Not All Companies Are Viewed as Equal, business and finance homework help Business Finance Assignment Help. Not All Companies Are Viewed as Equal, business and finance homework help Business Finance Assignment Help.
In the land of free trade, the public does not view all industries as equal. Do you believe that is ethical? Do you believe that some industries are unfairly targeted? Should it be consumers’ choice to partake in products that are not healthy for them, or do those companies have an ethical obligation to protect people? In this assignment, you will choose one (1) industry to write about. Possible industries to research could be tobacco, soda, alcohol, casinos, or candy companies, just to name a few.
Write 1½ page paper in which you:
- Become an advocate for either the consumer or the industry. Prepare an argument explaining the major reasons why you support either the consumer or the industry.
- Explain the role capitalism plays in corporate decision making.
- Discuss if you believe it is possible for a company to cater to both its best interest and that of the consumer conjointly or if one always has to prevail. Justify your response.
- Use at least two (2) quality references.
Not All Companies Are Viewed as Equal, business and finance homework help Business Finance Assignment Help[supanova_question]
Wal-mart questions should be answered with at least 250 words Business Finance Assignment Help
Wal-Mart Revised its Marketing Strategy
Case Summary (Each question has to be answered with 250 words and citations. I have uploaded material needed to answer questions. The sourcing has to be from a scholarly article and written in apa format.
In a narrative format discuss the key facts and critical issues presented in the case.
What in the competitive environment caused Wal-Mart to rethink its marketing strategy?
Wal-Mart does well in a recessionary economy, will the same marketing strategy work during a thriving economic environment?
As CEO of Wal-Mart, would you focus more on customers that are very price conscious or would you also focus on higher margin, higher priced items that are often purchased in department stores?
production and operations management, management homework help Business Finance Assignment Help
Hi, i need original work on these problems. Thankyou
Hau Lee Furniture, Inc., described in Example 1 of this chapter, finds its current profit of $10,000 inadequate. The bank is insisting on an improved profit picture prior to approval of a loan for some new equipment. Hau would like to improve the profit line to $25,000 so he can obtain the bank’s approval for the loan.
a) What percentage improvement is needed in the supply chain strategy for profit to improve to $25,000? What is the cost of material with a $25,000 profit?
b) What percentage improvement is needed in the sales strategy for profit to improve to $25,000? What must sales be for profit to improve to $25,000?
Baker Mfg. Inc. wishes to compare its inventory turnover to those of industry leaders, who have turnover of about 13 times per year and 8% of their assets invested in inventory.
a) What is Baker’s inventory turnover?
b) What is Baker’s percent of assets committed to inventory?
c) How does Baker’s performance compare to the industry leaders?
ARROW DISTRIBUTING CORP.
BAKER MFG. INC.
Cost of sales
The grocery industry has an annual inventory turnover of about 14 times. Organic Grocers, Inc. had a cost of goods sold last year of $10.5 million; its average inventory was $1.0 million. What was Organic Grocers’s inventory turnover, and how does that performance compare with that of the industry?
Discussions response Business Finance Assignment Help
NEED TO RESPOND TO BOTH OF THIS DISCUSSIONS POST OF TWO OTHER STUDENTS (DOESN’T MIND IF YOU SUPPORT THEIR OPINION OR NOT) JUST 70 WORDS EACH
1) One behavior that was not common but is now allowed in all fifty states is same sex marriage/homosexuality (sexual desire toward the same sex). By Accepting, Homosexuals it makes us more tolerant, diverse and open minded. Moreover, it makes us an example to the rest of the world and allows us to innovate as a whole. Another Behavior that has made a lot of commotion is breast-feeding in public. I recently viewed a social experiment video titled Sexy vs. Breastfeeding In public which consisted of a provocative women wearing a low cut shirt and showing her assets and a first time mother breast feeding her new born child in public. The experiment resulted in society being more acceptable when it comes to showing off body parts because its “sexy” or Hot or because the young women is allowed. When it came to the mother society portrays it as gross and judged the mother harshly. Some vocalized breast-feeding should be done in private because people do not want their children or husbands staring at breast while at the park, mall or even restaurants because it is disturbing. Others are acceptable because it is natural babies have to be fed.
