Managerial Economics, management homework help Business Finance Assignment Help. Managerial Economics, management homework help Business Finance Assignment Help.
Final Project Scenario
You are an economist for the Vanda-Laye Corporation, which produces and distributes outdoor cooking supplies. The company has come under new ownership and management and will be undergoing changes in its product lines and operating structure. As an economist, your responsibilities include examining the market factors that affect success or failure of a product, including the supply and demand for the product, market conditions, and the behavior of competitors with similar products.
The new management has identified several possible investments for the coming year. It has asked you and your team to evaluate the possibilities and make a recommendation to the board of directors. Jorge has identified two mutually exclusive opportunities (Investment A)and two independent opportunities (Investment B) and assigned you the task of making a recommendation on the investments.
Your company would like to increase its product lines. Two alternatives are available, a new line of outdoor smokers and a new line of outdoor grills. The two lines are mutually exclusive, meaning that only one of these investment alternatives can be selected. The projected cash flows and their respective probabilities for each alternative are given in the table. There are three possible levels of demand and their corresponding probabilities, which depend on the state of the economy.
Click here to download the table for Investment A.
The two alternatives carry equal risk and should be evaluated at the company’s cost of capital. The cost for the new smoker line will be $7,000,000. Also, the company has been guaranteed a buyer for the new line at the end of the fifth year. The buyer has agreed to purchase the new line for $7,900,000. The outdoor grill alternative will cost $3,987,000 and also has a guaranteed buyer, who has agreed to pay $4,000,000 at the end of the fifth year.
Investment B involves two independent investment opportunities. The decisions on these two investment alternatives are also independent of Investment A. Investment B-1 involves a new packaging machine, which will eliminate the need for a local firm for packaging Vanda-Laye’s products. The cost of this machine will be $24,000, and the expected revenues from this opportunity are given in the table and are considered to be of average risk. Investment B-2 is the purchase of a new computer system that will allow the company to sell its products on the Internet worldwide. The cost of this new system will be $29,000, with the expected cash flows after taxes given in the table.
Click here to download the table for Investment B.
Jorge has asked you to provide detailed responses to the following:
Management of Vanda-Laye has determined that the capital structure of the company will involve 30% debt and 70% common equity. This structure will be used to finance all investments by the company. Currently, the company can sell new bonds at par, with a coupon rate of 7%. Any new common stock can be sold for $45, with a required return (or cost) of 15.57%. Using Microsoft Excel, calculate the company’s cost of capital to be used in the evaluation of possible investment projects.
For Investment A:
Using Microsoft Excel, create a decision tree. Indicate the various levels of demand and their respective probabilities. Also, include the calculations for the expected cash flows.
Calculate the expected NPV for each alternative. Explain the decision rules for making a selection between the two alternatives on the basis of the expected NPV.
Assuming the two alternatives are mutually exclusive, specify which alternative you would recommend to the company. Explain why.
If the two alternatives were independent of each other, specify which project you would select. Would you accept both projects if funding were available for both? Explain your answer.
For Investment B:
Using Microsoft Excel, calculate the NPV for each alternative.
Using the decision-making criteria for the NPV, specify which alternative you would select if the two alternatives were mutually exclusive. Explain your answer.
Given that the two alternatives are independent of each other, specify which investment you would select, if not both. Explain your answer.
Using Microsoft Excel, calculate the IRR for each investment.
Using the decision-making criteria for the IRR, specify which alternative you would prefer. Explain your answer.
If funding were available, specify whether you would select both investments. Why or why not?
Calculate the profitability index (PI) for the two investments. Which project is preferred?
Determine whether there is a ranking conflict present in terms of the IRR and the NPV. Explain your answer. If a conflict does exist, explain how you would resolve the situation.
Compile a report including all your responses from Weeks 1, 3, and 5. Make sure your report reads as one report rather than three reports pasted together. Complete all revisions suggested by your instructor in previous weeks. Make sure all responses are complete and accurate, supported by references and documented examples. The report should be 10–15 pages in length and include an executive summary.
Name the spreadsheet as SU_MBA5004_W5_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.xls and your Microsoft Word document as SU_MBA5004_W5_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
Assignment 2 Grading Criteria
Constructed a decision tree for Investment A on the basis of the company’s calculated cost of capital.
