Descartes’ Discourse on the Method (Part IV)., Assignment 1: Essay Humanities Assignment Help. Descartes’ Discourse on the Method (Part IV)., Assignment 1: Essay Humanities Assignment Help.
Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment 1: Essay
Due Week 4 and worth 100 points
one (1) of the three (3) reading selections from the list of topic
choices below. The focus is on brief but important primary source
material written by major authors. Read the selections as identified
with each topic below. Write a three to four (3-4) paragraph essay (250
words minimum) which analyzes the “surprise ending” of the reading
- Reading selection from
Descartes’ Discourse on the Method (Part IV). Descartes begins with a
proof of one basic conclusion and ends with a proof of something much
grander. Remember to focus on the surprise and point of realization, not
the details of the philosophical argument. Read Part IV of the
Discourse on the Method located at http://www.earlymoderntexts.com/assets/pdfs/descartes1637.pdf (then scroll down to Part 4, pp. 14-18). This is only four or five (4 or 5) pages of the larger work.
selection of Swift’s A Modest Proposal. It is essential to recognize
the genre of this work, as discussed in our class text, which you should
consult and cite. Swift promotes a radical solution, but subtle options
are mentioned. You are looking for surprise and a point of realization.
Read and focus on A Modest Proposal located at http://www.victorianweb.org/previctorian/swift/modest.html.
(2) reading selections from Voltaire’s Candide. Consider how these
readings start and end in terms of the action and the beliefs. You are
looking for surprise and a point of realization. These selections can be
found on pp. 840-841 in the textbook. In addition, consult the class
text at pp. 824-825.
For the reading selection you choose:
state in your own words the “surprise ending” in the reading you
selected. Clearly identify the point in the reading when you realized
that there were elements in the reading that surprised you. Not all of
the surprises come at the end.
- Evaluate how successful the
author was in convincing you to accept the validity of the “surprise
ending” that was different from what you expected.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA
Style format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
(Note: Students can find APA style materials located in the Additional
Resources section of their Student Center within their course shell for
- Include a cover page containing the title of the
assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title,
and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required assignment page length.
- Use the source(s)
identified above for the topic you choose, focusing on the main primary
source of that author. You may use additional sources also if they are
of good academic quality for college papers (Wikipedia and similar
websites do not qualify). Use proper APA style in-text citing and also a
matching APA style References list at the end.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain how key social, cultural, and artistic contributions contribute to historical changes.
- Explain the importance of situating a society’s cultural and artistic expressions within a historical context.
the influences of intellectual, religious, political, and
socio-economic forces on social, cultural, and artistic expressions.
- Identify major historical developments in world cultures from the Renaissance to the contemporary period.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in the study of world cultures.
- Write clearly and concisely about world cultures using proper writing mechanics.
for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization
of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following
rubric found here.
Descartes’ Discourse on the Method (Part IV)., Assignment 1: Essay Humanities Assignment Help[supanova_question]
William Galston of the University of Maryland and the Brookings Institution, american government 3 Humanities Assignment Help
DB 1*. William
Galston of the University of Maryland and the Brookings Institution
notes that some democracies, including Australia and Italy, require
citizens to vote or pay a fine. These countries have exceptionally high
turnout levels. “Our low turnout rate,” Galston says, “pushes American
politics toward increased polarization.”
you favor a law requiring Americans to vote or pay a fine if they fail
to do so? What are some other incentives that might encourage more
people to vote? If the United States had such a policy do you think, as
William Galston does, that it would significantly reduce the level of
party polarization? 150 words
1.How does our current party system impact elections? How can a minor party play a part in an election? 200 words
2.Explain the evolution of political parties from the Federalists and
Democratic-Republicans to the political parties that exist today. 200 words
3.There has been a great deal of controversy over the Affordable Care Act,
also known as ObamaCare. In your textbook, there are three methods
described that most Americans use to evaluate political developments
such as ObamaCare. Using those three methods, describe how someone could
come to the conclusion that he or she is against ObamaCare. 200 words
4.Do you feel that it is important that every person that is legally
allowed to vote does so? Why or why not? Do you feel that it is easy for
most people to go and vote? Why or why not? Describe some common trends
that keep people from voting. Describe other methods besides voting
that people can use to participate in the political process. Have you
every participated in any of these methods? If so, what did you do? 200 words
Create a column chart of the monthly sales based on product, computer science homework help Computer Science Assignment Help
Excel Assignment 2
This week you will continue to work with the scenario from last week (although don’t worry if you were not able to do the calculations within the spreadsheet). The owner thinks it will be easier to look at sales and profits if charts are used. The owner also wants to identify the products which were not creating as much revenue as the others.
