Identify another news article (NOT Wikipedia or random Google Results) that describes some piece of American history that would be of interest and relevant to your avatar. (6-8 sentences) Humanities Assignment Help. Identify another news article (NOT Wikipedia or random Google Results) that describes some piece of American history that would be of interest and relevant to your avatar. (6-8 sentences) Humanities Assignment Help.
Avatar 8 (2 points)
Identify another news article (NOT Wikipedia or random Google Results) that describes some piece of American history that would be of interest and relevant to your avatar. (6-8 sentences)
- Using reliable American news sources, select a news article that you think would be of importance and significance to your avatar based on the article looking at some part of America’s past or piece of American history (the 1990s or earlier).
- Link to the article and write a paragraph explaining why the topic is of importance to him/her and why they would specifically be interested in the article you selected on that topic/history. Be sure to think about the article’s tone, focus, and point of view as you select your article—why would it specifically “speak” to your avatar?
- Additionally, provide a full APA citation for the article at the end of this paragraph.
***** use the avatars description to do the writing. You’ll find the description attached in files.
Identify another news article (NOT Wikipedia or random Google Results) that describes some piece of American history that would be of interest and relevant to your avatar. (6-8 sentences) Humanities Assignment Help[supanova_question]
Chapter Reading Reflection writing Writing Assignment Help
Should be a minimum of two full pages of prose (for each chapter and total 6 pages), double-spaced, in proper APA formatting using citations when appropriate. Plagiarism content should not be more than 10%
Each Chapter Reading Reflection should address the following prompts:
- Summarize the content of the chapter addressed.
- What were some of the highlights in this chapter and learning opportunities?
- Share some new ideas and/or thoughts that you developed from the reading of the chapter.
- How do you think you can apply this chapter’s concepts into work environment?
- Chapter 4:Working With Data
- Chapter 5:Establishing Your Editorial Thinking
- Chapter 6:Data Representation
Prepare arguments to support each of these opinions: The adaptive theory of sleep is the best theory to explain why we sleep The restorative theory of sleep is the best theory to explain why we sleep Writing Assignment Help
Prepare arguments to support each of these opinions, argue BOTH sides of the issue.:(1)The adaptive theory of sleep is the best theory to explain why we sleep,(2)The restorative theory of sleep is the best theory to explain why we sleep.
1. The paper needs to be 4-5 pages, double-spaced, and typed in size 12 Times New Roman or Courier New. These 4-5 pages do not include your title page nor reference page. You must have a Title Page in APA format (see example below). You also have to have your in-text citations and references in APA format. You do not need an abstract.
2. You must have at least 3 references, however, 4-5 will strengthen your paper. Your text may count as a reference. Wikipedia is NOT acceptable as a reference. If a source does not have an author, nor a date, it is not an acceptable reference. PCC library is a good resource for references. Title page, reference page and citations MUST be in APA format. Remember, everything that is not your own opinion (or is not common knowledge) MUST have a cite.Cites are required for “quotes” AND summarized/paraphrased information.
3. Please only include those references for which you actually have cites in your paper for on your reference page. List your references alphabetically, by author’s last name, using a hanging indent and double-spacing. Do not separate your sources by type.
you need to develop a corporate social responsibility strategy for AB sugar company Business Finance Assignment Help
This assignment is made up of a report
You are expected to conduct an independent piece of research that considers different industries/organisations and management practices across different geographical locations by evaluating how corporate social responsibility practices have been undertaken and critically discuss alternative approaches and solutions.
Using key themes from this module, you need to develop a corporate social responsibility strategy for ONE of the companies from the following list:
1 – AB SUGAR. I have chosen this company as my targeted company
2 – ACCA
3 – AGROFAIR
4 – FRIESLAND CAMPINA
5 – IMPERIAL BRANDS
Write a report to be presented to the board of directors responsible for the company’s corporate social responsibility strategy. Your report should include an analysis of the proposed strategy taking into account the following issues:
- Explore corporate social responsibility in different organizational and national contexts focusing on the six core characteristics of CSR – relate them to the organisation of your choice from the case studies pack.
- Explore the variety of theoretical avenues and the diversity of theoretical concepts in CSR and relate them to the chosen organisation. You need to apply at least three models/theories within this section.
