Irvine Valley College The American Attitude Toward Science in The 1960s & 1970s Essay Humanities Assignment Help. Irvine Valley College The American Attitude Toward Science in The 1960s & 1970s Essay Humanities Assignment Help.
Question: What did it take to recognize the health hazards of nuclear weapons production and start doing something about it? How did the attitude towards science change by the late 1960s? How did scientists respond to these changes?
1. Please use your responses as a place to start off your reflections on the topic of the week. What are other questions that came to your mind as you proceeded with your reading, listening and viewing of the materials in that week? Try to make connections between the lectures, the readings and the films. The more effort you make in putting these different materials in conversation with each other the better.
2. No formal citations are required but quotations from the readings to illustrate your points are welcome (make sure, however, to not use quotes as a substitute for your own wording). Making interesting connections and observations weaving together different ideas from different sources is the best strategy to write an interesting and engaging journal throughout the course, which not only will receive a high weekly grade but also prove helpful for your final paper in this course.
3. A note on expressing your own opinions: your opinions on, for instance, whether a certain development was “right” or “wrong”, or good or bad one, are welcome. However, you should make sure to substantiate your opinions with text-based evidence drawn from the materials in this course. Explain what stood out for you in this week’s materials, and why. Please be specific and cite different materials assigned for this week.
Irvine Valley College The American Attitude Toward Science in The 1960s & 1970s Essay Humanities Assignment Help[supanova_question]
North Shore Community College Pray Happiness & Joy Poems Writing Assignment Help
I’m working on a poetry multi-part question and need a sample draft to help me learn.
For this assignment, I need three complete poems. Anywhere from 120-180 words is perfect for each poem.
1) The first poem is based on homophones and must have “praise, prays, preys” throughout it, all with the correct meaning for each.
2) The second poem must have a new first-line based on” There’s just no accounting for happiness”. I need to make a substantial change to that line and write an entire poem based on the new line.
3) The third and final poem must have 15 of the following words in it somewhere as long as they make sense;
Siena Heights University Factors Affecting Financial Planning Questions Writing Assignment Help
I’m working on a management question and need an explanation to help me understand better.
- People are commonly overwhelmed by personal financial decisions. What are the factors affecting financial planning?
- What are the main components of personal financial planning?
- Explain the differences between open-end credit and close-end credit. Please provide an example of each.
- Discuss the types of information available for use when doing career planning.
- Explain why opportunity cost is an important concept in money management.
- What are the main components of a personal balance sheet and a cash flow statement? What is the main purpose of each of these personal financial statements?
- What are the advantages of a 401K?
- Why would tax-exempt income provide greater short-term financial benefits than tax-deferred income?
- You plan to purchase a house in five years and intend to save a fixed amount of money each month for a down payment. How will you invest your savings, and what are essential considerations in selecting an investment vehicle?
- Evan Nolan is a college graduate who has just landed a great job. He feels it is time for him to start saving a portion of his earnings. What factors would you recommend he consider when evaluating and comparing different savings plans?
- What factors commonly influence a person’s daily buying decisions? Include two examples.
Capella University Plan Your Future as An It Professional Report Engineering Assignment Help
Plan Your Future as an IT Professional
In addition to completing your Master of Science in Information Technology degree, what actions can you take to prepare for your next career move?
In this assignment, you will:
- Identify a possible next job or dream job.
- Analyze your current qualifications and compare them to the requirements of the dream job.
- Develop a plan to address gaps in your qualifications to improve your chances of success.
- Write a forward-looking resume as if you met the requirements posted for your dream job.
For this assignment, you will submit three documents:
- The position description that represents your career goals and dream job.
- A table with four columns:
- The first column lists the job requirements.
- The second column maps your qualifications to the job requirements.
- The third column flags gaps between the job requirements and your qualifications.
- The fourth columns lists strategies and action items to develop your qualifications and eliminate the gaps.
- A future resume for your dream job. This should be what your resume would look like if you complete your development strategies and have the desired qualifications.
To complete this assignment, refer to these steps:
- Identify your dream job and compare its requirements to your qualifications.
- Find a job posting on an IT professional job board that aligns with your career goals and dream job.
- Make a list of the knowledge, skills, certifications, and other requirements for the position.
- Compare your current qualifications to the requirements listed in the job post.
- Identify where you do or do not have the qualifications for the position.