2)There are definitely certain behaviors that are allowable for some members of society but not others. For example, professional people such as law enforcement officers, doctors, and teachers will not have the same permitted behaviors in society than other people. Let’s go with a police officer. I believe that a police officer has to have the highest ethical standards. For example, when a police officer is off duty he/she cannot be seen hanging out with criminals or doing something illegal such as doing drugs, fighting, or even speeding. That behavior is not acceptable if you are a police officer but maybe for others that type of behavior is allowable. It is allowable but that doesn’t mean they won’t get into trouble. Another example using a different type of professional can be a professional boxer or mixed martial arts fighter. They are not allowed to get into a fight outside of the ring/cage because they can get into serious trouble and even face criminal charges. There are ethical behaviors allowed and not allowed for everyone. I saw some really good examples of unethical behaviors among individuals, businesses, professionals, politicians and government.
MENTAL HEALTH DISORDER IN NEW ZEALAND PRISONS, assignment help Mathematics Assignment Help
Please respond to the following psych stats question in the following way
• Ask a probing question.
• Share an insight from having read your colleague’s posting.
• Offer and support an opinion.
• Validate an idea with your own experience.
• Make a suggestion.
• Expand on your colleague’s posting.
DO NOT PLAGARIZE THE POST BELOW!
In the research study titled Prevalence of psychiatric disorders in New Zealand prisons: A national study, the authors Brinded, Simpson, Laidlaw, Fairley and Malcolm (2001) review how widespread the presence of mental health issues in New Zealand prisons are. All female prisoners, all males that were in the New Zealand justice system as either on bail or in custody, and 18% of all males that were sentenced and in prison. The 18% of selected males were chosen randomly by number tables and then categorized by severity of their charge, due to the more severe the charge the higher probability that a mental illness is prevalent. Interviews were then given with informed consent, demographic data collection, the diagnostic interview for mental illness (CIDI-A), screening diagnostic interview for relevant personality disorders (PDQ 4+), and questions about suicide and suicidal thoughts. The CIDI-A was then scored using the DSM-IV for comparison and identification for mental disorders (Brinded, Simpson, Laidlaw, Fairley & Malcolm, 2001).
This study found that there are great many prisoners with mental health disorders in the New Zealand prisons including, but not limited to, substance abuse, major depression, bi-polar disorder, and obsessive compulsive disorder. This study also found that while a large number (80.8%) of patients with bi-polar disorder are receiving treatment and less than half of patients with other mental disorders are receiving treatment, not all inmates receive treatment for the mental health disorders while incarcerated in the prison system in New Zealand (Brinded, Simpson, Laidlaw, Fairley & Malcolm, 2001).
I feel that the most important part of this study is not that there are many inmates with mental disabilities in the prison system of New Zealand, but that there are many prisoners that go untreated for their mental condition. This information can be used to show the vast numbers of inmates that are suffering with their mental health. It could also be used to strengthen the idea that more programs and treatment options are needed for inmates. If the treatment options are expanded for inmates, then the possibility of suicide among inmates could be reduced (Brinded, Simpson, Laidlaw, Fairley & Malcolm, 2001).
Brinded, P., Simpson, A., Laidlaw, T., Fairley, N., & Malcolm, F. (2001, April). Prevalence of psychiatric disorders in New Zealand prisons: A national study. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry, 35(2), pp. 166-173.
Ax, R. K., Fagan, T. J., Magaletta, P. R., Morgan, R. D., Nussbaum, D., & White, T. W. (2007). Innovations in correctional assessment and treatment. Criminal Justice and Behavior, 34(7), 893–905
Alcohol Toxicity-Small assignment Humanities Assignment Help
Alcohol Toxicity-Small assignment
Must be original and plagiarism free, I have attached my e-textbook for you to use Chapter 9 is on alcohol. Must have in-text citations and if any others resources are used other than the attached textbook, they need to be ones that I can look up online for FREE!!! Must also be at least 500 words. No title page required.
The effects of alcohol consumption differ according to gender, age, amount consumed, genetic predisposition towards addiction, and metabolism. Alcohol consumed as a part of religious ceremonies and joyous celebrations. Yet, each year many people die from complications related to alcohol consumption. Read the scenario transcript below and take notes about how much the person has consumed the effects of the consumption, and the consequences from the consumption. Then, respond to the discussion questions below.
Isabel Transcript (Attached Below)
Questions to address:
Explain the toxic effects of alcohol consumption on the body. How do cognitive problems develop from long-term toxic levels of exposure to alcohol?
Predict what Isabel might experience while she goes through alcohol detoxification. Why should this process be medically supervised?
Isabel has been drinking for many years. How might her early experiences with drinking (e.g. in high school and college) made her more prone to alcoholism?