Justified the results thoroughly using the calculations for the expected cash flows and the expected NPV for Investment A.
Justified your recommendation for the two mutually exclusive projects for Investment A, with an explanation of the decision rules for the NPV.
Calculated the NPV, IRR, and PI for the two projects under Investment B.
Under Investment B, evaluated which project would be preferred under each method, with thorough explanations for the decisions, indicating whether a ranking conflict existed.
Justified which project would be selected if the projects were mutually exclusive for Investment B.
Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner. Utilized the appropriate type and number of scholarly sources for graduate-level work. Demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources. Displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Managerial Economics, management homework help Business Finance Assignment Help[supanova_question]
HUMANITIES 102 Flesh in the Age of Reason, writing homework help Writing Assignment Help
CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS AND WRITE A 500 OR MORE WORD RESPONSE. Keep your response directly connected with the context of the class and the specific question being asked.Reviewing the assigned materials will be essential, but going on the internet to look something up will not be helpful. Furthermore, it goes directly against the assignment guidelines. Outside research is not permitted. Produce responses that demonstrate your ability to think things through. Also, use your own words. Quotes, if used at all,should be properly cited and used very sparingly — at most a few words from the assigned text.
1. Roy Porter (Flesh in the Age of Reason) and George Makari (Soul Machine) both draw our attention to the shift in Western thinking that occurred during the 17th and 18th centuries. Makari focuses on exploring the concept of“mind” as it emerged and developed. Porter covers much of the same ground, but emphasizes the ideas of“identity” and “self.” Are there any areas of disagreement between these two theorists, or is their work complementary, helping to provide a more complete picture of our history? Explain. If there are points of divergence in their thinking, describe some of them and their significance. If the authors help each other to promote a common set of ideas, describe some of these ideas and explain why the authors think they are important.
2. Flesh in the Age of Reason spends some time on the topic of death. In particular, the book describes early Modern ideas about what happens when people die, as well as theories about how we ought to confront death and dying. All this occurs in the middle of a book that also dedicates many pages to the topic of individual identity. From the perspective of the book’s author, how are these areas related?
3. Porter’s Flesh in the Age of Reason describes two perspectives on the nature of humanity that apparently were at odds with one another during the emergence of the Modern era. One involves the idea that we are unique creations of God, set apart in important ways from “inferior animals.” The other line of thought says that human beings are just one more species of animal, with an entirely natural origin. Explain these views in more detail, inline with what Porter says about them, and describe the significance he sees in this philosophical/historical debate.
UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS, assignment help Business Finance Assignment Help
Article 1 :
Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Read Universal Declaration of Human Rights (1948) Article 19 Right to Communicate, available in eReserves.
“Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this
right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to
seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and
regardless of frontiers.”
Gendered Perspectives Reading Notes
Read Gendered Perspectives on the Digital Divide, available in eReserves.
The authors present “a study that examined undergraduate students
enrolled in an IT-focused program in a Kenyan university. The purpose of
the study was to understand and explain gendered perspectives in three
topical areas: 1) the digital divide; 2) motivations for enrolling in
IT-focused education program; and 3) career expectations upon completion
of the program. To gain insights into these three topical areas, the
researchers conducted interviews with 32 female and 31 male students.
The methodology that guided these interviews as well as the findings and
their implications for IT education are presented.” (256)
Authors situate their study in the “extant literature on gender in IT
education, gender in the IT workforce, and the digital divide.” (256)
Numbers of women earning undergraduate degrees in computer science
and engineering are significantly less than might be expected from their
representation in the population. This under-representation can be
partially explained by the following impediments that many women face in
their STEM educational and career paths.
