Please submit a type-written report (2-3 pages) of the interview.
Your report of the interview should:
1. Describe who you interviewed. Give some background information about the person and how you
know him/her. Please maintain confidentiality of your source if requested.
2. Explain why you chose to interview this person.
3. Explain any preconceived ideas about what you thought the person might say about leadership.
4. List your interview questions followed by a summary how the person you interviewed responded
to each question.
5. Describe what you learned and give evidence to support what you learned through your
investigation. In particular, you should offer selected quotes from the person you interviewed.
6. Describe how what you learned contributed to your overall understanding of leadership
7. Describe your reaction to what your learned from your investigation. Were you surprised,
humbled, inspired, disappointed etc?
Identify a leader with whom you are familiar. This can be a person who is designated by position as a leader or someone you have observed as leading regardless of position.
Here are the required questions you should ask. Feel free to add some of your own questions.
1. Please tell me a little bit about yourself? What’s your background?
2. What experiences with leading have you had?
3. How do you define leadership?
4. What’s your approach to leadership?
5. What do you think makes a great leader?
6. What do you think makes a not-so-great leader?
7. How would you like to be perceived as a leader?
8. What does it mean to be an ethical leader?
9. What kinds of things would you recommend people do if they want to become good leaders?