HIST 1112 Albany State University Ancient Cities Development Questions Humanities Assignment Help. HIST 1112 Albany State University Ancient Cities Development Questions Humanities Assignment Help.
Multiple Choice (2 points each):
1. Which nineteenth-century city was most associated with industrialization and the rise of the factory system? A) New Orleans B) Manchester C) Cape Town D) Havana
2. Which was NOT a major ethnic-political group in nineteenth-century India? A) Marathas B) Sikh C) Cantonese D) Sind
3. A civil war in China waged between 1850 and 1864, this was the bloodiest conflict of the nineteenth century. A) Taiping Rebellion B) Shogun Revolt C) Mamluke War D) Samurai Wars
4. Period of rapid industrialization and modernization in Japan. A) Manifest Destiny B) Meiji Restoration C) Raj D) Russo-Japanese War
5. Discrimination against Jews, and a type of late nineteenth century racial theory that was highly popular in Europe and America. A) Anti-Semitism B) Zionism C) Social Darwinism D) White Man’s Burden
6. The social movement and political response to the costs of industrialization and urbanization in the late nineteenth and early twentieth century United States. A) Socialism B) Bolshevism C) Suffrage D) Progressivism
7. The type of territorial acquisition and economic hegemony over other nations practiced by European powers between roughly 1870 and 1914. A) Apartheid B) New Imperialism C) Monopoly D) Colonization
8. Period of rapid industrialization and modernization in Japan. A) Manifest Destiny B) Meiji Restoration C) Raj D) Russo-Japanese War
9. An engineering marvel, this was Great Britain’s “lifeline” to its empire in India and the East Asia. A) Belgian Congo B) South Africa C) Gibraltar D) Suez Canal
10. Anti-imperialist uprising in China in 1900. A) Boxer Rebellion B) Taiping Rebellion C) Anglo-Boer War D) pan movements
11. Strategy to avoid a two-front war that dominated German military thinking prior to WWI. A) Schlieffen Plan B) Entente Cordial C) Plan-Slavism D) U-boat
12. Who was NOT a member of the Allied “Big Four” during World War I? A) Georges Clemenceau B) Woodrow Wilson C) Winston Churchill D) Vittorio Orlando
13. Which was NOT a belief associated with fascism? A) Anti-Semitism B) Marxism C) Anti-democracy D) Militarism
14. Adolf Hitler’s vision of “living space” for the German people. A) Volk B) Anschluss C) Lebensraum D) Kristallnacht
15. Adolf Hitler’s vision of a political union between Germany and Austria. A) Volk B) Anschluss C) Lebensraum D) Kristallnacht
16. Which was NOT a policy feature of the New Deal? A) Appeasement B) Civilian Conservation Corps C) Social Security D) Agricultural Adjustment Act
17. The largest battle of WWII and the turning point of the war between Germany and the Soviet Union. A) Dunkirk B) D-Day C) Battle of Britain D) Stalingrad
18. Which was NOT an example of total war? A) Firebombing B) the Holocaust C) Collaboration D) the Atom Bomb
19. Who was NOT a member of the “Big Three” Allied leaders during WWII? A) FDR B) Winston Churchill C) Francisco Franco D) Joseph Stalin
20. Who was NOT one of Cuban revolutionaries of the 1956-59? A) Fulgencio Batista B) Fidel Castro C) Che Guevara D) Raul Castro
21. Communist leader of Vietnam during the 1950s and 60s. A) Mao Zedong B) Chiang Kai-Shek C) Deng Xiaoping D) Ho Chi Minh
22. Which was NOT one of the federal republics that comprised Yugoslavia? A) Macedonia B) Slovenia C) Croatia D) Serbia
23.Reforms to the Soviet political and judicial system made in the 1980s that ensured greater freedoms for the public and the press and increased government transparency. A) glasnost B) perestroika C) sovereignty D) goulash communism
24. Anti-apartheid revolutionary who served as president of South Africa from 1994 to 1999. A) Robert Mugabe B) Anwar Sadat C) Joseph-Désiré Mobutu D) Nelson Mandela
25. Which is NOT a BRICS country? A) South Africa B) France C) Russia D) Brazil
Matching (1 point each):
26. Adolf Hitler’s autobiographical manifesto, written while he was in prison _________________
27. Bolshevik leader during the Russian Revolution ______________________
28. Critic of industrial capitalism and author of the Communist Manifesto whose writings inspired a host of 20th-century revolutions _________________________
29. German for “lightening war,” this tactic typified the Nazi war machine from 1939 through 1941 ___________________________
30. Anti-colonial leader of Indian independence ___________________
31. This problematic agreement ended World War I ______________________________
32. Fascist leader of Italy during the 1920s and 30s _____________________
33. Heir to the Austro-Hungarian throne whose assassination sparked WWI _____________________
34. Leader of the Communists during the Chinese Civil War __________________
35. Leader of Spain’s fascists during the Spanish Civil War ______________________
36. U.S. president and author of the Fourteen Points ___________________________
37. Codename for the German invasion of the Soviet Union in June 1941 ___________________
38. German-Russian treaty between in 1917 that ended Russia’s participation in WWI ________________________
39. Political, economic, and military contest between the United States and the Soviet Union that defined the second half of the 20-th century ______________________