- Examine strategic approaches used currently by the chosen corporation in fulfilling their community responsibilities
4 Make recommendations identifying how a more sustainable CSR strategy can be developed for your chosen company. The suggestions should analyse the following aspects:
- How ecological responsibilities could be further enhanced in the chosen organisation’s corporate strategy
- How the chosen company might enhance social welfare by developing products for consumers or responding to demands from consumers for greater responsibility.
- How the chosen organisation might enhance their CSR strategy in regards to the recruitment and retention of employees.
- You need to ensure that the recommendations given are original and are proposed in accordance with your understanding of the selected case study.
5 – Conclusion
This assignment is designed to assess learning outcomes:
- Build a systemic framework including both internal and external factors to identify/examine their impact on a business’ social responsibility
- Understand various models of corporate social responsibility and apply to practical examples
- Critically evaluate business practices to articulate debates concerning social responsibilities and response to ethical dilemmas
- Critically review approaches for engaging stakeholders in social responsibility and sustainability programmes
ASSIGNMENT 7: Mid-Term Resposne Writing Assignment Help
Below are the guidelines to the mid-term response, in several sections.
1. SCREENINGS: Select several of the in-class screenings from Weeks 1-7 to discuss, positively or negatively; how did they impact or challenge your sense of the photographic? Re-asses your responses from the initial queries; how have the screenings (and the artifacts in section 2. below) impacted or reframed your assumptions and experiences of photographic, if at all?
How might they have made different or perhaps more constructive use of the photographic?
Are there artifacts (photo books, articles, links to websites, etc) from the modules that speak to the screening items you are discussing (beyond those I’ve posted for each screening session)?
How do your image assignments in the last month relate or speak to your screening selections, if applicable? Are there photo books, social media accounts, websites beyond those in the modules that open up a dialogue with your screening selections?
You are welcome to select screenshots from the discussed screenings to illustrate your observations.
2. ARTIFACTS: For each of first 7 weeks, select at least two artifacts from the relevant modules to briefly discuss/explore (at least 14); you can select from the general Modules (Weeks 1/2/3; Weeks 4/5/6/7) or the items (books & pdfs) in the Course Reserves (many pdfs are in the modules too) as well as the select pages under each screening week that offer additional links and references.
Why/What motivated your selection? If it has a connection to screenings you discussed, you can reiterate those connections here too.
3. CREATIVE PROJECT(s) Proposal(s): Briefly outline a creative project you may like to develop, in some scale, over the second half of the semester. This can be an image-based shoot or compilation/sequencing; a research project involving the photographic, e.g. particular exhibit, photographer, movement, photo book, archive; a development of one of earlier (or later) assignments; or, of course, an idea of your own creation. I’ll offer some suggestions to ponder over the weekend.
Finally, what has been useful, so far, in your experience of our course & topic? What, in the second half of the semester, would you like to see & explore? Are there any areas you would prefer to focus upon, perhaps themes/topics you feel we’ve neglected? And, in a general sense, do you find these screenings about the photographic a useful approach to further think about the (still) photograph, the photographer, and the concept & practice of image-taking/image-making?
In all, look for around 6-9 pages, though you are welcome to expand upon this.
Cost and Revenue/Net Income Estimation Submit Assignment Business Finance Assignment Help
Requirements: You need to calculate:
1) The cost (bottom-up approach)
Fixed cost by direct cost/indirect cost,
Fixed cost (mainly direct labor cost and direct the material cost that is used for your product/service delivery)
Indirect cost (mainly utilities, rental cost, and overhead cost)
2) Estimate your revenue (gross) based on your daily sales income
3) Get the net income by deducting the total cost
Years 2 & 3
4) For the second year and third year, you add the cost by 10-20 % increase and sales by 20-30% increase
You need to do a 3-year prediction, one year per column. Keep it concise using a table format.
The recorded tutorial:
This is a sample that I selected from the related HW sample folder. I picked it because this coffee store business is very easy for you to understand. You may apply the way how this project group did with their coffee shop project to your project. No matter what business (product or services) you will do, the method is the same.
