Performance Management report, management homework help Business Finance Assignment Help. Performance Management report, management homework help Business Finance Assignment Help.
Performance Management Homework
The purpose of this assignment is to develop a performance management process for an existing job, have a manager give you feedback on the process, then use the process and evaluate its effectiveness for yourself. The assignment will involve establishing methods for planning performance, providing feedback during the execution of performance, assessing performance, reviewing performance, and renewing and recontracting performance.
Part I – Create a performance management instrument/process.
Using your job description, and any additional materials you have at hand (e.g. past performance reviews, strategic planning documents, training materials, etc.), create a performance management process. The performance management process should include the following components:
1) Identify the purpose of rating – tell me how the rating system you are proposing will be used.Ratings that are done for developmental purposes are less likely to have an overall summary “number” as a final result, and are more likely to focus on how to help the employee improve after the rating has been given (thus, they may include developmental plans, educational goals, etc.)Ratings that are done for personnel decisions vary depending on the type of personnel decision made.For example, a raise-related rating may be a single number that expresses an overall performance level, whereas a layoff rating may involve ranking employees.
2) Identify the people who have first-hand information about performance – who will participate in the performance management process.These are people you might talk with when determining performance expectations in step 3 below.Remember that you may need to consult with multiple people to get a complete picture of an employee’s overall performance.
3) Establish performance expectations.
-be sure expectations are job related
-align expectations with corporate goals
-set expectations at “satisfactory” level
-expectations should include both “hard numbers” and behaviors
-make sure that expectations are consistent across all people who perform the job
-involve people with information about performance in setting expectations
-establish the circumstances under which the expectations are required to be met
-distribute finalized expectations (including purpose of appraisal) to employees
4) Create process for collecting and giving feedback on performance information
-determine who collects information, and from whom they collect it
o who has the ability to rate performance information in comparison to standards?
o who has information about performance?
-determine the rating scale that will be used in documenting performance. Consider using the following four-point scale, as follows:
1 = Does Not Meet Expectations
2 = Meets Expectations
3 = Exceeds Expectations
4 = Far Exceeds Expectations
-create any forms that will be needed for data collection and the final performance appraisal report
-determine how employee will get feedback on performance
o feedback must be given as close in time as possible to actual performance
o feedback must contain constructive suggestions for improvement
-determine other means of collecting information
o technical approaches (computer monitoring, etc.)
o routine reports
-create a communication process
o training in giving feedback
o training in using/accepting feedback
-determine how performance information will be documented, collected, and stored
5) Establish results of performance appraisal process
-Determine who will create an overall rating of performance
o eliminate bias
-Determine how rating will be used
-Establish process for combining performance information to create overall rating
o averaging (best for evaluation)
o emerging themes (best for development)
-Create documentation & storage process for final ratings
-Create links between rating and outcomes/rewards (note that ratings are rarely the ONLY criteria for personnel decisions – other factors should be identified and communicated.)
6)Feedback (Part II)
-Determine when performance rating will be given
-Determine how performance rating will be given (paper, in person, both)
-Determine process for incorporating employee feedback into communication process (add listening to process.)
7) Establish an appeals process
-Identify what employees should do when they disagree with rating
Part II – Evaluate your performance management process
The purpose of this part of the assignment is to give you feedback on your work – in particular to find out how well your “theoretical” process might work in the “real world. “There are two ways of doing this, do both.
First, use the process you have developed to evaluate someone’s performance. Using the forms and communication processes you have developed, either get feedback on your own work, or give someone else feedback on their work. It is likely that you will have to involve a supervisor (either your own or someone else’s) in this process. To do that, explain clearly that you have created a new process for a class, and that your professor has asked you to get feedback on how well it works. Be sure that everyone concerned knows that any information given will be for the class project only, and offer to sign a statement to that effect if necessary.
The second part of the evaluation process will be to get comments from the people who might use your process – both reviewers (managers) and reviewees (employees.)Talk to at least two people who might use the performance management form, and two people who might be reviewed using that form. Find out from them what they think of the process in terms of:
o usability (time needed to complete, complexity of process, etc.)