40. Belgian monarch who committed atrocities as colonial ruler of the Congo _________________
41. Josef Stalin’s political and ideological rival for Soviet leadership in 1924 ____________________
42. Major battle between France and Germany during World War I ___________________
43. Guerilla conflict between the British and Afrikaners in South Africa ________________
44. Leader of the Chinese Nationalists during the Chinese Civil War __________________
45. Wartime meeting between the in the Crimea during which FDR proposed the creation of a postwar “United Nations.”
ID Term Bank: Mohandas Gandhi, Yalta, Blitzkrieg, Mao Zedong, Verdun, Treat of Versailles, Karl Marx, Leon Trotsky, King Leopold II, Chiang Kai-shek, Brest-Litovsk, Archduke Franz Ferdinand, Woodrow Wilson, V. I. Lenin, Mein Kampf, Francisco Franco, Barbarossa, Boer War, Benito Mussolini, Cold War
Essay (30 points):
How was World War I fought? What was the relationship between the battlefield and the weaponry? How was World War I the first modern war (list specific concepts and technologies)
HIST 1112 Albany State University Ancient Cities Development Questions Humanities Assignment Help[supanova_question]
Bloody Ice Analysis MLA Outline Paper Humanities Assignment Help
The outline must be detailed enough to include Roman numerals, Capital letters, and Arabic numerals (1., 2., 3…). You may go into further detail if you like.
Errors I will look for include:
–not breaking categories into at least two parts
–not indenting properly
–not lining up like terms (Capital letters under capital letters, numbers under numbers, et cetera)
–general spelling/grammar errors
This assignment GREATLY depends on your ability to format a page and get that page to me in good shape. Producing a PDF document may be your best bet. Double-check before you post your assignment.
I attached the analysis paper bloody ice this is the one I would like for you to a m4a outline for. I also attached a paper on what the professor wants it to look like. Thanks.
CU Practical Experience as a Software Engineer in a Financial Institution Discussion Computer Science Assignment Help
Subject : Physical Security. I am currently working as a Software Engineer in Financial Institution
Provide a reflection of at least 500 words (or 2 pages double-spaced) of how the knowledge, skills, or theories of this course have been applied or could be applied, in a practical manner to your current work environment. If you are not currently working, share times when you have or could observe these theories, and knowledge could be applied to an employment opportunity in your field of study.
Provide a 2 page double spaced minimum reflection (i.e. no less than 2 full pages of content). This does not include the required APA Cover Page and reference page.
Use of proper APA formatting and citations. If supporting evidence from outside resources is used those must be properly cited.
Share a personal connection that identifies specific knowledge and theories from this course.
Demonstrate a connection to your current work environment. If you are not employed, demonstrate a connection to your desired work environment.
You should NOT provide an overview of the assignments assigned in the course. The assignment asks that you reflect on how the knowledge and skills obtained through meeting course objectives were applied or could be applied in the workplace.
TCC Healthcare for People Experiencing Homelessness in United States Research Paper Health Medical Assignment Help
Write a paper exploring the planning, implementation, and evaluation that goes into the program on housing and homelessness as it involves a great amount of planning and needs assessment to get started on such a project.
The paper will describe the Program planning and policies process including
the benefits of incorporating components of various approaches to conducting a needs
assessment, selecting the appropriate statistics for analysis of data and the target
audience for the program
Your paper must:
- be 8–10 ten pages in length
- be double-spaced
- use 1-inch margins left, right, top, and bottom
- use 12 point font
The cover sheet, table of contents, index, pictures, long quotations, or multiple
quotations will count toward the 8–10 pages. APA format is required.
ACC 205 Brandman University Identify the Inventory Method Discussion Business Finance Assignment Help
You can find the inventory methods used by companies whose stock is publicly traded by reading the Summary of Significant Accounting Policies contained in each company’s Form 10-K. The Form 10-K is the annual report to the Securities and Exchange Commission or SEC.