Listen to my tutorial at this link (copy/paste the link to the browser to play it if the direct click doesn’t work):
Please take a look at the first, second, and third attachment for product details. And the last attachment is the sample of this assignment
Cost and Revenue/Net Income Estimation Submit Assignment Business Finance Assignment Help[supanova_question]
Assignment Computer Science Assignment Help
- Compute the order of the curve defined by y^2 = x^3 + 7*x + 25 over the finite field with 47 elements
- On the curve defined by y^2 + x*y = x^3 + x over GF(2^8) compute the inverse of the point (1,1)
- On the curve defined by y^2 + y = x^3 + x^2 + x + 1 over the finite field with 701 elements, find a generator and show its order.
- On the curve defined by y^2 = x^3 + 4187*x + 3814 over finite field of size 6421 compute the sum of the points (3711,373) and (4376,2463).
- On the elliptic curve defined by y^2 = x^3 + 3361*x + 6370 over finite field of size 8461 compute 1001 times the point (1735, 3464).
- On the elliptic curve defined by y^2 = x^3 + 1800*x + 1357 over finite field of size 8191, let P1 = (1794, 1318) and P2 = (3514, 409), compute the sum of 13 times P1 plus 28 times P2.
Memorandum 2 Business Memorandum Pre-Writing Writing Assignment Help
General Education Assignment 2 (#GEA 2)
2.1 Business Memorandum Pre-Writing
Assignment Due: March 23 by 11:59 PM
This document must be uploaded to this assignment AND to the peer review assignment 2.2 on the due date.
No late assignments will be accepted.
Note: This assignment is set up with a Grammar and Spelling Check. After completing this assignment, this is an additional tool for you to use before handing in the final memorandum. If you do not recognize what the problem is you can click on the indicator and look at a guide to help you understand the identified grammar issue. If there are significant problems identified on your final memorandum you will lose points for not having completed adequate grammar and spelling checks.
You can complete this assignment after reading Chapters 3 and 4 in your textbook and Writing Assignment 2 reading. The problem involves selecting a major vendor through comparative analysis.
This assignment is the first of four steps in completing the business memorandum. This assignment will require you to:
- Solve a statistics problem – you will solve the statistics problem and include it in this assignment (in the appendix.) – You will use the calculations you complete to inform the recommendation you make for this problem.
- Answer the problem questions included in the assignment template -through doing this you will articulate an understanding of the problem and what you are being asked to do with that problem, the value of the statistical calculation to addressing the problem, and who the audience you are asked to address is and how their role and status will influence what and how you write your memorandum.
- Complete a draft of the memorandum – through doing this you will demonstrate an ability to understand and explain a statistical problem
- Using language appropriate to the professional status and background of the audience you are addressing.
- Presenting a detailed analysis for this audience to understand what you have done and have confidence in your recommendation.
- Present the memorandum such that elements flow (Links to an external site.) in a clear professional way.
To complete this assignment you will use:
- – open this template and complete the assignment in it
- – this will provide guidance on the content of the memorandum
- The problem description below – this is the statistical problem you will address.
You may also reference theto see what the completed assignment will look like.
What will you be graded on?
This assignment will be graded on completeness ONLY. However, it is the document on which you will get feedback from your classmates, so you should produce your best work, in order to get the best possible feedback. Be sure to look at the assignment rubric to assure that you have completed the required elements prior to turning in the assignment.
In this section, you will find a description of the problem, requested recommendation and audience for the final memorandum for this assignment. This problem will require you to write clearly about a particular part of a car. If you are not familiar with the workings of a car engine a simple google search for videos about the particular component of the motor you will be writing about will allow you to write about it accurately.
You are a line manager in Super Car Part’s Eversville manufacturing facility. The company produces automotive parts, and you have responsibility for the line producing steel shafts for the gearbox manufactured in the Eversville Plant. The acceptable dimension of the shaft is 2.5±0.05 inches in diameter with the most desirable product having a diameter of exactly 2.5 inches. The current equipment is approaching the end of its useful life and needs to be replaced. Two vendors are trying to sell your company, Super Car Parts Incorporated, their machines for the shaft-machining task. You have been asked to assess the machines from each vendor, and to make a recommendation for a machine vendor supported by a justification for your decision.
You asked both vendors to supply data on the machining accuracy of their machines for the given task. Both vendors machined 100 shafts, collected data, plotted histograms, fitted the histograms with normal distributions and supplied you with their findings.