Using the information above, assess the effectiveness of your proposed performance management process, and recommend any changes you would like to make to the process to make it more effective in the future.
Performance Management report, management homework help Business Finance Assignment Help[supanova_question]
Prototype and Card Sorting Exercise, computer science homework help Programming Assignment Help
Prototype and Card Sorting Exercise-Fall 2017
1- Choose any single screen interface that you think needs improvement. What interface did you choose? Why do you think that it’s poorly designed (write a few sentences)? You MUST include a screen shot of the current version.
2- Based on the content (menu choices or other options) on the existing screen, create a card sorting exercise. Make sure to use a THICK pen (e.g. a sharpie), not a ballpoint pen, so that the text on the cards is readable. Describe how you performed the card sorting exercise. How many people performed the card sort (Must have a minimum of two people,)? Did they accurately represent the target user population (if not, just say so, you won’t be penalized)? You must list the items on each of the cards below, and you must include at least two pictures, one of each of the card sortings, after they had been sorted. Please make sure that the graphic quality is such that I can read the words on the cards. What were the labels assigned to each grouping by the users? What did you learn from the card sorting?
3-Given your thoughts on why the screen interface was bad, and given the data from the card sorting exercise, please provide a prototype drawing (using any technical tool), for how you would improve the interface. You MUST use arrows to call out the specific features that are improvements, and write a paragraph describing the specific improvements.
minimum of two double-spaced pages plus your map(s), a 500 word minimum Writing Assignment Help
Indigenous peoples or cultures can be defined as people native to a specific geographic area. These ethnic groups will share common social characteristics that help to identify them as a distinct group of people. This exercise is designed to help you explore an indigenous group that may not be very well known. There are hundreds of these groups around the world, varying widely in population and characteristics. Be aware that nationalities and religious affiliations are not true indigenous groups. There is no single website that works for all indigenous groups, but the links listed below may be a good place to start.
Remember that you will be looking for indigenous groups, which by definition are often groups of people that are not necessarily integrated into main stream society, so web pages may not be an everyday concept in their culture. There is good information out there, but it can be difficult to find. Be patient, and do not resort to Wikipedia.Investigating an indigenous culture:
- Choose an indigenous group to research. Be careful to select a specific group of indigenous people, not an association of groups. For example, the First Nations Assembly in Canada is an association of several of their indigenous peoples and would be very difficult to use in completing this assignment. Any one of the groups within that assembly would, however, be an appropriate choice.
- Find at least two good sources of information on your group. Be sure to provide a complete bibliography of all the sources you use, and cite them in your text summary as appropriate. Please note that Wikipedia is NOT an acceptable source of information.
- Locate and label their location on a blank map(s). Do not download any maps that have your group’s information already mapped—you must make your own map!
- Start with a blank outline map, and then add shading, city and country place names, physical features, etc. that help to describe the location of your group. A good map will include your own key or legend that clearly identifies the symbols you use.
- Depending on what group you have chosen, you may want to use more than one map. You may need a world map to show their general location, and then a regional or country map to allow you to show more detail.
- A good finished map will include your labels for geographic references to surrounding areas as well as pinpointing the region native to your group. Be sure you find a map scale that allows you to provide adequate detail in describing the location of your people. All labels on your maps should be done by your hand, no computer printed labeling or shading are acceptable.
- Using the information from all the sources you consult, write a summary of your group. In your own words, describe your chosen group. For example, where do they live, what is their natural environment (climate, resources, etc.), what are some characteristic of their culture, what language(s) do they speak, what are some unique things about this group, these could include things like language, music, rituals, traditional foods etc.
- Conclude your summary with a paragraph of your impressions. For example, did you know this culture existed? Do you think they will maintain their indigenous identity or are they an endangered culture? What may be some of the threats to this culture maintaining its identity?
- No page limits, but you should have a minimum of two double-spaced pages plus your map(s), a 500 word minimum. Use the proper required format for our exercises and turn in a printed copy by March 3rd.