- Use your spreadsheet from last week. If you did not calculate the profits in column E within the spreadsheet, fill in that column now in any way that you want (although no two numbers should be the same or widely different, like 1 and 100). The important thing is to have some numbers in that column for monthly profits.
- Look at the range of numbers you have for monthly sales of each product. These are the numbers in rows 3 to 5 and in columns B to D. Pick a number somewhere in the middle or slightly lower. For instance, if I have a range of numbers scattered between 10 and 100, I might choose the number 40. Using the conditional formatting feature, highlight in red the sales figures which are less than the number you chose (less than 40, for instance).
- Create a column chart of the monthly sales based on product.
- The months should display along with a legend of the three products.
- Give the chart a title of Monthly Sales.
- Give the y-axis a title of Sales in $.
- Create a pie chart of the monthly profit.
- Give the chart a title of Monthly Profit.
- See if you can get the legend to display the months. (Hint: You can select one column, hold the shift key down, and then select another column in order to select two different columns.)
- Create a line chart of monthly sales.
- Give the chart a title of Monthly Sales.
- Give the y-axis a title of Sales in $.
- The legend and months should display if columns and rows are properly selected.
The charts should look something like the ones below. The actual charts, of course, will depend on your spreadsheet numbers.
Save your spreadsheet with the filename LastNameWeek7 and upload it in the assignment area.
|Grading Criteria Assignments||Maximum Points|
|Use conditional formatting to highlight cells based on a rule||10|
|Create a bar graph from data||25|
|Title a graph or chart||5|
|Title the y-axis||5|
|Generate a graph with correct legend and months||5|
|Create a pie chart||25|
|Generate the pie chart with the correct legend||5|
|Create a line chart||20|
Prepare an absorption costing income statement for 2012, assignment help Business Finance Assignment Help
Prepare an absorption costing income statement for 2012
Polk Company builds custom fishing lures for sporting goods
stores. In its first year of operations, 2012, the company incurred the
Polk Company sells the fishing lures for $25. During 2012,
the company sold 80,000 lures and produced 95,000 lures.
What is the general purpose of this journal (give an overview)?, management homework help Business Finance Assignment Help
goal is to find a scholarly journal/periodical in your field that you might be
interested in. You will answer the
What is the general purpose of this journal
(give an overview)?
What is the frequency of publication (monthly,
quarterly, yearly, etc.)?
Who publishes the journal (scholarly society,
Who are the primary editors and what is their
How long has the journal been published? Still in publication?
What are some of the guidelines for article
submission /call for papers (format, length, percent accepted, peer/blind
reviews, average turnaround time, etc.)?
You probably will NOT be able to find all of the
information from the library periodicals page you are currently viewing. You will have to search for that specific journal
on the Internet to get to their official site. That journal website will definitely have most
of the information you’re looking for. You
may need to use Cabell’s to obtain the information about the percent accepted
and a couple of other items. To do that,
go to our library site, click Databases, by Alphabetical Listing, choose ‘C’,
click on Cabell’s Directories of Publishing Opportunities, and then search for
your journal there. However,
non-business majors may not be able to access their area.
will provide a one-page, double-spaced summary of the article. Create your own summary of what you read. This is great practice in a skill that many of
us struggle with.
Shipping basketball, management homework help Business Finance Assignment Help
You have been asked to identify the recommended transportation mode to move a full container of basketballs from the factory in Shenzhen, China to the buyer in St. Louis, MO. The basketballs are manufactured and packaged at the plant with 6 basketballs in the case. 700 cases of basketballs fit on the 40′ intermodal Container.
You’ve already received the quotes you requested from the physical network and have options within the operational network identified. Your next steps include:
- Complete the attached worksheet.
- Use the operational network shown to identify the strategic layer which has four options.
- Show the estimated shipment times and costs for each route.
- Select the best route from the strategic network layer.
- Make your recommendation in a 1-2 page memo to your manager, Mr. Smith.
- Summarize your findings of the three options and support why your selected route is best. Specifically identify the 2nd best route and why you recommend your route over it.
- Identify challenges of your recommendation that your manager should be aware of in terms of delivery while meeting the Seven Rs of Logistics.
- Include with the submission, both your memo and your completed worksheet. Cite any sources used with APA format.
Shipping basketball, management homework help Business Finance Assignment Help[supanova_question]
Impact of Market Competition Forces on Health and Medicare Care Outcomes, health and medicine help Health Medical Assignment Help
Option #2: Impact of Market Competition Forces on Health and Medicare Care Outcomes (Presentation)
Antitrust laws and managed care have had a significant influence on market competition in the healthcare industry, yet impediments to a more competitive healthcare market persist.
