Do teachers have the right to expect and demand Standard English from their students? Writing Assignment Help. Do teachers have the right to expect and demand Standard English from their students? Writing Assignment Help.
Theresa Roberts, a kindergarten teacher at Mokumanu Elementary School in Honolulu, had just finished welcom ing class and introducing herself. As she wrote her name and the school’s on the chalkboard, she felt a slight tug on the back of her skirt and heard a faint voice just above a whisper say, “Teacha, I like go pee.” Turning around, she saw the pleading face of Malia Kealoha what did you say?” Ms. Roberts responded disgustedly, In a slightly louder voice, Malia repeated herself, “I like go pee.” With classmates beginning to giggle, Ms. Roberts exclaimed, “You will go nowhere, young lady, until you ask me in proper English. Now say it properly.” “I no can,” pleaded Malia. “Then you can just stand there until you do,” With the students still giggling and Malia standing as ordered, Ms. Roberts proceeded with her lesson A few minutes later, the occasional giggle exploded into a chorus of laughter. As Ms. Roberts turned to Malia, the child was sobbing as she stood in the middle of a large puddle of urine on the classroom floor.
Do teachers have the right to expect and demand Standard English from their students? Writing Assignment Help[supanova_question]
Landlord-Tenant Law, homework help Business Finance Assignment Help
Worth 220 points
HINT: See Chapters 29 and 30 of the text to help understand some of the legal issues covered in this assignment.
Larry Landlord has recently renovated an apartment and has put it on the market to be rented for $800.00 a month. Larry Landlord has been in business for approximately five (5) years and has had both positive and negative experiences with tenants. Larry Landlord is hoping to find a good, long-term tenant for his apartment. Roger Renter saw Larry’s sign for the apartment for rent and thought the location and the apartment would be perfect. Roger met Larry to look at the apartment and Roger fell in love with it. All of the interior fixtures had been replaced and the unit had a nice large closet. Roger noticed that although newly painted, the exterior of the apartment did show a little bit of wear. Because of the condition of the exterior of the building, Roger asked Larry about any roof leaks. Larry stated that he had never had a leak and was not aware of any leaks.
Roger and Larry entered into a valid contract for the rental of the apartment. (Note: The issue of whether or not a contract exists is NOT part of this question. For purposes of this question assume the contract is valid and there are no issues with the contract.)
Roger Renter was very happy in his new location; the apartment was quiet and the neighbors were friendly. Larry Landlord was also very happy because Roger Renter was a model tenant. Roger Renter paid on time and was quiet and respectful to other tenants.
The part of the country where Roger rented was rainy in the summertime. Roger rented and moved into the apartment in October. In June, a tremendous rainstorm occurred and Roger’s roof began to leak. The leak was minor at first and Roger merely put a trash can under the leak and had no other issues that month. When handing over his monthly rent check, Roger told Larry about the small leak. Larry thanked Roger for letting him know about the leak and told Roger he would have it fixed.
The next month the rains came again and the leak grew larger in Roger’s apartment. Roger was not home at the time of the rain and therefore the leak damaged some of Roger’s furniture. Roger called Larry to let him know that there was a leak and asked when it might be fixed. Roger also stated that he thought Larry had fixed the roof. Larry curtly stated, “When it rains, sometimes it pours. When it pours, sometimes it leaks.” Roger did not like Larry’s tone or response and called back to ask when the roof might be fixed. Larry stated, “When I get to it.” The following day, Roger sent Larry a note about the roof leak and asked Larry to please address the issue.
The week before the rent was due, another rainstorm occurred and the leak was even larger. This time the leak damaged Roger’s clothing, furniture, and some precious items he had inherited from family members. Roger called Larry and asked Larry to fix roof immediately. Larry responded in a similar and condescending manner. Roger hung up the phone and threw his baseball bat against the wall, damaging the drywall and knocking out an electrical socket.
Since it was the rainy season, Roger knew it would rain again and therefore simply moved his items away from the leak and did nothing to help mitigate the damage from the leaking roof.
Larry came into the apartment to investigate the leak and found damage from not only the leak but also from the thrown baseball bat. Roger states that the baseball bat damage was a direct result of Larry’s inability to fix the leak based on his anger from Larry’s curt response.
Suppose you are a mediator. In five to seven (5-7) pages discuss the rights and responsibilities of the landlord and the tenant in which you:
- Explore the legal rights and responsibilities of the tenant and the landlord.
- Decide whether or not the landlord and / or the tenant had a legal duty to mitigate damages.
- Determine whether or not Larry has legal grounds to evict Roger. Explain why or why not.
