Literacy Narrative Essay
– Review Essay 1: Understanding the Literacy Narrative Essay Assignment to ensure you are meeting the requirements of the assignment (remember: you are writing about something you learned how to do and the impact it had on your life)
– Develop an essay between 800-1000 words
– Use first person and make this essay about you.
– Include the 3 rhetorical styles
– The final draft needs to contain the 3 rhetorical styles as studied in Unit 1.3 Rhetorical Styles Part I, which includes Narration: Tell Me a Story, Descriiption: The Details Matter, and Exemplification: Provide the Reader with Examples.
Make sure that your story has a purpose. The purpose is indicated by the thesis statement. You are not just telling a story; you are telling your audience what you learned and how you grew from your experience.
– Review and follow grading feedback on the previous steps of the assignment (Discussion: Drafting the Literacy Narrative and Assignment: Thesis Statement and Outline).
– Set up your document in proper MLA formatting
Revise and edit to ensure clear, concise writing