- Note the areas that you need to develop to meet the requirements of your dream job.
- Identify a strategy to acquire the needed qualifications and the time it will take to acquire them.
- Research the resources available to support your professional development. For example, Capella Career Center, industry certifications, training courses offered by a current employer, professional associations, free online training and education resources, and university degree programs.
- Explore different types of resumes and formats used by IT professionals, and determine the best format for your career target position.
Oakton Community College Data Mining and Fraud Detection Discussion Writing Assignment Help
Read the journal article provided and answer questions
Applying Cost-Sensitive Classification for Financial Fraud Detection under High Class-Imbalance
In recent years, data mining techniques have been used to identify companies who issue fraudulent financial state- ments. However, most of the research conducted thus far use datasets that are balanced. This does not always represent reality, especially in fraud applications. In this paper, we demonstrate the effectiveness of cost-sensitive classifiers to detect financial statement fraud using South African market data. The study also shows how different levels of cost affect overall accuracy, sensitivity, specificity, recall and precision using PCA and Factor Analysis. Weighted Support Vector Machines (SVM) were shown superior to the cost-sensitive Naive Bayes (NB) and K-Nearest Neighbors classifiers.
Use the Paper to answer the following discussion question:
Answer each question on separate line
1. In this paper, the author sought to demonstrate what in their work?
2. What were the author’s motivation behind doing this work
3. In the financial fraud research domain, the data contains what two classes? Describe the two classes of data and how this leads to problems?
4. What is the goal of cost sensitive learning?
5. List the data mining techniques other researchers have utilized to predict the manipulation of financial data.
6. Name two feature selection techniques the authors utilized in their work.
7. Describe the data set the researchers used (ie. Where the data come from, how many features, describe the features used
8. What was the minority class in dataset?
9. In the final dataset used how many features and observations were there? And how many were fraud?
10. How many principal components explained 90 percent of the total variation of the dataset? How were these components used for factor analysis?
11. What were some limitations to this study?
NO OUTSIDE SOURCE, NO PLAGRISM
The Cost Volume and Profit Relationship of The Company Discussion Writing Assignment Help
(2) 125 words with one reference each
One:Fitbit is a US based company begun in 2007 and that has been publicly traded since 2015. The company manufactures and sells GPS enabled devices that track activity levels, heart rates, steps, sleep and more. Product lines include smartwatches, headphones, and scales, in addition to subscription services to provide motivation and coaching to subscribers. The company also provides support for corporate wellness programs and health data, based upon the significant tracking data collected by users that includes “One of the largest databases of validated health data in the world.” (Fitbit Health Solutions, 2021) The company offers studies and research on physical activity, sleep, weight loss, containing infectious diseases, and much more.
Fitbit was acquired by Google in early 2021, a move that triggered concern about data privacy but offered a strong partnership in the smartwatch category. Leading up to the $2.1 billion purchase, “…concerns have mounted that Google might use Fitbit’s sensitive health data for ad targeting, undermining user privacy and potentially undermining competition. “ (Niu, 2020) Fitbit’s performance has been less than stellar over the last few years. “Fitbit has seen its total unit volumes steadily decline amid its transition to smartwatches, mostly as fitness trackers fall by the wayside in developed markets.” (Niu, 2020) However, the march toward closing the purchase did prompt a short term spike in September 2020 as ”Investors cheered the progress towards approval, sending shares up by 6% yesterday. (Niu, 2021) The partnership is interesting, with both companies offering different expertise, even within similar market segments. “While Google doesn’t build its own smartwatches or fitness trackers, it provides the software that’s used by other companies to build smartwatches.” (Bursztynsky, 2021)
In this new relationship with Google, Fitbit must closely examine its production costs, volume, and profit. Fitness trackers are popular accessories and are offered at a variety of price points, from extremely basic step counters available for less than $20, to the top end multi function Apple watch for around $800. Fitbit products range from $80 to $300. Even with a strong and recognizable name, Fitbit represents only a small part of a broad market. “Fitbit accounted for just 2.4% of the global smartwatch market, by the revenue value of devices shipped, in the first half of 2020. That compares to 51.4% for Apple, 9.4% for Garmin, 8.3% for Huawei and 7.2% for Samsung.” (Williams, 2021) Clearly, customer interest in these devices is high, and there is support for high prices in exchange for popular functionality in these devices, as the highest revenue companies are selling the highest priced products in this category. No entrant here is gaining market share with high volume for a low priced offering, to command a leadership position.