- Describe whether or not Roger has a legal obligation to pay for the damage he caused and determine whether or not Larry would be liable for any direct damage.
- Support each response with facts presented in the scenario.
- Use proper legal terminology throughout your responses.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as quality academic resources.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.
Contemporary economic issues concepts of supply and demand, writing homework help Other Assignment Help
Explain concepts of supply and demand
Describe the concept of macroeconomic equilibrium
Discuss how aggregate demand and aggregate supply determine equilibrium price and output in the short-run and long-run.
Describe the concepts and measurement of Gross Domestic Product (GDP), unemployment, and inflation
Explain what is meant by “business cycles” and “economic growth and describe the factors that contribute to each.
Illustrate understanding of the multiplier concept, including how it is computed, its qualifications, and its limitations
Demonstrate understanding of the relevance and impact of macroeconomics and how it impacts politics, the workplace, and people.///
Weekly tasks or assignments (Individual or Group Projects) will be due by
Monday and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in
accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All
submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Deliverable Length: 800–900 words APA
The financial crisis of 2008 caused macroeconomists to rethink
monetary and fiscal policies. Economists, financial experts, and
government policy makers are victims of what former Fed chairman Alan
Greenspan called a “once in a century credit tsunami”.
Since then, there have been various legislative and policy strategies
considered and implemented to ‘fix’ the problems that allowed the
crisis. The true question is whether we are headed down the same path,
and if the ‘victims’ of the 2008 crisis have done anything to shift the
tide. Review this clip,
and review your own additional research, then share your thoughts on
what caused the financial crisis and whether the United States is going
in the right or wrong direction with its current policies. In explaining
your position, be sure to include cited research that supports your
consideration, recommendations for safeguards going forward, and what
role, if any, government should play.
Your discussion should include reflections on both monetary and
fiscal policies, clearly noting which caused/remedied the crisis. Make
sure you include the following concepts in your analysis:
- Interest rates
- The financial services industries (CDOs, CMOs, the stock market, credit flows, money markets, etc.)
- Tax rebates
- Government debt and deficit
ss 11 need help , writing homework help Writing Assignment Help
ss11 help asap
Aboriginal People In Canada Assignment
Watch two different videos on residential schools:
Video 1 – A New Future
Video 2 –For Survivors, the Hurt Comes Back Warning– this video contains content that may be disturbing for some viewers.
Use the “Did You Know?” links located next to the film clips for more information
Your assignment is to compare and contrast the two videos you watched.
Your written comparison must:
-provide a brief summary of the two videos – what is the message, and how is that message conveyed (what images/words/music are used to get the message across)
-contrast the messages of the two videos – how does the message of the first video contrast with the reality of Eva Cardinal’s experience?
-summarize your critical thinking around the videos
ss 11 Canadian Constitution Assignment, writing homework help Writing Assignment Help
Canadian Constitution Assignment
The Occupy movement, which started in New York as Occupy Wall Street and quickly spread all over the world, has resulted in clashes between protesters and police. In Canada, many major cities had their own Occupy protests, including Occupy Vancouver and Occupy Toronto. The protesters argued that, because of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, they had the right to assemble and even camp on city property. The municipal governments argued that they are trespassing. Your task is to determine which side of the argument you support.
Read these letters:
The Canadian Civil Liberties Association took up the fight to stay in the park on behalf of the Occupy movement. Here is what they say about why: CCLA Intervenes in Occupy Protest Hearing
What municipal government says: Letter from the City of Toronto to Occupy Toronto
Your job is to answer the following question in 2-3 well written paragraphs. Your command term is “evaluate” (Evaluate means to “use criteria or standards to make judgments about the strengths and weaknesses of a position on a particular issue”. In this case, you are evaluating whether the City or the Occupy movement are right)
Based on the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, do the Occupy movements have the right to occupy city property for the purpose of protesting?
Your answer will be marked based on the following criteria:
- Your answer is based on your interpretation of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- Your answer mentions the specific sections of the Charter that you considered to make your decision
- Your answer follows the command term “evaluate”
- Your answer is written using proper paragraph/essay formats
- Your answer is relatively free of spelling/grammatical errors
Developing a Policy to Address Poverty, writing homework help Writing Assignment Help
Based on your Reading in the text and your own research, respond to the following questions:
- Describe the process of policy development from the inception of an idea to the initial implementation of the policy, listing the individual steps along the way and the impact of various decision makers who may have a role in the development of the policy
- Discuss the impact of the concepts of funding, interpretation and implementation on the effectiveness of social policy.