- A lack of role models and networking opportunities
- An education gap, coupled with the digital gap
- A lack of access to a technology-related career
- A lack of commitment from industry and academe
- The perception of IT as a white male career
“Despite these challenges, formal STEM training and access to
technology resources can be found at the elementary and secondary
levels, and in institutions of higher education. The availability of
formal STEM education in sub-Saharan Africa, however, may be more
challenging due to infrastructure and economic development issues” (256)
Conclusions and Discussion
“When discussing the digital divide, students situated their
individual educational outcomes in the broader social structures. In
doing so, they expressed dualistic thinking that presented binary
opposites such as Western/African nations, skilled/unskilled,
presence/absence of IT, old/young, advanced/behind, urban/rural, and
new/old technology. These binary categories largely mirror those found
in the digital divide discourse of Western nations. Perhaps this is
because both developed and developing nations must contend with systemic
inequities associated with human differences based on geographic
location, gender, race, ethnicity, and socioeconomic class. To produce
compassionate IT professionals equipped with the analytic and technical
skills to develop solutions that facilitate development and redress the
digital divide, IT education programs should include course modules and
learning activities that raise students’ awareness of ethics, social
responsibility and civic engagement. There is evidence, for instance,
that globalization has given women in developing regions greater
opportunities to partake in formal education and work in STEM-related
Morgan, Heeks, and Arun (22) reported that the United Nations placed
access to IT as the third most important issue facing women globally,
after poverty and violence against women.
Access to IT and its potential role in reducing the income gap
between men and women has also been documented in tele-education
initiatives in sub-Saharan African nations.
This study examined gender perspectives on the digital divide and IT
workforce and education in Kenya. Through interviews with 32 female and
31 male students enrolled at a four-year university in Kenya, the
authors found that students advocated for IT skills and competencies to
enhance the economic development of the nation and to further their
individual careers. However, their narratives revealed the unique
challenges to deriving value from IT in Kenya. To overcome these
challenges, national policies are needed to facilitate the growth of the
IT sector and promote gender equity, and the capacity of organizations
to leverage and develop the IT workforce.
Kvasny, L., Payton, F., Mbarika, V., Amadi, A.,
& Meso, P. (2008). Gendered perspectives on the digital divide, IT
education, and workforce participation in Kenya. IEEE Transactions on Education, 51(2), 256-261
Freedom of Expression Film Notes
Watch Freedom of Expression. (61 minutes).
- Corporations control our information systems, the information on
which we rely as citizens, responsible to each other for the political
decisions we make.
Free Speech in the Age of Copyright
- Fair and Balanced trademark Intellectual Property Case: Franken vs Fox News.
- Copyright Law based on US Constitution, Article I, Section 8,
Clause 8 “To promote the progress of science and useful arts” for
- Copyright and intellectual property is used as a tool for
censorship and as a way of restricting the public’s access to vital
- “Need a different structure of copyright, so the natural instincts
about how you use creative work don’t also constitute ‘piracy’” (L.
Fencing the Cultural Commons
- “Copyright law is a bargain between the public and creators” (D. Bollier)
- Disney and others lobbied for the extension of copyright in law.
- Important question about copyright law is “Can we maintain a rich cultural commons and therefore a sense of cultural cohesion?”
- Folk music tradition is a great example of how previous works of
art, music and culture can inform new vibrant creations. The public
domain is important for folk musicians who borrow and rework old bits of
melody and lyrics. This Land is Your Land story illustrates the public private domain controversy.
The Rise of the Clearance Culture
- Now unprecedented access to multimedia technology.
- The Clearance Culture is basically the assumption that copyright holders’ monopoly is absolute.
Suppressing the Freedom of Information
- “Pervasive notion that everything private is better than everything public.” (S. Vaidhyanathan)
- Problem of the enclosure of the commons, based on the false notion
that private is more efficient. Case of Diebold voting machine
problems, not revealed to the citizens based on patent and copyright
proprietary information, using the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Free Speech and Fair Use
- Important safeguard against overzealous copyright holders is legal
doctrine, fair use which also protects the unlicensed reproduction of
- “Fair use of a copyrighted work for the purposes of criticism,
news reporting, teaching, scholarship, research is not infringement of
copyright” Copyright Law of the US, 1976 Copyright Act.
- Pretty Woman parody case was important legal case for fair use.
- Other examples discussed include Outfoxed and Dreamworlds.
- Documentary filmmakers organized around protection of their rights to fair use.
- Significant movement that resists the assaults on free expression
is diverse and decentralized movement to protect fair use rights. Stay
Free, led by teacher Carrie McLaren, illustrates how copyright law is
affecting and limiting artists in “Illegal Art” exhibit.
- “Culture Jamming, interrupts the traditional relationship between
product and consumer.” Tactics include generation of mock ads and media
pranks to educate with often humorous and thought provoking parody and
critique. Efforts include work by audio collective Negativeland, whose
lawsuit became educational information about copyright and efforts to
- Art Mark (the yes men) created the Barbie Liberation Organization
media prank. Kembrew McLeod sought and received trademark certificate
for term Freedom of Expression.