Let X= diameter in inches of the gearbox shaft
Aballo Machines Inc.: X has a normal distribution with a mean of 2.49 and a standard deviation of 0.030
Lu Equipment Corp.: X has a normal distribution with a mean of 2.53 and a standard deviation of 0.015
Audience: You are creating this document for the company’s Chief Operating Officer (Links to an external site.), Lenore Georges, and copying the Chief Financial Officer, (Links to an external site.) Anahita Kourosh. Documents involved in major financial decisions like this may also be distributed by the addressees to other executives and the corporate board members.
Tone: The Audience for this document requires that the style is precise and professional.
- Utilize plain language when describing your analysis, as you cannot assume all readers will be statistically literate. However, there are also some who will understand statistics and will want to understand the statistical logic that you used to determine your recommendation.
- Start the document with a summary that readers can read to understand the essential elements of the document – the context of the issue, what is being examined and how, and the recommendation you will make.
- Develop the document around a direct, coherent message (thesis), and clear evidence to support it.
- Do not use contractions, slang or colloquialisms (Links to an external site.), clichés (Links to an external site.), abbreviations, or text message shortcuts.
GEA 2.1 Pre-Writing 2020 S
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeProblem Definition – problem descriptionTo receive points for this section the student must describe the problem they are being asked to address in plain language.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeProblem Definition – answer required is describedTo receive points for this section the student must describe the answer they are being asked to provide in plain language.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeProblem Definition – statistical approach is describedTo receive points for this section the student must describe the statistical approach they will use to address the problem and why this approach provides insight into addressing the problem in plain language.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeProblem Definition – addressee is identifiedTo receive points for this section the student must provide the name and title for the person they must address the memorandum to.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeProblem Definition – addressee need is identifiedTo receive points for this section the student must what this person they must address the memorandum to will need to know (based on the responsibilities of their job).
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeMemorandum HeaderThe memorandum header content is complete
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeSummaryTo receive point for this section the student must include all the required elements a summary
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAnalysisTo receive points for this section the student must include an analysis
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAdditional ConsiderationsTo receive points for this section the student must include additional considerations
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeConclusionTo receive points for this section the student must include a conclusion
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAppendixTo receive points for this section the student must include an appendix with calculations
Total Points: 5.0
3 paragraph paper on this term Science Assignment Help
- Read chapters 5 and 6 of the textbook which is attached.
- Write a three paragraph paper in which you will:
- Define the term thoroughly, in your own words.
- Explain the importance of the term using evidence.
- Discuss how the term affects living things and the physical world.
- Suggest two specific actions that can be taken to promote environmental sustainability in relation to the term.
- Explain exactly how those actions will aid in safeguarding our environment in relation to your chosen term.
- Provide detailed examples to support your ideas.
The term I have selected is “treatment wetlands”.
Additionally, you must use two credible scholarly sources in addition to the textbook.
*cited information must be summarized or paraphrased, the instructor does not accept direct quotes.
Huuman Disease and Drug Pharmacology Humanities Assignment Help
HCAS143 Human Disease and Drug Pharmacology
Language of Caring
Building a sustainable career in the 21st century workforce, regardless of position or field, requires adults to develop a broad set of knowledge, skills, and competencies. This includes academic, technical and professional knowledge as well as the ability to deal with challenges, cultivate relations and navigate social systems in the world of work. These essential abilities include: thinking abilities, relational learning, information literacy, communication, quantitative reasoning, and career management within a global society. These abilities are interwoven to the Bryant & Stratton College experience and are known as Institutional Outcomes.
The following activity features essential interpersonal and communication skills required in healthcare, and the impact shared information has on patient understanding and safety.
This activity relates to the following outcomes:
- Course Outcome
- Summarize the importance of consumer safety and drug regulations on prescription medications.
- Institutional Outcome
- Community & Career – Participate in social, academic and professional communities for individual growth and to function as a citizen of a multicultural world.
Wendy Leebov, Ed. D., Partner & Founder of the Language of Caring, has spent decades helping healthcare organizations create exceptional experiences for patients and their families.