- Next go to www.census.gov and find poverty data for both your county and state. Identify the number of people living in poverty, median household income, and children living in poverty. Be sure to provide a comparison between your county rate of poverty and state rate of poverty.
- From your Reading of Chapter 7, develop your own definition of poverty. Be sure to complete the exercise on page 292, developing your listing of essential and non essential items and responding to the four questions on page 293.
- Finally, discuss components of a successful policy to address your definition of poverty. Be specific in your response, both in terms of benefits to be provided, qualifications necessary to receive benefits and potential funding sources for your policy. Note: you may want to check back on www.cbpp.org or one of the legislative websites you have previously visited for updates being suggested or proposed to current poverty policies. Be sure to reference your sources.
Developing a Policy to Address Poverty, writing homework help Writing Assignment Help[supanova_question]
Decision Making with Managerial Accounting, business and finance homework help Business Finance Assignment Help
Due to varying business characteristics, the managerial accounting techniques applied in each business may differ. For example, a business in the start-up phase may rely heavily upon budgeting and capital investment techniques; whereas, a business in the mature/maintaining phase may rely heavily upon cost management and quality control. Ultimately, the techniques used by management should assist the business in achieving its short-term and long-term goals through effective decision-making.
For your Final Paper, you will analyze the role of managerial accounting in two parts. Part I will provide a general overview of managerial accounting. Part II will provide examples of how managerial accounting theories and principles are applied in the business world. You may find it helpful to reflect upon your own professional experiences for examples.
Part I (three to four double-spaced pages, excluding the title and reference pages)
Present the following:
- Define managerial accounting
- Describe the role of managerial accounting and the management accountant in a business or organization
- Describes ethical issues/concerns for the management accountant
- Describes at least three managerial accounting techniques available and their application within a business or organization
Part II (Four to six double-spaced pages, excluding the title and reference pages)
Select at least three of the five topics identified below:
- Cost Management Techniques
- Costing Methods
- Capital Investment Decision Techniques
- Quality Control
For each topic selected, present real world examples of the application of managerial accounting techniques within a business or organization. Examples may be gathered from your own professional experiences or from case studies obtained from credible sources (excluding textbook examples explored in previous weeks). Presentation of each example should include how a managerial accounting technique was applied in the business or organization’s decision-making model. Be sure to support your example with calculations when applicable.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
External sources for Axetem’s (4 paragraphs), business and finance homework help Business Finance Assignment Help
APA format paper
APA citations and reference
4 paragraph not including (counting) introduction and references
Reference – 2 or more
(Library) Following the Middle East branch meeting,
Axetem’s management made a decision to keep this operation inactive for
at least another year to further monitor and evaluate the country’s
political and economic situation. However, Axetem is now interested in
starting a new foreign operation. Brian Tobias, the CEO of Axetem, has
asked you to research two countries within the same global region and to
make a recommendation.
- What are some examples of external sources that you use in conducting business research on both countries?
at least four factors that will heavily influence your recommendation
to Mr. Tobias. Explain why these factors are important.
- Which country appeals the most to you? Explain and defend your reasoning.
Use the Library and other available resources to conduct your research to complete this assignment.
Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein (1818) | Research for the novel, writing homework help Writing Assignment Help
I want a great Pro. writer to write a research about this novel “Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein (1818)”.
I want the research to be submitted by steps:
Today I want to know what topic are you going to write about.
on 21 Jun, outlines for the research.
and on 23 Jun, the research is due.
You can choose a topic from the topics below:
All topics are considered for Frankenstein:
- View/Treatment of Women
- Family Relationships
- The Sublime
- Science vs. Nature
- “Bounds of Knowledge”
- Duty: Creator to Creation/ Parent to Child
- Responsibility to Self vs. Responsibility to Humanity
- Appearance vs. Reality
- Symbols/Images: Lightning/Ice/Tree/Worms
Im going to attach the instructions of the research when I accept your bid.
Bringing a new Pharmaceutical to Market (3 pages), business and finance homework help Business Finance Assignment Help
Bringing a new Pharmaceutical to Market
Write a 3+ page, double-spaced essay: Bringing Pharmaceuticals to Market.
- What does it take to bring a new medication to the market?
- Should pharmaceutical companies have patents on their drugs? Why or why not?
- How can pharmaceutical companies recoup the costs associated with failed drugs?
Explain examples of successful and unsuccessful pharmaceutical medications.
- What happened with the unsuccessful ones?
Why were the successful ones successful?
Write in APA format with complete paragraphs (4-8 sentences each).
- Include an introduction, body and conclusion.
- Cite consistently throughout your work in APA format.
- Paraphrase rather than directly quote citations.
- Write in third person. Include a title and reference page