Before Google and Fitbit determine whether they can move together into the super-premium end of the market where Apple products fall, they must use analysis to determine what new products they can produce and at what price points. CVP analysis will help. “A clear understanding of the link between product costs, volume, and profitability can help managers build strategies that improve corporate earnings.” (Williams, Haka, Bettner, and Carcello, 2018) The company currently produces a variety of devices using the “Fitbit OS” and offering interconnectivity to other apps. Growth in volume would offer additional savings in production due to economies of scale. But a great deal of the appeal of this product is not the hardware such as the wrist band or the readout form factor. Instead, the desirability stems from the software.
Evaluation of the C-V-P here is different than in many companies, since production of each Fitbit unit is potentially largely the same, with the various products offering different functions dependent on their software. IN other words, the same watch band and the same watch case can contain a basic Fitbit, or the upgraded Fitbit, with minor variance in variable manufacturing costs. A large portion of the per-unit cost in this case would be a fixed expense, driven by technology development. So gains in profit would come from creating additional desire (or pull) for the product lines by aligning new and upgraded product features to consumer desires. This allows Fitbit to realize a higher margin on the upgraded versions over the basic versions.
As the Fitbit/Google partnership evolves, higher profit margins may result in stronger stock performance. This company could use C-V-P to determine the contribution margins for various entrants into their product line up and assess which products offer the best profits in order to align their new marketing efforts to create demand, since products with the highest contribution margins contribute the most to the company bottom line. Changing the demand mix to feature more profitable items would create higher overall operating income, which is the goal of C-V-P analysis. That increase in operating income would translate to higher stock prices.
Bursztynsky, Jessica. 1/14/2021, Google closes its Fitbit acquisition. Google closes its Fitbit acquisition (cnbc.com)
Fitbit Health Solutions website, retrieved 2/25/2021. Why Fitbit? | Fitbit Health Solutions
Niu, Evan. 9/30/2020. Google is Reportedly About to Clinch Its Fitbit Acquisition. Google Is Reportedly About to Clinch Its Fitbit Acquisition | The Motley Fool
Williams, Andrew. 1/14/2021. Google Now Owns Fitbit: What it Means For Your Fitness Data Privacy. Google Now Owns Fitbit: What It Means For Your Fitness Data Privacy (forbes.com)
Williams, J., Haka, S., Bettner, M., & Carcello, J. 2018. Financial & Managerial Accounting.
Two: Facebook is currently a public company that basically sells the ability to socially interact with friends and see content. While users do not directly pay for this service they do give over some rights when they make account including seeing advertisements and the ability for Facebook to give certain pieces of information to other companies for profit. This data is more profitable than if each user paid $5 a month.
Facebook has been available for use since 2004. Between 2004 and 2012 Facebook ran as a private company until it went public in 2012 with stock price of $38. Facebooks stayed at relatively the same place until mid-2013 when it rose to almost $50. In 2016 the stock price for Facebook hit $100 and reached $200 in 2018. Now in 2021 it has stayed between $250 and $300 consistently minus two severe crashes in price. The first being in December of 2018 and the second in March of 2020. Both of those times the stock price dropped below $150. Both times where due to privacy issues that brought the company up before congress.
Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis (CVP) uses costs such as fixed and variable cost and sales volume and price and see how these items affect profit.
In the fourth quarter of 2020, Facebook a net income growth of 43% with a 30.75% increase in revenue. These numbers brought about an increase in Net Profit Margins by 39.97%.
As of January 2021 Facebook, inc owns not only owned Facebook but also Instagram, WhatsApp, and Facebook Messenger. These three social networks take up four of the top five social media platforms based on active users. Facebook in first with 2,740 million active users, WhatsApp in third with 2,000 million active users, Facebook Messenger in fourth place with 1,300 million active users, and Instagram in fifth with 1,221 million active users. (Tankovska, 2021)
This knowledge with and that Facebook made on average $29.25 a month of active users in 2019, (Rooke, 2020). Their cost includes things like servers, buildings, and employees. As a company that sells a service, they do not create physical products but an experience. Servers alone cost an estimated $50 million in 2010 for Facebook to be functional and that was up by $30 million from the year before, (Parker, 2017).
