I’m trying to learn for my English class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
Answer the following questions thoroughly and thoughtfully in a post of no less than 200 words.
- Based on preliminary ideas and the interview with Jean Twenge, which rhetorical appeal does Twenge seem to rely on the most? Ethos, pathos, logos, or kairos.
- Why would that rhetorical appeal be an effective move to persuade her audience?
- In terms of context, what does the video, “Your Phone is Trying to Control Your Life” explain as a reason for an increase in phone usage in the last few years?
- How can you relate to the information from the video?
- Lastly, The National Institute of Health conducted a study of thousands of children over a decade (information can be found in the video “NIH Study Tracks Effects of Social Media”). If this study were referenced in an article, what would the rhetorical appeal(s) be?
- Why or why not would that be a convincing enough study to prove that social media plays a direct role in increased depression and suicide in teens?
- the link for the video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MA8q88nEEwM