summarize ans essay Humanities Assignment Help. summarize ans essay Humanities Assignment Help.
How to Summarize a Research Article
Research articles use a standard format to clearly communicate information about an
experiment. A research article usually has seven major sections: Title, Abstract,
Introduction, Method, Results, Discussion, and References.
Determine your focus
The first thing you should do is to decide why you need to summarize the article. If the
purpose of the summary is to take notes to later remind yourself about the article you may
want to write a longer summary. However, if the purpose of summarizing the article is to
include it in a paper you are writing, the summary should focus on how the articles
relates specifically to your paper.
Reading the Article
Allow enough time. Before you can write about the research, you have to understand it.
This can often take a lot longer than most people realize. Only when you can clearly
explain the study in your own words to someone who hasn’t read the article are you ready
to write about it.
Scan the article first. If you try to read a new article from start to finish, you’ll get
bogged down in detail. Instead, use your knowledge of APA format to find the main
points. Briefly look at each section to identify:
- the research question and reason for the study (stated in the Introduction)
- the hypothesis or hypotheses tested (Introduction)
- how the hypothesis was tested (Method)
- the findings (Results, including tables and figures)
- how the findings were interpreted (Discussion)
Underline key sentences or write the key point (e.g., hypothesis, design) of each
paragraph in the margin. Although the abstract can help you to identify the main points,
you cannot rely on it exclusively, because it contains very condensed information.
Remember to focus on the parts of the article that are most relevant.
Read for depth, read interactively. After you have highlighted the main points, read each
section several times. As you read, ask yourself these questions:
- How does the design of the study address the research questions?
- How convincing are the results? Are any of the results surprising?
- What does this study contribute toward answering the original question?
- What aspects of the original question remain unanswered?
Plagiarism. Plagiarism is always a risk when summarizing someone else’s work. To
- Take notes in your own words. Using short notes or summarizing key points in
your own words forces you to rewrite the ideas into your own words later.
- If you find yourself sticking closely to the original language and making only
minor changes to the wording, then you probably don’t understand the study
- Take notes in your own words. Using short notes or summarizing key points in
Writing the Summary
Like an abstract in a published research article, the purpose of an article summary is to
give the reader a brief overview of the study. To write a good summary, identify what
information is important and condense that information for your reader. The better you
understand a subject, the easier it is to explain it thoroughly and briefly.
Write a first draft. Use the same order as in the article itself. Adjust the length
accordingly depending on the content of your particular article and how you will be using
- State the research question and explain why it is interesting.
- State the hypotheses tested.
- Briefly describe the methods (design, participants, materials, procedure, what was
manipulated [independent variables], what was measured [dependent variables],
how data were analyzed.
- Describe the results. Were they significant?
- Explain the key implications of the results. Avoid overstating the importance of
- The results, and the interpretation of the results, should relate directly to the
For the first draft, focus on content, not length (it will probably be too long). Condense
later as needed. Try writing about the hypotheses, methods and results first, then about
the introduction and discussion last. If you have trouble on one section, leave it for a
while and try another.
If you are summarizing an article to include in a paper you are writing it may be
sufficient to describe only the results if you give the reader context to understand those
For example: “Smith (2004) found that participants in the motivation group scored higher
than those in the control group, confirming that motivational factors play a role in
impression formation”. This summary not only tells the results but also gives some
information on what variables were examined and the outcome of interest. In this case it
is very important to introduce the study in a way that the brief summary makes sense in
the larger context
Edit for completeness and accuracy. Add information for completeness where necessary.
More commonly, if you understand the article, you will need to cut redundant or less
Stay focused on the research question, be concise, and avoid generalities.
Edit for style. Write to an intelligent, interested, naive, and slightly lazy audience (e.g.,
yourself, your classmates). Expect your readers to be interested, but don’t make them
struggle to understand you. Include all the important details; don’t assume that they are
- Eliminate wordiness, including most adverbs (“very”, “clearly”). “The results
clearly showed that there was no difference between the groups” can be shortened
to “There was no significant difference between the groups”.
- Use specific, concrete language. Use precise language and cite specific examples
to support assertions. Avoid vague references (e.g. “this illustrates” should be
“this result illustrates”).
- Use scientifically accurate language. For example, you cannot “prove”
hypotheses (especially with just one study). You “support” or “fail to find support
- Rely primarily on paraphrasing, not direct quotes. Direct quotes are seldom
used in scientific writing. Instead, paraphrase what you have read. To give due
credit for information that you paraphrase, cite the author’s last name and the year
of the study (Smith, 1982).