- Creative Commons (cc) licenses create a more inclusive and diverse copyright environment.
- Free Culture.org engages students to organize, inform people of
rights and encourage people to use their rights. Raises important
questions to address the most basic First Amendment rights of citizens.
McLeod, K. & Smith, J. (Producers) (2007). Freedom of expression? Resistance and repression in the age of intellectual property. [Motion picture]. US: MEF.
and reflect on the readings and film issues. Consider these questions
- Do we need to achieve a democratic Information Age? What are the challenges?
- What policies can enhance education for use of the Internet and other digital
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)?
- Can Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (1948),
the right to communicate, be a tool for social networking and inclusion
in the global cybersociety?
- What did Kvasny, et al., (2008) find about gender, IT education and IT digital divide?
- The film Freedom of Expression explores complex issues of
intellectual property rights in cyberspace. What challenges and
opportunities do digital intellectual property rights (IP) of
- Consider the range of IP form protected and expensive commodities to free and shared creative commons?
- What are fair use values?
case analysis, management homework help Business Finance Assignment Help
D o NOT Summarize – just Analyze!
- must include an analysis of all potential options laid out in your case study, as well as a final recommendation.
Identification of Operations Issues (15%)
Identify operations issues that we have discussed during the course of the semester that the company in your case is facing.
Analysis and Evaluation of OM Issues (25%)
Discuss how the identified issues are affecting the company and what options the company has to address the issues from an operations perspective.
Recommendations – Application of theory & analysis and utilizing OM Strategies (35%)
Provide clear and actionable recommendations for how the company should address the issues facing them. These recommendations should be based in OM strategies that we have discussed during the course of the semester.
using just one resources which is this book
Operations Management: Sustainability and Supply Chain Management by Jay Heizer and Barry Render.
I do not need essay paper what I need is analysis and explanation of each part as I mentioned prevesouly
Discussion 7 – Implementing NAP, computer science homework help Other Assignment Help
You have a network with around 1,000 clients that connect to it. In addition, you have an additional 50 consultants and vendors that connect to your network each week directly and through the VPN. How can you ensure that all computers connecting to your network have an updated antivirus software package, an updated anti-spyware package, and the newest security patches, and if they don’t, how can they get an updated antivirus software package, an updated anti-spyware package, and the newest security patches?
To view the Discussion Rubric that will be used throughout the course, click or tap on the “gear icon” at the top of the page. From the drop-down window, select Show Rubric.
Poetry, Philosophy in Music and Art; and Color Analysis Discussion, history homework help Humanities Assignment Help
World Cultures II
“Poetry, Philosophy in Music and Art; and Color Analysis” Please respond to one (1) of the following, using sources under the Explore heading as the basis of your response:
- Poetry and Philosophy heavily influenced music at this time. Especially in reference to Debussy and Mahler. Do review their works below and discuss how you see either composer inspired by poetry and/or by philosophy after listening to works by each after reading about them. How would you relate this to today? Do poetry and philosophy shape contemporary artists? Discuss what types of things inspire you to ‘create’ and why?
- Describe two (2) color paintings by different artists (selected from the list or sources in the Explore section below) that you believe represent the quote by Kandinsky on the subject of color in art from our readings. Justify your response by directly relating to his work, Concerning the Spiritual in Art. Do you see any of these ideas for the use of color and its impact in today’s world? in social media? visual culture examples on ‘colors’ impact? Do share a modern example!
- How does Poetry define modernism at this time in history? Use a specific example from our readings this week, and the impact of Modernism style in Paris to support your analysis. Think about ‘why Paris’…
- How did the modernist styles play a role at this time in shaping or defining current thought? Picking one specific visual art style: Cubism, Fauvism, Futurism, German Expressionism; discuss its cultural influence, and larger impact on modernism. Is there an artist today that applies this style? Remember, it does not have to be a literal interpretation, but you can see style connections today?
Debussy and Mahler
- “Approaching Mahler and Debussy” –
- Musical selections for Mahler – (Symphony No. 2, Finale; Resurrection Symphony) or (Symphony No. 1, 3rd Movement).
