the data. Multipathing—or the design of a storage area network to have more than one path from the device initiating a storage request to the device providing the storage service—is a very important consideration of any cloud solution.
Implications of Adding Capacity to a NAS and SAN
With the ever-increasing need for more storage and the move toward large file storage needs, there will come a time when the amount of storage in the cloud provider’s datacenter will need to be expanded. This can be a relatively straightforward exercise, or it may require a lot of reconfiguration and downtime.
Impact to Operations
With enterprise- and service provider–grade storage systems from companies such as EMC, Hitachi, and Network Appliance, the chassis is designed for maximum uptime and minimal impact to the cloud provider’s operations during maintenance tasks such as adding storage capacity. Generally new storage shelves can be added to the enclosure and powered up and configured while the storage system is operating. This will, of course depend on the capabilities of the storage hardware and software being used.
The amount of downtime can range from none at all to a substantial amount depending on the scope of the upgrade project and the capabilities of the storage hardware and software. Downtime for maintenance and changes are scheduled in a change window, which is usually when the load on the systems is the lightest.
You must take into account many factors when adding capacity to your existing SAN. For example, suppose you are considering moving to higher-density drives. Since the storage system will require maintenance, consider upgrading other parts of the system that are reaching capacity and that will require maintenance in the near future. You may have an opportunity to combine several projects into one maintenance window. Can the drives that are being replaced be redeployed to another application in the cloud as a best practice? Another best practice consideration is to select and then stick with a single or just a few storage vendors. This approach allows for increased interoperability and accountability and also reduces the number of tools and utilities that are required to run the SAN. One option would be to have a single storage vendor for Tier 1 storage and another for Tier 2, and so on.
Montgomery, T. (2016). CompTIA cloud study guide: Exam CV0-001. Indianapolis, IN: John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 978-1119243229
For this assignment, in a 3 page APA-formatted paper, address the communication properties, networking protocols, data storage formats, and other concrete technologies utilized by cloud services. Explain how information is stored and accessed in the cloud.