Why do some people develop alcoholism while others do not?
Isabel (female adult) I am so drunk right now. It’s the day before I am supposed to go to rehab again. I know, I don’t sound drunk, but that’s how you know a REAL alcoholic. I take care of the kids, drive them everywhere, do my job, and even make dinner like most Moms. It’s just that I start drinking in the morning and only stop when I go to sleep or pass out. Oh, don’t be so surprised. There are lots of us. We are doctors, lawyers, and teachers. We are homeless and we live in mansions. Okay, here’s the thing, I really don’t want to go tomorrow. It’s not like I don’t KNOW that I have a problem. It’s that I have to leave my kids and job. Who knows when I’ll be home again? This drinking…this awful drinking started when I was in high school. I think I was about 16 when it first started. My friends and I found some beer in my Dad’s fridge in the garage. My parents were out of town and a bunch of my friends came over. I was never cool…no, I never really felt like my friends liked me very much. But that night? Well, that night, I was cool. My Dad never said anything about the missing beer, so I kept taking some from his stash. It got bad though, you know. I began sneaking out of school with older kids. We drank and then went back for our afternoon classes. Soon, I stopped going back at all. My parents never really said anything when my grades dropped. By then, they were fighting all the time. Now that I think of it, I think my Dad was drinking a lot then too. All I know is that my parents totally ignored me unless I was in trouble. Finally, I straightened up and cut back on my drinking. I even got into college…that’s right…college. I remember my first year of college as one big party. I still don’t know how I passed most of my classes. I was barely sober and loved hanging with all of my new friends. We were always going somewhere exciting. When I went home for summer, I had to stop drinking. I hated it and I hated that summer. But, my parents had divorced and neither one drank anymore. By the end of my second year of college, I had failed almost all of my classes. So, I had to drop out. I got pregnant and married my husband. Here I am, grown up and drunk…(sigh)…okay…now I know the problem is that I don’t want to stop drinking and I don’t want to drink anymore. What a terrible struggle!
Alcohol Toxicity-Small assignment Humanities Assignment Help[supanova_question]
Project- Thesis and Outline Humanities Assignment Help
Create an Outline and Thesis:
Using the research you began gathering in the last module, submit a
final thesis statement and outline for your Comparative Politics
Project. In the outline show where you will insert your research
quotations and citations.
Chose only one of the questions below to discuss as the topic of your research paper:
- USA. “18 Million May Lose Insurance After Repeal, Study Finds By ROBERT PEAR
• The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office said that repealing
major provisions of the Affordable Care Act would cost 18 million people
their insurance in the first year.
• The number of uninsured
Americans would increase to 32 million in 10 years, while causing
insurance premiums to double over that time.”
Read your textbook’s chapter on Nigeria in West Africa. Answer the
question: “How have the frequent shifts from civilian to military rule
and back again exacerbated Nigeria’s social and economic problems? What
direction do you feel Nigeria should take in the future? Explain.”
Read your textbook’s chapter on Mexico in Central America. Answer the
question: “How and why did forces undermining the PRI (Institutional
Revolutionary Party) emerge, culminating in the victory of Vicente Fox
of PAN (the National Action Party). In political terms, where do you
feel Mexico should go in the future?”
Develop a Thesis
a tentative thesis based on your chosen question above. Your thesis
lets the reader know what political issue you will tackle in the United
States, Nigeria, or Mexico. The last part of your thesis should include a
“seed” of thought to indicate where you stand on the question. For an
example of a thesis, please see Guidelines for Writing Research Papers located in the Course Materials folder.
your textbook plus at least two other sources from your college’s
online library or your local community library. Gather 4-6 or more
quotations or citations, using APA style. After you gather your research
documentation, revise your thesis as needed to fit the facts.
3 days ago
Leadership Theory Business Finance Assignment Help
For this paper, you refine and develop your Public Health Leadership Theory based on leadership theories and a systems approach. For this paper, your theory should reflect Instructor feedback, researched studies, introspection, innovation, and literature analysis.