As an internationally-renowned authority, Leebov and her team created the Language of Caring for Staff® approach which addressed Wendy’s most compelling research finding: In the face of job complexity, stress, and pressure, most employees and physicians communicate primarily in a task-oriented way. Her observations revealed scant behavioral evidence that they care about their patients as individuals. Wendy concluded, while we consider it a given that healthcare employees by nature are very caring people, unless they communicate their caring, the people they serve don’t feel it.
The program is designed for all employees, not only direct caregivers. It helps people develop the skills for personalized, two-way communication—skills for responding effectively when the patient or family has questions, concerns, anxieties and fears that require effective, spontaneous, think-on-your-feet communication — communication that you cannot script.
View the following presentation which explains the Heart-Head-Heart communication model, central to the Language of Caring approach here:
Caring and communicating caring are two different things. As mentioned in the preceding video, people in healthcare are caring people who intend to be caring in their work. Yet these days, job demands and pressures cause people to be so task-oriented that they don’t make their caring felt. When employees don’t express their caring, when they don’t make their caring visible, it’s as good as absent from the experience of patients and families.
As health care providers, we must make the conscious decision to act in specific ways that demonstrate our caring to patients and their families every day.
Following is a scenario depicting a very typical visit to a medical provider. Watch carefully and observe the interactions between patient and clinician. Be prepared to answer the questions below so you can complete the activity that follows.
How might the patient view the encounter…do you think she felt rushed or was the service efficient?
Identify the phrases or actions that suggested to the patient that the physician was indifferent about their interactions.
How well did the physician employ the Heart-Head-Heart model?
Identify the message or actions that suggest sincere empathy on the part of the physician toward the patient.
Was there anything that the physician did that would have annoyed you?
Communication Role Play –
“Yesterday I had a most unimpressive doctor visit that left me feeling somewhat unsatisfied. I have had bicep tendonitis for the last two months. This is an extremely uncomfortable condition that constantly reminds me how much movement and involvement the shoulder has in every-day activities!
I am spoiled by the compassion and focus my primary physician Dr. J. provides to me. The doctor spends more time to help patients with their health not just their diseases. During my recent annual exam, I discussed my shoulder condition and informed Dr. J. that I was seeing a massage therapist and physical therapist every week.The doctor agreed with the physical therapist’s course of treatment.Although I am gaining increased range of motion, the pain seems to be getting worse. So, I called for an appointment and was unable to see Dr. J, but I was able to see Dr. X at the practice.
Scenario starts with the introduction, physician standing over patient in a chair.
•Doctor: “Hi, I am Dr. X, what brings you in today?”
•Patient: “Hi, nice to meet you. I’m here because my shoulder tendonitis is becoming more painful.”
•Doctor: “Now, when you say ‘shoulder tendonitis’ did you use Google for a self-diagnosis or has a physician defined this condition? (Physician is leaning back against the wall, arms crossed, glancing down at the patient with a questionable look).
•Patient: “Dr. J. and I spoke about it when I was in for an appointment a couple of weeks back. I am also working with a physical therapist as well as having massages for the compensating muscle tightness.”
•Doctor: “Are you seeing our physical therapist here, or someone else?”
•Patient: “I am going to Momentum Physical Therapy and seeing Mike. He is amazing. He originally ran me through a series of diagnostic tests to rule out a rotator cuff tear and determined that it was likely a bursitis that turned into tendonitis. He has treated me with dry needling, ultra-sound, passive range of motion within an exercise program. I’ve seen him four times and had three massages.”
•Doctor: “Oh, well that is good. The exercises are important to maintain and will rebuild strength. However, most patients don’t really do them. (Dr. looks at patient with a look of serious doubt). What has worked for you to alleviate the pain thus far?”
•Patient: “Well, I do think the exercises really help, as it feels better when it’s warmed up and been moved around. I have been taking over-the-counter Ibuprofen and the prescribed Naproxen.The medications were working well for the pain, but I started getting headaches, upset stomach and bloody-noses so I stopped taking the ibuprofen and increased the Naproxen.
•Doctor: Looking at the patient with a puzzled look… “How many milligrams of each were you taking in a day? And did you take the medication with food?
Patient:Maybe 400 milligrams of each, after I eat, three times a day.
Doctor: How often were the bloody noses?