The Summary of Significant Accounting Policies will appear as the first or second item in the Notes to the Financial Statements.
Most publicly traded corporations will have an Investors Relations link at the bottom of their website’s home page. On the Investors Relations page, you will find a link to the corporation’s SEC filings.
- Do an internet search and identify a company whose financial information you will be discussing. Everyone needs to choose a different company. (Post the url where this financial information can be found).
- Identify the inventory method used.
- Why might the company utilize this inventory method?
- How does this method impact the ‘reported net income’?
- Would you suggest another inventory method to the company that might be more effective in producing a different net income? Why or why not?
Then comment on at least two posts from your peers within the Discussion Thread. Due by Sunday night at 11:55pm.
[Remember to include at least one scholarly source in your post or comments. Source must be cited in-text and full reference listed at the end of the post, both in APA format]
American Public University Major Markets that Exist in All Foreign Markets Discussion Business Finance Assignment Help
|This assignment will be submitted to Turnitin®.|
Companies collect a wide variety of information about their foreign markets to decide in which countries to conduct business and which market segments in these markets they should target. What are the three major markets that exist in all foreign markets? Describe the markets and provide examples of each.
Write a paper of 2-3 pages, typewritten in double-spaced format (Arial 12-point font or Times New Roman styles), page margins Top, Bottom, Left Side and Right Side = 1 inch, with reasonable accommodation being made for special situations and online submission variances.
In your response, make certain that you include at least two outside references from search engines or scholarly sources from the APUS Online Library.
Your paper will be automatically submitted to Turnitin in the assignment dropbox. Originality reports will be returned to the faculty and student. Multiple submissions are allowed. For full credit, make sure that your Similarity Index does not exceed 20%.
American Public University Major Markets that Exist in All Foreign Markets Discussion Business Finance Assignment Help[supanova_question]
Colorado State University GC Selecting a Cloud Based Vendor in the US Research Computer Science Assignment Help
Critical Thinking Assignment (70 Points)
Selecting a Cloud-Based Vendor in the U.S.
Selecting a Cloud-Based Vendor in the U.S.
For this assignment, complete a summary that addresses the following scenarios based on your readings this week:
Many users do not yet feel comfortable storing data within the cloud. Discuss some steps you can take to reduce their concerns.
Assume that you must select a cloud-based data storage solution for your company. List the factors you would consider when selecting a U.S.-based vendor.
Your assignment should be clear and well-written, concise, and logical, using excellent grammar and style techniques. You are being graded in part on the quality of your writing. If you need assistance with your writing style, start with Tools for Effective Writing at the CSU Global Library, accessible from the Library’s homepage. You may also want to consider utilizing the Writing Center 24/7 tutoring. Please keep in mind that there are times where it can take 24-48 hours to receive a response, so plan ahead for your assignment.
The length and formatting requirements include:
3-4 pages in length, not including cover and reference pages. Written assignments must have a cover page, section headers, an introduction, a conclusion, and a reference page.
Formatted according to the CSU Global Writing Center (Links to an external site.) .
Cite a minimum of three sources—two of which should be academic peer-reviewed scholarly sources—to support your positions, claims, and observations, in addition to your textbook. The CSU Global library is a great place to find these resources.
Module 3: Portfolio Milestone
Submitting a file upload
Portfolio Milestone (80 Points)
Identifying a Major Breach in a Virtualized Environment Outline
Identify a major breach of a virtualized environment that has occurred in the recent past (within the last five years). For your Portfolio Project Assignment, you will write a critical evaluation of your chosen breach, and review and analyze the breach along the following dimensions:
What went wrong?
Why did it occur?
Who was responsible?
How could it have been prevented?
What advice would you offer to prevent such a breach from occurring in the future?
For the purpose of this assignment you will write the outline for the Portfolio Project. Your outline should meet the following requirements:
Be approximately 1-2 pages in length, not including the cover page and reference page.
Follow the CSU Global Writing Center (Links to an external site.) . Your outline should include an introduction, a body, and a conclusion.
Cite a minimum of eight to 10 related sources—five of which should be academic peer-reviewed scholarly sources—to support your positions, claims, and observations, in addition to your textbook. The CSU Global Library (Links to an external site.) is a great place to find resources.
Be clear and well-written, concise, and logical, using excellent grammar and style techniques. You are being graded in part on the quality of your writing. If you need assistance with your writing style, start with Tools for Effective Writing at the CSU Global Library (Links to an external site.) , accessible from the Library’s homepage.