Even if I double the cost of the servers to account for the ten years and the cost of buildings, employees, and insurance the volume and price combined for Facebook inc is over $2.5 Trillion making $100 million and easy price point for Facebook to pay.
Facebook Inc ‘s net profit margin by quarter. (n.d.). Retrieved February 26, 2021, from https://csimarket.com/stocks/singleProfitabilityRa…
Parker, M. (2017, November 21). What fixed costs does facebook have? Retrieved February 26, 2021, from https://smallbusiness.chron.com/fixed-costs-facebo…
Rooke, K. (2020, April 25). The cost of social media. Retrieved February 26, 2021, from https://www.kevinrooke.com/post/the-cost-of-social…
Tankovska, H. (2021, February 09). Most used social MEDIA 2020. Retrieved February 26, 2021, from https://www.statista.com/statistics/272014/global-…
The Cost Volume and Profit Relationship of The Company Discussion Writing Assignment Help[supanova_question]
John Tyler Community College Disaster Recovery Planning Paper Business Finance Assignment Help
Consider a scenario where the contingency planning management team (CPMT) of your organization has designated you as the disaster recovery team leader, and the preparation and planning of this component of the security program are now under your purview with a team of 11 employees including yourself.
Write a 2–3 page paper in which you:
- Detail the DR team roles, responsibilities, and sub teams that would be implemented, and construct an organizational chart for the team through the use of graphical tools in Visio or an open-source alternative such as Dia.
- The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- The completed diagrams or charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
- Describe the proper procedures and policies that would be implemented specifically to the DR team personnel as well as special equipment that would be required.
- Draft an executive summary to the DR plan and explain the purpose of the plan and high-level specifics for the upper management.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment.
NVCC Negligence Action Describing Duty Breach Causation & Damages Elements Analysis Business Finance Assignment Help
Create a negligence action where you describe the duty, breach, causation and damages elements.
For example, Lisa was texting while driving and hit Aisha’s car. Lisa, as a motorist, had a duty to all other drivers and pedestrians on the street. She breached that duty when she was driving distracted i.e. texting while she was driving. Because of Lisa’s breach, Aisha sustained injuries and suffered damages. She lost wages; has medical bills, her car was totaled. She has over $300,000 in damages. Also, include comparative negligence. For example, Lisa argues that Aisha’s damages were partly Aisha’s own fault because Aisha was not wearing a seatbelt.
Make it interesting and uniquely yours!
College of Saint Mary The Perspective of Forced Immigration and Refugees Paper Humanities Assignment Help
Write a draft paper about from the perspective of forced immigration and refugees, analyze the benefits of international laws and regulations to refugees and forced immigration.
This draft paper should be in the range of 1200-1400 words, double-spaced with numbered pages, Times New Roman font. Use peer reviewed external articles and academic resources. Use online databases in selecting your external articles. Use a consistent academic citation style (i.e., APA, MLA, etc.) throughout the paper and bibliography. Assign suitable headers with relevance to main discussions throughout the paper. Have a title page, numbered pages, and double-space with Times New Roman font. Avoid passive voice in writing. Use active voice instead. Please write the draft paper more from the sociological level of forced immigration and refugees rather than the legal level. Depending on the situation, you can choose to use the article I provided as part of the reference.
Idaho State University Data Mining K Means Clustering Worksheet Business Finance Assignment Help
I’m working on a excel exercise and need support to help me understand better.
Attracted by possible returns from a portfolio of movies, hedge funds have invested in the movie
industry by financially backing individual films and/or studios. The hedge fund Star Ventures is currently
conducting some research regarding movies involving Adam Sandler, an American actor, screenwriter,
and film producer. As a first step, Star Ventures would like to cluster Adam Sandler movies together
based on their gross box office returns and movie critic ratings.
Using data in the file sandler_movies.csv, apply k-medoids clustering with k=3 to characterize three
different types of Adam Sandler movies. Base the clusters on the variables Rating and Box Office. Rating
corresponds to movie ratings provided by critics with a higher score representing a better review. Box
represents the gross box office earnings in millions of U.S. dollars. Standardize the values of the input
variables to adjust for the different scales of the variables.
Report the characteristics of each cluster, including the count of movies, the average ratings of the
movies, and the average box office earnings in each cluster. How would you describe the movies in each
cluster? Submit your workbook to Moodle.