purpose of Assignment
Students will have the opportunity to develop a Balanced Scorecard. This, in turn, will allow them to create effective strategic objectives to be included as part of their overall strategic plan. They will also be presented with the task of creating a brief communication plan that will be used by their proposed division to efficiently distribute information with regard to their strategic initiatives.
Resources: Strategic Planning Outline and Week 4 textbook readings
Create a minimum 1,050-word strategic objectives summary.
Include your balanced scorecard and its impact on all stakeholders, and the communication plan.
Identify key trends, assumptions, and risks in the context of your final business model.
Develop the strategic objectives for your new division of the existing business in a balanced scorecard format in the context of key trends, assumptions, and risks. The strategic objectives are measures of attaining your vision and mission. As you develop them, consider the vision, mission, and values for your business and the outcomes of your SWOTT analysis.
Consider the following four quadrants of the balanced scorecard when developing your strategic objectives:
• Shareholder Value or Financial Perspective, which includes strategic objectives in areas such as:
o Market share
o Revenues and costs
o Competitive position
• Customer Value Perspective, which includes strategic objectives in areas such as:
o Customer retention or turnover
o Customer satisfaction
o Customer value
• Process or Internal Operations Perspective, which includes strategic objectives in areas such as:
o Measure of process performance
o Productivity or productivity improvement
o Operations metrics
o Impact of change on the organization
• Learning and Growth (Employee) Perspective, which includes strategic objectives in areas such as:
o Employee satisfaction
o Employee turnover or retention
o Level of organizational capability
o Nature of organizational culture or climate
o Technological innovation
Evaluate potential alternatives to the issues and/or opportunities identified in the SWOTT Analysis assignment and table you completed in Week 3.
Create at least three strategic objectives for each of the four balanced scorecard areas. Base your solutions on a ranking of alternative solutions including the following:
• Identify potential risks and mitigation plans.
• Analyze a stakeholder and include mitigation and contingency strategies.
• Incorporate ethical implications.
Identify potential risks and mitigation plans.
purpose of Assignment