Tattoo as an Artform. Tattoo as an Artform.
I need an explanation for this Art & Design question to help me study.
Select a specific image of a tattoo, then post a 500-750 word analysis explaining whether you think it is an example of Fine Art or Folk Art. You will base your analysis on the concepts from the reading and videos.
To help you think about your answer and your responses, consider the following:
- What are the main features of the tattoo?
- What makes it unique?
- What is the level of skill or training required to execute it?
- Is there a tradition behind the design?
- Is the tattoo a symbol of a group?
- What type of statement is being made?
What is the Purpose or Function of the tattoo?
- Social or political commentary?
- Worship or Ritual?
Please Cite sources.
Also the tattoo I chose is uploaded