- Re-read what you have written. Ask others to read it to catch things that you’ve
summarize ans essay Humanities Assignment Help[supanova_question]
book report on the following book “No Bad Kids: Toddler Discipline Without Shame By Lansbury” Writing Assignment Help
Submit an outline of your book here. The outline is meant to help with writing your report. It will help you to organize the main ideas of the book and will help you with writing the book report portion of the assignment.
Here is a guide for what an outline should look like. Slight variations are fine but this guide will help students who aren’t sure about how to create an outline:
Outline Guide (Links to an external site.)
Every book for the report has unique content, but I would anticipate that each chapter outline would be at least one page, so one page per chapter. This means that the basic outline for each chapter will likely take up one page. This outline should have been in progress throughout the semester as discussed. It won’t be a continuous page but likely, the basic outline of each chapter will be more than one page.
The book report isn’t the same as the outline. The instructions for this 150 point project includes: the outline, the book report, the 3-5 points to submit to the board and the discussion participation.
Next: write your book report
Follow these guidelines:
OWL: Book Report
N (Links to an external site.)ote: this is a nonfiction book so characters won’t be included but you can reflect on the ideas in the book and use the above guide.
Your report will include in text citations (Page numbers should be included and are required) from the book you have read to report. (75 points for outline and report)
Submit one page reflecting on how the book connects to the textbook information in the course. Use in text citations and reference here for the textbook. (30 points)
Submit one page with 3 to 5 points in the book that you would like to share with your classmates. Copy and paste this information to the discussion board with your book title and author at the top of your discussion post. (Do not upload the file, but copy and paste info to the board.) (30 points)
Each chapter of your individual books could easily be outlined just as a chapter in a textbook could be. Each chapter would have a main idea and supporting ideas. The outline for a chapter would help you to quickly recap the material covered within that chapter. The outline was meant to keep information cataloged and easy to review so you all would have everything in an easy to read format to refer to when the time came to write your report and to choose the top ideas to share with the class. While you may be able to do this in less than one page, I would like each chapter to be covered in your submitted outline which I first mentioned to the class in September in correspondence.
Outlined information will be unique for each student – you will all see different portions as being important! Please work on each portion of the book report independently. Turn It In will have a location for your outline, report, and the page that you post to the discussion board as well.
This is a major assignment as was meant to be worked on throughout the semester. I do hope you all have been diligently working on this so you won’t be overwhelmed during finals week.
Reality television lacks any artistic value. Writing Assignment Help
Argumentation paper! Avoid logical fallacies, include plenty of logical analysis and concrete evidence (from credible sources) in your appeal, and carefully consider a primary counterargument to your stance and (respectfully) refute it.
This paper should include properly cited quotes or paraphrases from at least three credible sources to support your thesis.
contain a thesis statement that gives me an idea of how you will back this point up and how your support will be organized throughout. It should also fulfill the other requirements of your rubric.
please care about organization! Five paragraphs (1 introduction three main points and conclusion)
Journal #6 Writing Assignment Help
- Journals must be a minimum of 500 words minimum, and you must reply to at least 2 peers. There is no word limit on peer replies, but you must show that you have engaged with your peers’ responses and not simply said “I agree” or “Great post!” A substantial reply could be anywhere between 50 and 150 words. You are not required, but you are encouraged to continue replying to one another throughout the week. Let’s have some great conversations! Failure to meet the word limit will result in a reduced journal grade.
- Ad Hominem attacks will not be tolerated. If you disagree with someone, attack the argument, not the person.
- For every journal, include a summary and analysis of all the texts that you read for the week. Failure to summarize/analyze will result in half credit (or less) for the journal.
- The prompt (this is separate from the summary/analysis) is a guideline, and will usually be open-ended (i.e. not a question with a right or wrong answer. Additionally, I want you to explore your own thoughts and feelings and ideas along with the texts and the subject matter in order to improve your critical reading, writing, and thinking skills.
In addition to the summary/analysis, watch and respond to the following video:
pride and prejudice essay Writing Assignment Help
Write a 6-7 page paper in which you examine Jane Austen’s argument for a marriage based on love instead of a marriage based on gaining financial or social stability in the novel Pride and Prejudice.
Main focus of your argument should be that Jane is offering a new perspective on marriage than what was the norm back then.
Focus mainly on Elizabeth since she is probably the closest representative of Austen’s opinion
– Explain her argument
– Show how Austen criticizes “first impressions” and love solely for money.