- Musical selection for Debussy – (Prélude à l’après-midi d’un faune)
Kandinsky on Color
- New York’s Museum of Modern Art (MoMA). Search names listed above at http://www.moma.org/collection/artist_index.php?st…
***This is a discussion, NOT a paper. Need strong paragraphs and 2 references.***
Poetry, Philosophy in Music and Art; and Color Analysis Discussion, history homework help Humanities Assignment Help[supanova_question]
Case study KILLER COKE, business and finance homework help Business Finance Assignment Help
i will upload 2 cases ,and i want you to do 2 cases each case has 3 pages in it .with the resources
1. Clearly state the substantive Facts in the case. Sometimes a case has irrelevantand / or non-substantive information. Make sure you distinguish the two.
2. Identify the Key Issues in the case. Who are all the Stakeholders and what aretheir perspectives?
3. Analyze the case – break the facts / issues up and put them all together again.You will gain new perspective particularly in light of what you think is theessence of the case.
4. Provide Alternative – viable – Solutions.
5. Recommend the Best Solution with accompanying rationale
.6. Provide your Prognosis. This is expressing your personal opinion quite apartfrom the logical conclusion you have arrived at in analyzing the case.
7. It is important to identify Primary, Secondary and Tertiary moral / ethicalissues and the Ethical Dilemma in the case
.8. Be sure to articulate the relevant Ethical/ Moral framework(s) that is / areapplicable so you can evaluate the company’s actions against them.
Health Reform Discussion, health and medicine homework help Health Medical Assignment Help
Healthcare Policy & Law
- Examine two (2) efforts at health reform in the United States that occurred during the 1900s. Determine the major political and social factors that influenced the outcomes for each. Support your rationale with specific examples of such influence.
- From the e-Activity, compare and contrast at least two (2) pros and cons of developing a state health insurance exchange. Speculate on which exchange you believe would be most beneficial for the majority of the insured in your state. Provide support for your rationale.
- e-Activity: Go to Aetna’s Website and watch the video titled “Health Care Reform: What is a health insurance exchange?” (6 min 43 s), located at http://www.aetna.com/health-reform-connection/refo…. Be prepared to discuss.
***This is a discussion, NOT a paper. Need strong paragraphs and 2 references.***
The Affordable Care Act Discussion, health and medicine homework help Health Medical Assignment Help
Healthcare Policy & Law
“The Affordable Care Act”
- Analyze at least two (2) new provisions to the Affordable Care Act. Interpret the implications of these new provisions for access to care for families. Provide specific examples of such implications to support your rationale.
- Appraise the inherent impact of at least (2) Affordable Care Act quality initiatives on quality of care for both the consumer and the healthcare provider. Support your response with specific examples of the effects on both aforementioned groups.
***This is a discussion, NOT a paper. Need strong paragraphs and 2 references.***
American History, history homework help Humanities Assignment Help
MUST use Give me liberty volume 1 by Eric Foner and primary source links provide by me. Cannot use outside source.
The institution of slavery varied widely in the new world and so did African and African American slave responses to it. I want you to make an argument for which colonial society — the Chesapeake Colonies, the Northern Colonies, the Carolinas, the Spanish Empire, or the West Indies — had the most brutal system and which had the least brutal system of slavery and why.
In your essay, please compare and contrast the institution of slavery in the two colonial societies you selected and include slave responses to the institution of slavery. Be certain to include at least one example of active resistance and one example of passive resistance taken from the primary source readings, author lectures, and documentaries we viewed.
What should you be including in your answers?
The essay question is designed to have you bring together material from the primary source readings and images we look at each week, the films clips, discussion boards, and the author lectures. The textbook is there to help you with the historical context you need to be able to analyze these sources. I expect that you will be using the primary source materials we’ve explored either as assigned reading for the week or on the discussion boards to draw examples from to make your argument.
Please do NOT use materials from outside this course. Do NOT, and I repeat, DO NOT conduct independent research to answer the essay question. I will fail you if you use materials outside of this course and consider this cheating. This is NOT a research paper, this is an essay based on the materials you are supposed to have learned up to this point. I am incredibly familiar with all the materials I’ve provided in this course, so I immediately recognize content that I have not provided.
https://anyessayhelp.com/. Be prepared to discuss.
***This is a discussion, NOT a paper. Need strong paragraphs and 2 references.***