For this assignment, prepare an economic analysis brief that describes the role and impact of market competition force on healthcare outcomes in the United States or abroad to demonstrate an understanding of Module 6. Discuss and synthesize key elements from at least two recent scholarly articles (found in the CSU-Global Library) that address one of the following points:
- Determine the performance of the competitive market.
- Apply economic models, theories, or assumptions.
- Offer objective methods for attempting to predict future market behavior in response to events, trends, and cycles.
- Assess economic policy recommendations for healthcare stakeholders.
- Evaluate the economic health of the nation or state.
Your analysis should be thoughtful and thorough, well written, and should include:
- A minimum of 15 slides (not including the title and reference slides)
- Speaker’s notes containing 50-100 words per slide to elaborate on the visual/text content on the slide.
- Appropriate graphics, multi-media, and other visual elements to enhance the presentation delivery.
- A properly formatted reference slide that conforms to CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements. (Include Introduction and Conclusion).
Create a Communication Plan, computer science homework help Computer Science Assignment Help
Create a Communication Plan (including a Communication Matrix) for your case study as a Group. There are examples in the text and you can also research various templates.
As an element of the comprehensive project communication plan, the “project communication matrix” is a vital component and answers the questions ofwho, what, how, when, and how often among other questions. It serves as an excellent managing tool and ensures that important project information is distributed to the right people in the required form and at the necessary time(s).
Please note: think carefully about this assignment as it is VERY important in a project. In this assignment AND in the business world, take the necessary time to develop your project communication matrix (and the overall project communication plan) right. If you do this, you will help mitigate many of the communication issues that can easily derail a project.
Tim Legler requires an estimate of the cost of goods lost by fire on March 9, writing homework help Other Assignment Help
Could you assist me with this (1) accounting problem and a breakdown of how the problem is completed by 5pm today 7/17/16?
Tim Legler requires an estimate of the cost of goods
lost by fire on March 9. Merchandise on hand on January 1 was $38,110.
Purchases since January 1 were $92,740; freight-in, $4,400; purchase returns
and allowances, $2,300. Sales are made at 33 1/3% above cost and totaled
$131,400 to March 9. Goods costing $11,010 were left undamaged by the fire;
remaining goods were destroyed.
(a) Compute the cost
of goods destroyed.
Cost of goods destroyed
(b) Compute the cost of goods destroyed, assuming that the gross profit is
33 1/3% of sales. (Round ratios for computational purposes to 5 decimal places,
e.g. 78.72345% and final answer to 0 decimal places, e.g. 28,987.)
Cost of goods destroyed
adversary system, law homework help Business Finance Assignment Help
The “adversary system” is the fundamental concept behind American jurisprudence. It is assumed by our system that when you have 2 people on opposite sides who are trying to win, the party who has the truth on its side will ultimately prevail. Of course, as we all know, it doesn’t always work that way; but that’s our system.
Following are three scenarios in which the limits of the adversary system may be tested by attorneys advocating zealously for their clients. For each of the scenarios, write two-three paragraphs about the issue. Include the following in your discussion, for each scenario:
a) The applicable Model Rule(s) that have been violated, with a full explanation;
b) A suggestion about how the lawyer should have advocated for his/her client within the ethical rules.
1. Ally Attorney represents Tommy, who has been indicted on burglary charges. During the course of pre-trial discovery, Ally learns that Tommy’s alibi is a lie, and that Freddy, one of Tommy’s friends, is thinking about telling Peter Prosecutor. Ally knows that if Peter Prosecutor gets this information, her client’s conviction will be all but assured. She makes a visit to Freddy Friend and persuades him to keep the incriminating information to himself.
2. Larry Lawyer has just been retained by Charlie Crasher, who is being sued by Polly Pedestrian because of injuries she sustained when Charlie plowed her down in a crosswalk. Larry thinks that Polly’s attorney, Bob Bigfirm, is arrogant and pompous, and he doesn’t like Polly much either. Larry begins calling Bob every day and harasses him on the phone. But he doesn’t stop there; he also calls Polly, saying he knows she’s exaggerating her injuries and is just out to get his client.
3. George Greedy represents Councilman Carl Crook, who’s suing the Small Town Gazette for defamation after the Gazette published an unflattering article about Carl. George knows the article is probably true, but he thinks it would be a great idea to influence public opinion in Carl’s favor. He begins sending out hourly tweets about what a great guy Carl is, about all the good he’s done for his district and about how he’d never hurt a fly.