However, show how the argument is slightly problematic since Elizabeth ends up marrying the richest man in town.
Only use quotes from Pride and Prejudice to back up your argument.
Write proposal Writing Assignment Help
I want to write proposal for new emoji. The emoji is face mask with cucumber on the eyes. I will add file about the emoji and brief history about it, you should take many information from this file. Also, for the frequency I wrote on the file 3 articles you should add them and add more from hashtag onTwitter, Instagram, or any other article. Please be very care full with the proposal and write it exactly the same Unicode’s requirements.. Regarding the images of the mask emoji do not worry about them I will add them when you finish.
This is the web site you should write the proposal and must meet Unicode’s requirements.
Write proposal Writing Assignment Help[supanova_question]
Using Research to Support an Argument about a Social Issue Humanities Assignment Help
Topic of The Paper : Examine how social media and/or the internet impact the way people perceive sexual activity and how it influences relationships and/or the way individuals perceive themselves, their worth, etc.
- This paper must be typed, double spaced, font: Times New Roman 12 or Arial 10.
- This paper must be at least 4 to 5 pages in length AND must be at least 1000 words long. This generally equals 4 complete pages. Do not exceed 5 pages. The Works Cited page is not included in the page count. If you do not meet the minimum length requirement, you will not earn a passing grade on the paper.
- This paper must supplies evidence from at least four sources as outlined above that are timely, relevant, and credible through the appropriate use of quotes, paraphrases, and summaries of new information that was discovered.
- Your research must be cited properly in MLA Format via in-text citations AND a Works Cited page.
Any plagiarism on this paper or any of the steps in the writing process will lead to immediate failure of this course, so please do not make that mistake.
The Writing Process
To begin your thought process for this essay, and to find a suitable topic, ask yourself the following questions:
- What issue found in society deserves an argument made for it?
- What is an issue I would like to learn more about in order to become better informed?
- What issues matter to my audience, in addition to myself? (Your audience being your peers and instructor)
- What is a timely, complicated, and controversial topic relating to the themes we’ve covered in this unit (see above)?
How is this paper graded?
I will grade your paper based on the following elements:
- Proper essay structure, including a detailed, quality thesis statement that is based on the argument you are conveying to your audience.
- Proper grammar, spelling, syntax, and sentence mechanics.
- Appropriate academic tone.
- A clear, thoughtful, sophisticated, intelligent, and well-supported argument, structured around a detailed thesis statement.
- Clearly conveys research to the audience that logically supports the claim.
- Provides detailed support for the reader in terms of what the issue is, and the possible solutions to the problem, including addressing (by refuting or conceding to) opposing views.
- Supplies evidence from at least four sources as outlined above that are timely, relevant, and credible.
- Appropriately quotes, paraphrases, or summarizes the new information that was discovered.
- Exhibits effective ethos, logos, and pathos when detailing the argument.
- Proper use of MLA in-text citations and a Works Cited Page are required. You cannot earn a passing grade on this assignment without these.
fixed assets / income tax Business Finance Assignment Help
use ch10/ch11 book: Spilker, Taxation of Individuals and Business Entities, 9e (eBook) Spilker, Taxation of Individuals and Business Entities, 9e
Santa’s elf, Bernard, has sent you a list of the assets purchased in 2017 for the workshop and Toyland property, all part of Santa’s Workshop LLC.
All property was purchased new except for the four-wheeler. Santa owned the four-wheeler personally and transferred ownership of the vehicle to the LLC in June of this year. He paid $15,000 when it was new. It’s current fair market value (and at the time of the transfer) is $12,000.
The workbench was delivered to the North Pole workshop at a cost of $5,000. Santa’s elves were too busy to install it, so Santa’s Workshop LLC paid $3,000 to have it professionally installed on the day it was delivered.
Date Purchased Asset Description Cost Basis
10/20/17 Sleigh 120,000
10/31/17 New Reindeer 5,000
11/12/17 New Reindeer 7,000
01/30/17 hammer 20
02/28/17 Workbench 65,000
03/14/17 Table saw 3,000
04/01/17 Conveyor System 82,000
06/15/17 Air conditioning unit replacement 17,000
06/05/17 Used four-wheeler
In addition to the fixed asset additions, the LLC disposed of the following assets in 2017.
The old work bench, purchased at a cost of $50,000, was sold to an unrelated party for $45,000. The workbench had accumulated depreciation of $38,000 at the time of the sale.