Patient: These occur at night, I can usually predict the nose-bleed when my face is flushed and I am light headed.
Doctor: “OK, it sounds like you are experiencing NSAID Toxicity. If you read the contraindications on the prescription pages you would know that this is serious.” (said by Dr.X in a condescending tone).
Patient:What should I do now?
Doctor: “I am writing scripts for Norflex, a muscle relaxant and Daypro an anti-inflammatory medication. Please read this information and follow the instructions (accordion fold out of many pages).This should give you relief with fewer side effects.” Come back and see me if your condition doesn’t improve. I will also bring brief Dr. J.(Physician hurriedly escorts patient out the door glancing at a watch.)
Patient’s thought bubble
The entire time we were talking, I was hoping Dr. X would relate to me as a person, acknowledge my pain and feelings, and recognize that I have done my best during months of intense pain.
There is not one thing Dr. X. did that was “bad”. Instead, the experience was filled with missed opportunities to make the patient feel cared about as an individual, knowledgeable about her needs and body and fully informed about the treatment and medications planned to support her recovery.
Part one – Building Communication Skills
Consider the behaviors of Dr. X during the appointment, and the patient’s reactions. After viewing the scenario, answer the following questions.
How might the patient view the encounter…do you think she felt rushed or was the service efficient? Explain your rationale for your response.
Identify the phrases or actions that suggested to the patient that the physician was indifferent about their interactions.
How well did the physician employ the Heart-Head-Heart model?
Did the physician empathize with the patient? If yes, identify the message or actions that suggest sincere empathy. If no, which communications led to your conclusion?
Was there anything that the physician did that would have annoyed you?
Part two – Cultural Competence
The understanding of diverse attitudes, beliefs, behaviors, practices and communication patterns is crucial in providing culturally appropriate health care. Medical professionals must acquire knowledge of these for their patients if they hope to be culturally sensitive. In today’s multicultural world, health care workers in all roles are exposed to vast differences among their clientele from ethnicity and religion to gender and sexual orientation, to historical and social factors like addiction and homelessness.Providers must educate themselves and be sensitive to these factors as they impact their ability to communicate effectively and offer appropriate care. Providing high quality care involves both being culturally aware to develop an appreciation of other cultures and to avoid potential prejudice, bias, and misunderstandings as well as to demonstrate empathy towards patients and truly listen to their questions and concerns.
Watch the following videos and answer the questions that follow.
What is Cultural Competency in Healthcare.
Think Cultural Health Case Study: Cultural and Religious Beliefs
Considering your career goals, provide your interpretation of what was being represented in these two videos and how it will relate to you as a professional in the healthcare field.
Discuss the ideas of cultural bias and how your beliefs/prejudices may influence your interactions with others.
Present ideas as to ways that you can become more cultural sensitive and aware of others to ensure your ability to interact in our multicultural world.
Part three – Consumer safety and medication
Creating an environment of safety for patients is of major concern for every clinical service provider. Communication challenges are often at the center of potential error and misunderstanding. In the previous scenario between Dr. X and her patient, the way the doctor handled the discussion about the patient’s current medications and the prescribing of new medications was poorly handled and could leave the patient at risk.
Revisit the scenario once again, and answer the questions below:
1.The patient has been taking prescription Naproxen, to which she added over-the-counter Ibuprofen, trying for more relief. This combination is dangerous, as the two medicines serve the same purpose and as a result, she has been experiencing side effects due to overuse. How might the physician’s response to the patient’s comments about the NSAID’s have been improved to assure that the patient did not repeat the same behavior in the future?
2.The patient was given two alternative prescriptions. For what reason were these medications offered? Was the role these both serve in her treatment made clear to the patient? How do you know?
3.What might be the safety risks to the patient of sending her out of the office with only a pamphlet for the newly-prescribed drugs? What might have been a more effective way to handle this?
As healthcare providers, we have an opportunity to make each moment with our patients and family members meaningful to them far beyond basic medical care and services.Challenge yourself to think about small behavioral changes and enhanced communication skills that might make a different to others, and help you affirm your reason for a career in healthcare.
Prescription Drug information – WebMD
https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-6933/norflex-or…Norflex muscle relaxant
https://anyessayhelp.com/Norflex muscle relaxant