Section 1 — Abstract and Introduction (1–2 pages)
Section 2 — Revised Literature Review and Problem Statement (5–7 pages):
- Literature Review to include:
- A synthesis of the literature of 15–20 peer reviewed, scholarly resources
- A description of theoretical gaps in the research
- Problem Statement to include:
- An explanation of the specific problem that addresses identified gaps within the literature
- An explanation of how your problem statement incorporates implications for positive social change.Section 3 — Personal Public Health Leadership Theory (2–3 pages):
- An articulation of your personal Public Health Leadership TheorySection 4 — Revised Visual Representation of Your Public Health Leadership Theory (3–4 pages):Your visual representation should include:
- Your personal Public Health Leadership Theory to address the gaps identified in the literature
- A visual representation of the theory (e.g. table, graph, matrix)
- A explanation on how the theory addresses the literature gap identified in Week 5
- A description of how your theory incorporates aspects of systems thinkingSection 5 — Empirical Evaluation Plan for a Public Health Leadership Theory (3–4 pages):You will assess if the newly developed leadership theory addresses the problem you have been working on. What methodological steps will you use? How will you collect data? Suggestion – start with how theories in our text are evaluated. It does not have to be detailed, but it must include the methods, measures and analytic techniques.If the assignments are done correctly, there should be an alignment from the topic of choice to the evaluation:
- The topic is researched in the literature
- The literature review points out a theoretical gap that needs to be addressed by leadership
- The gap is turned into a problem statement
- A leadership theory to address the problem proposed
- The theory is depicted in a visual; and finally
- An evaluation plan describes how the newly developed theory resolves the problem identified in the literature To further help, examples (Two final projects – permission given to post) are located in the Doc Sharing area for this weekSection 6 — Conclusion (1–2 pages)Section 7 — References
- An APA-formatted reference list of 15–20 peer-reviewed, scholarly journalsReferences
- Nahavandi, A. (2014). The art and science of leadership (7th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson.
- Chapter 1, “Definition and Significance of Leadership”
- Chapter 6, “Current Era in Leadership”
- Chapter 7, “Other Leadership Perspectives”
- Chapter 9, “Leading Change”
- Chapter 10, “Developing Leaders”
- Avolio, B. J., Walumbwa, F. O., & Weber, T. J. (2009). Leadership: Current theories, research, and future directions. Annual Review of Psychology, 60(1), 421–449.
Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
- Best, A., & Holmes, B. (2010). Systems thinking, knowledge and action: Towards better models and methods. Evidence & Policy: A Journal of Research, Debate & Practice, 6(2), 145–159.
Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
- Koh, H. (2009). Fostering public health leadership. Journal of Public Health, 31(2), 199–201.
Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
Algorithm Analysis 2, computer science homework help Computer Science Assignment Help
Produce a commented program for Naive-String-Matcher(T, P), page 988. You need only read the text
on page 985 for definitions of terms used in explaining the algorithm on page 988.
You will follow the instructions for Programming Assignments in the syllabus, use the code headers
[posted in Blackboard at Course Documents -> Programming Assignment Support -> Example Code ->
Program Code Header Guidelines (.zip)], and use the Insertion Sort Example [posted in Blackboard at
Course Documents -> Programming Assignment Support -> Example Code -> Insertion Sort Example
(.zip)], to guide you in constructing your solution to this assignment.
1. Be sure to produce a test driver program in a separate file/class from your algorithm program
a. (as demonstrated by examples posted for TestInsertionSort.java and InsertionSort.java)
2. You should be able to read test data from a file
a. (as demonstrated by example data input for TestInsertionSort)
3. Be sure to follow the delivery instructions in the syllabus including:
a. try to limit wrapped lines and prevent truncated lines in your printed output;
b. test case statements and test case results (NOTE: test your program with at least the data in
Figure 32.1 page 985 and Figure 32.4 page 988).
ms project file for work breakdown structure, computer science homework help Computer Science Assignment Help
- Using MS Project.pptx (6.194 MB)
- Sample Project.mpp (332.5 KB)
- sample wbs.xls (30.5 KB)
- Open your MS Project file to a blank project.
- Also open your Work Breakdown Structure assignment that was completed and submitted.
- You will copy the tasks from your WBS into MS Project, indenting deliverables and tasks as shown in the accompanying PowerPoint presentation
- Assign duration and work estimates to each task
- Sequence the tasks by assigning predecessors for each task listed
- Develop a resource sheet and assign resource(s) to each task listed.
- The end result will be a complete project schedule.
- Be sure to use the PowerPoint as a resource.
- Submit your assignment to the assignment link above.
In this am going to upload my wbs file according to that prepare ms project file
Not All Companies Are Viewed as Equal, business and finance homework help Business Finance Assignment Help
Not All Companies Are Viewed as Equal, business and finance homework help Business Finance Assignment Help