HGMT 400 UMUC Health Care Access Research Discussion Health Medical Assignment Help
For this week exercise, we need to try a few logit models (see this link for more information: https://stats.idre.ucla.edu/r/dae/logit-regression/)
If you have chosen to work with Excel, please run above three models and complete the following tables.
Model 1: Run a regression model and use being a member of network and find out its impact on hospital cost? (Model 1) Model 2: For the 2nd model run a regression model and use being a member of network and find out its impact on hospital cost and hospital revenue? (Model 2) Model 3: For the 3rd model run a regression model and use being a member of network and find out its impact on ratio-Medicare-discharge and ratio-Medicaid-discharge.
Based on your finding please recommend 3 policies and discuss the impact of being on a network on hospital cost, hospital revenue and out its impact on ratio-Medicare-discharge and ratio-Medicaid-discharge. Do you recommend keeping membership for a hospital? Why or why not?
If you have decided to use RStudio:
Run a logit model and use being a member of network and find out its impact on hospital ownership and hospital beds? (Model 1)
Now, include hospital income and report the Coeff.? (Model 2)
Now, include the ratio of ratio-Medicare-discharge and ratio-Medicaid-discharge in your model? And keep all variables you used for models 1, 2 & 3 and discuss your findings? Do you recommend keeping membership for a hospital? Why or why not? (Model 3)
Based on your finding please recommend 3 policies to improve hospital performance in FP, NFP hospitals, please make sure to use the final model for your recommendation.
Download data: The data is the same data you have used for previous exercises
Questions: All exercises questions
CUNY Lehman College These Truth Book by Jill Lepore Early American History Discussion Writing Assignment Help
For the final paper you will write a 6-8 page paper on a topic of your choice in early American history (1492-1877). I require you to send me a proposal one week before the paper is due. The proposal needs to include your thesis and a scholarly source that you’ve found (local libraries are wonderful resources as is our Resnick Library website). The paper must be 12 pt Times New Roman font with 1 inch margins and double spaced. I also require you to use at least one scholarly source. I HAVE ADDED SOME SUGGESTED PAPER TOPICS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS DOCUMENT. THEY ARE ONLY SUGGESTIONS, YOU CAN WRITE ABOUT ANYTHING YOU WANT WITHIN THE ABOVE PARAMETERS. I will grade the paper according to the following weight and rubric:
SUGGESTED PAPER TOPICS (questions or prompts to craft your thesis) :
1.Write a detailed book review of Jill Lepore’s These Truths: A History of the United States. In this review make sure to analyze her overarching thesis and discuss, in sufficient depth, the specific details she uses to construct that thesis.
2.What do you think was an important turning point in the development of federal government power in the United States?
3.Why did slavery persist as long as it did?
4.What do you think was the most effective way to resist slavery?
5.There has been a growing movement over the past few years to remove Confederate monuments from public spaces. Look at one specific, controversial monument and argue for or against the monument’s removal based on the history and meta-history surrounding it.
6.It is common to talk about polarization in our politics and societies today. Use an example of polarization we’ve covered in this class to draw out a relevant lesson to a similar issue today.
7.Reparations for slavery have been occasionally discussed in the American public sphere. Use specific examples from history we’ve covered in this class as you develop a brief argument for or against monetary reparations for slavery. In constructing this paper you can, of course, use more modern history, but your paper will need to be solidly grounded in the period before 1877.
1)Thesis/Argument: 20 pts
You must provide a clear argument that addresses an issue within the historiography that is narrow enough for you to fully develop in only 4-6 pages.
2)Structure/Organization: 20 pts
Your thesis must be well supported by properly structured paragraphs that appropriately transition from one idea to the next.
3)Evidence/Sources: 20 pts
Your evidence must be factual and drawn from properly cited scholarly sources.
4)Logic: 10 pts
You must present your evidence in a persuasive manner avoiding logical fallacies.
5)Grammar: 10 pts
A well edited paper shows well-formed thought.
6)Style: 10 pts
Avoid colloquialisms, excessive wordiness, the passive voice, unnecessary nominalizations and awkward sentence structures.
7)Conclusion/Relevance: 10 pts
Provide a concise explanation of the contribution your paper made and why your reader should be satisfied to have read it.
FIN 101 King Saud University Target Capital Structure Discussion Business Finance Assignment Help
- The Assignment must be submitted only in WORD format
- Students are advised to make their work transparent and well presented. This also includes filling in your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answers.
- Late submitted assignments will NOT be entertained.
- Avoid plagiarism. The work should be in your own words; copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).