Sports Management, management homework help Business Finance Assignment Help
Your Diversity Training Program Presentation should be drafted as though you were providing the actual training using your presentation as the major resource for the training. The audience is an audience that would be typical for the team, sport industry segment, or sport related company that you represent. If you do not have a team or organization, then use a hypothetical sport team or sport organization of your choosing. The key is every element of your presentation must directly relate to the audience that you have selected.
Reflect over the entirety of the course and any experiences that you have had while constructing your training program. The resources provided this week should serve as excellent reference material. Also, remember to use APA format to cite sources and add a reference slide at the end of your presentation.
Here are the items that can guide your presentation and training program:
While making use of the resources and activities provided in class, you are to prepare a PowerPoint presentation (limit 20 slides) that captures the main points that you would present in a 45-60 minute training session. You may add sound, if you like.
What are the major objectives or learning outcomes?
What are the key terms and phrases that you would want your people to know?
What are the legal and administrative terms and practices?
How would you introduce the essential elements of diversity to the team?
What activities would you include (include directions, if necessary)?
What other components of the training would you include?
How would you end/summarize the presentation?
IT Infrastructure for a Small Firm Project, computer science homework help Computer Science Assignment Help
*I have Phase 1, 2 and 3 Documents that has been completed for you to review and put together for Phase 4.*
Option #1: IT Infrastructure for a Small Firm
For Option #1, you will develop a technology project proposal that outlines a technology plan for a small firm. In Option #1, you have been hired as an IT expert by a small firm to set up an office for 20 staff members, half of whom will work with desktop computers, and the remaining with laptop computers using wireless networks. The office will use one networked laser printer, accessible both from the desktop and laptop computers. The desktop computers will use a wired network, while the laptop computers will employ a wireless network to print and access the Internet.
You will incorporate Phases 1-3 in your Portfolio Project as a technological proposal. Phases 1-3 serve as the basis of the project deliverable section in the technological proposal, which you will submit as a full project (Phase 4) in Module 8. ****(PHASE 1-3 DOCUMENTS ARE ATTACHED BELOW)***
- Statement of the Problem or Need: Write a description of the purpose/need/rationale for a small firm. What problem(s) are you planning to solve for a small firm?
- Project Deliverables: Write a description of the necessary hardware components and software to set up computer systems for the business/firm. Phase 1 of the Portfolio Project is due in Module 2.
Keep in mind that you will update the project deliverable section as you complete different phases and when you receive feedback from your instructor.
- Project Beneficiaries: Write a description of who will derive direct benefit from the project and how they will benefit.
- Project Deliverables: Write a description of the computer network hardware necessary to set up the computer networks and the necessary software and protocols.
Keep in mind that you will update the project deliverable section as you complete different phases. Phase 2 of the Portfolio Project is due in Module 4.
- Assumptions and Constraints: Write a description of any assumptions and constraints regarding the project. Are there any assumptions made so far or constraints identified in the project? Are there any constraints or anything that would restrict the ability to achieve the IT project objectives successfully?
- Project Deliverables: Write a description of what is necessary to acquire and install the computer and network security hardware and software. Phase 3 of the Portfolio Project is due in Module 6.
In Phase 4 you will include revisions based on feedback from your instructor, and you will incorporate what you have learned throughout the term. Your technological proposal should include the following:
- Statement of the Current Problem: Describe the purpose/need/ rationale for the IT project. What problem is this IT project designed to address?
- Project Deliverables and Beneficiaries: Describe the objective of the IT project; what is the IT project to achieve, create, or deliver? Please identify who will derive a direct benefit from the expected outcome.
- Time Factors: Are there any time factors, such as deadlines, that should be considered in your IT implementation proposal? Create a timeline for implementation.
- Qualifications: Write a short description of your qualifications.
- Project Assumptions and Constraints: Are there any assumptions made so far or constraints identified in the project? Are there any constraints or anything that would restrict the ability to achieve the IT project objectives successfully?
- Project Risks: Are there any risks associated with the IT project? For instance, will there be data that should not be available to the public? Are there any risks that might prevent a successful project outcome?
- Project Expenses: Please indicate what IT expenses will be associated with this project as well as the sources for funding. Provide the most accurate estimates that you can, which includes the cost to complete the project and maintenance after the project.