Santa’s brother Fred is starting a new delivery venture of his own, so the LLC sold him the old sled. The old sled cost the LLC $100,000 when it was new and had accumulated depreciation of $30,000 at the time of the sale. Fred purchased the sled for its fair market value, $80,000. Unfortunately, Fred was unable to get a loan to buy the sled and did not have enough cash to purchase it outright. Santa, as the CEO of the LLC, agreed to sell the sled to Fred on an installment plan. The agreement calls for Fred to pay the LLC over 10 years with $8,000 paid each year.
Please answer the following questions and provide the requested information for Santa. (And be sure to follow the directions and answer the questions to the best of your ability to avoid getting coal in your stocking this year.)
1. Complete the fixed asset schedule with the new assets.
2. Using the functions embedded in the spreadsheet, the IRS tables and using formulas to complete the calculations figure the amount of depreciation for each asset. Your finished fixed asset schedule should have depreciation for 2017 and 2018 for each asset. You should also total the depreciation expense for the assets for each year. Print out the fixed asset schedule, formatted to one page, and turn in on December 5 in class. Also upload your electronic Excel file to Canvas before class.
3. Calculate the gain or loss for the two disposals in 2017. Be sure to include gain or loss for each year reporting is required for the sale of both assets.
4. Assuming Santa has adequate income, which of the assets obtained this year by the LLC are eligible for Sect. 179? Does Santa have any limitations on the amount of Sect. 179 he would be allowed to take? If so, what are they? If not, why not?
5. Which of Santa’s new assets are eligible for 50% bonus depreciation treatment?
6. Should all the new assets purchased be added to the fixed asset schedule? If not, identify any that should not be added and explain why.
7. Santa has still not named his two new reindeer. If you have any ideas, please share them.
Theater Arts 101: An essay about a play Writing Assignment Help
I’ve uploaded the powerpoint of the play to give you an idea for the essay but you should also include the requirements from my professor.
The play you need to write an essay about is called “The Childrens Hour” by Lillian Hellman
If you need to exceed more than 1 page that is fine!!
Professors Instructions for the essay:
I. The Play and Analysis
- Write a brief summary of the play you have chosen.
- What is the genre of the play?
- What is the structure of the play (climactic, episodic, or situational?)
- Does it contain Classical or Modern Exposition?
- List the Inciting Incident, Crises, and Climax.
- What is the setting of the play? Specifically, what is the period of the play?
- What is your general design concept for the play?
- Are you presenting it in a realistic or non-realistic manner?
- What type of stage will you be using? (proscenium, thrust, etc.)
- What type of set will you use? (box, unit, etc.)
- Are there any special needs or effects that are necessary?
- Will the scenery need to move?
- How will you deal with set changes?
- Will the costumes be appropriate to the period, or are you changing the time period?
- Will there be any wigs?
- Are there any special make up needs?
- Will you be using realistic or non-realistic lighting?
- What sort of moods will you need to create?
- Will you need any practicals on your set?
- Will you need to create sense of time with your lights?
V. Characters (Choose 2 characters to discuss)
- List the characters 3 traits. Be descriptive
- Discuss the characters’ objectives and obstacles.
- Describe the character arcs of both characters.
- Briefly describe why you chose this play.
- What do you like or dislike about this play?
write a response to Norman Borlaughs letter to the Independent newspaper. Writing Assignment Help
Your goal for this assignment is to write a response to Norman Borlaugh’s letter to the Independent newspaper. Using the readings we have done in class and by drawing on sources you have identified through your own research, try to evaluate the legacy that GM crops might have on world agricultural systems. Are they good, bad or just plain complicated?
They exact way you choose to organize your response is up to you (hence the lack of clearly allocated points below), but make sure you should assess the risks and known benefits of GM crops in terms of the environment, production and social impacts. You should also outline a clear position, on what points do you agree with Borlaugh and on what points do you disagree. Substantiate your arguments for this agreement or disagreement.
Other questions to think about as you structure this essay:
1.) Identify who the main players are on either side of the debate. What blind spots might each side have?
2.) Do you think that the United States should be donating GM crops as aid to other countries? What are the benefits and risks for both the United States and the receiving nations?
3.) Is transgenic modification the same as the domestication? Based on your knowledge of the first part of class, how does it differ?
4.) Provide suggestions as to how humans might better begin to interact with these crops.
Hint: make sure to also define in your essay what a GM crop is and what it is not.
Make sure to cite at least five different sources in your paper using a standard citation style such as Current Anthropology. 7 pages, 12pt, double-spaced, Times font, 1” margins.