The Portfolio Project should meet the following requirements:
- Ten to twelve pages (minimum) in length, not including the cover and reference pages.
- Formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.
- Cite a minimum of five to seven sources, five of which should be academic peer-reviewed scholarly sources and in-text citations to support your responses, in addition to your textbook. The CSU-Global library is a great place to find these resources.
Internal Control and Business Information, accounting homework help Business Finance Assignment Help
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board
area, write 300–400 words that respond to the following questions with
your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for
future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use
examples to reinforce your ideas.
Library Research Project
You have learned that the internal control framework for most U.S.
companies is the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway
Commission (COSO) Internal Control — Integrated Framework, which was
issued in 1992.
Using the Library and other research tools, complete the following:
- Identify the Treadway Commission and discuss its origin, history, and purpose.
- List the 5 components of internal control as defined by COSO.
- Discuss at least 2–3 elements that are included in each component as it relates to Bovar Company.(PLEASE INCLUDE REFERENCES IN APA FORMAT.) *****Very IMPORTANT ——->>>>>>
- The assignment has 3 sections.
- Discuss the Treadway Commission’s origin, history, and purpose.
- Discuss the five components of internal control.
- You will need to discuss at least 2 to 3 elements for each component as it relates to Bovar.
Internal Control and Business Information, accounting homework help Business Finance Assignment Help[supanova_question]
competions Economics Assignment Help
Define institutions in the context of business strategy, and explain the role of institutions when considering entering a foreign market. Explain the role of culture in how these institutions are shaped. Provide at least one example of a country where weak institutions may serve as a barrier to entry for a firm.
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- 4-6 pages in length
- Support your analysis by referencing and citing at least three credible sources in addition to the course textbook. The SEU Virtual Library is an excellent place to search for scholarly articles.
- Use Saudi Electronic University academic writing standards and APA style guidelines, citing references as appropriate.
innovative approach, management homework help Business Finance Assignment Help
Post-it notes were invented when a 3M chemist was striving to develop a stronger, tougher adhesive but invented a product that retained its stickiness while peeling apart easily. This discovery, combined with a colleague who, six years later, while looking for a bookmark that would not fall out, created an innovative product used ubiquitously today (Glass, 2013). Innovation can occur in the most unlikely scenarios and can be found in the way a company is structured, the product or services provided, or the style of communication. Evaluate a company that has utilized an innovative approach to improve their positioning, profitability, or sustainability. Was there a time when being innovative helped you either professionally or personally? Provide research via the Internet (from a credible source) and cite your posting in proper APA format and ensure that your posting provides a minimum of five paragraphs.
Glass, N. (2013, April 4). The hallelujah moment behind the invention of the Post-it note. Retrieved from http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/04/tech/post-it-note-hi…
group dynamics, management homework help Business Finance Assignment Help
- What is the most important thing when forming a group?
- Joe comes in frazzled and unprepared with an excuse. He gets upset and sometimes has meltdowns. What kind of difficult person is he?
- What is Hidden agenda-group dynamics? How can they help? How can they hurt groups?
- List 4 dynamics you could observe and how they differ from group to team?
- Identify 3 dysfunctional behaviors in a group, what causes them?
- Who is the father of group dynamics? How did he get this title?
- You are a member of a team of 25, with people who come in and out and others who call in sick. Is this a group or team?
- What is social loafing in a group?
Strategic Change: Case Study, business and finance homework help Business Finance Assignment Help
Purpose of Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is to provide a chance for the student to examine an existing organization and apply research to identify opportunities for strategic change.
Develop a 1,050-word essay to identify one global creative organization, as defined in Ch. 10 and 11 of Mastering Leadership.
Analyze the opportunities for strategic change that are evident, citing evidence.
Include considerations of culture and structure in addressing those opportunities.
Include the following:
- Identify one organization that could be considered creative, based on definitions in Mastering Leadership.
- Determine whether or not you believe the organization meets those criteria. Explain why.
- Discuss the impact of organizational culture and structure on that opportunity for strategic change.
- Formulate conclusions including personal learning on your analysis.
Format your assignment consistent with APA guidelines.