Truth-Function Logic: Proofs, assignment help Humanities Assignment Help. Truth-Function Logic: Proofs, assignment help Humanities Assignment Help.
I need help solving proofs from Exercise 5-7 #8-23 (on page 59 of the PDF NOT Textbook page # like 271)
Construct the deductions for each of the following proofs. By the given premises, use the rules for deduction to get to the “:.” answer. For each line provide the rule used & number the lines.
1. P -> Q (Premise)
2. R -> S (Premise)
3. Q -> ~S (Premise) /:. P -> ~R
4. P -> ~S CA 1,3
5. ~S -> ~R CONTR 2
:. 6. P -> ~R CA 4,6
Truth-Function Logic: Proofs, assignment help Humanities Assignment Help[supanova_question]
Arbitration Paper, management homework help Business Finance Assignment Help
Hello, Please create a research brief paper answering the below questions:
- Write a research brief on the topic of arbitration cases which answers the following questions:
- What factors, other than the facts of the case, can influence an arbitrator’s judgment and decision? Provide case examples that illustrate these factors.
- Do these factors pose a problem? Why or why not? What if anything should be done?
- Have these factors changed during the past 10 years?
- What advice would you give the managers and union representatives based on your research in preparing for an arbitration case?
- Use appropriate section headings to organize your brief.
- Utilize Blooms Taxonomy & Critical Writing as a guide
- Your research brief should be 600-800 words and include a title page and reference page. The paper must use APA 6th edition formatting. You must use, at a minimum, your (a) Holley, W. H., Jennings, K. M., & Wolters, R. S. (2012). The labor relations process (10th Ed.). Mason, OH: South-Western., and two sources from professional and/or peer reviewed journals for a total of three references. References should be at least 3-5 pages and published within the last 3-5 years.
https://www.law360.com/capitalmarkets/articles/846… – In The Hot Seat: Wells Fargo Displays Arbitration’s Failure
Health Care Analysis, marketing homework help Business Finance Assignment Help
Choose an existing health care organization.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper on the organization of your choice.
Include the following:
- Describe the four Ps–product, price, place, and promotion–and explain how and why they are important to the organization’s success.
- Examine the relationship between the organization’s marketing and its partnerships. Explain how and why those partnerships are valuable to the organization.
- Determine the target market, including demographics, psychographics, and data from the general area in which the organization is located. Explain why understanding target market is vital to a successful marketing plan.
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.
Can someone help me to do the economic questions?, homework help Economics Assignment Help
It’s about macroeconomic. These questions maybe will involve “Fiscal Policy”, “National Debt”, “Basics of Money and Banking”, “Monetary Policy”. I will keep uploading the question continuously during one and a half hours. You need to do these questions as quick as possible. Also after you finish one question send the answer to me immediately, then just start to do the next question. By the way, you can pick anytime that you think is appropriate for you to do this work. Before you are deciding to do this work, make sure you have to be very focus on this work during this one and a half hour. If you did great job, I will give extra tip to you. 🙂
The “Precision Machines”, writing homework help Business Finance Assignment Help
Precision Machines is preparing a financial plan for the next six months to determine the financial needs of the company. The historical analysis of the company’s sales shows that the company’s total sales are 30% cash sales and 70% credit sales. Further analysis of credit sales shows that the company receives 50% of the credit sales one month after the sale and the remaining 50% in the second month after the sale. This means the cash collections from sales are 30% in the first month of the sale, 35% in the second month, and 35% in the third month.
The materials purchased by the company amounts to 50% of the sales for the month. The company pays for the purchases one month after the initial purchase. The company likes to maintain a cash balance of $5,000. The cost of borrowing is 10%. The company plans to pay off the loan whenever there is a surplus and borrow when there is a deficit.
The attached spreadsheet shows revenues (sales), expenses, capital expenditures, and other expenses for Precision Machines’ next six months. Using the information given on the spreadsheet, prepare a cash budget for January through June and determine the cash surplus, deficit, and the financing needs of the company.
International Finance Discussion Questions, business and finance homework help Business Finance Assignment Help
Please answer these – roughly 3 paragraphs each question. This must be submitted in the timeline given as there is a strict deadline.
1)Lexington Co. is a U.S.‑based MNC with subsidiaries in most major countries. Each subsidiary is responsible for forecasting the future exchange rate of its local currency relative to the U.S. dollar. Comment on this policy. How might Lexington Co. ensure consistent forecasts among the different subsidiaries?
2)In August 2001, Woodsen Inc. of Pittsburgh, PA considered the development of a large subsidiary in Greece. In response to the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack on the U.S., its expected cash flows and earnings from this acquisition were reduced only slightly. Yet, the firm decided to retract its offer because of an increase in its required rate of return on the project, which caused the NPV to be negative. Explain why the required rate of return on its project may have increased after the attack.
3)Packer, Inc., a U.S. producer of computer disks, plans to establish a subsidiary in Mexico in order to penetrate the Mexican market.Packer’s executives believe that the Mexican peso’s value is relatively strong and will weaken against the dollar over time. If their expectations about the peso value are correct, how will this affect the feasibility of the project? Explain.
4)UVA Co. is a U.S.‑based MNC that obtains 40 percent of its foreign supplies from Thailand. It also borrows Thailand’s currency (the baht) from Thai banks and converts the baht to dollars to support U.S. operations. It currently receives about 10 percent of its revenue from Thai customers. Its sales to Thai customers are denominated in baht. Explain how UVA Co. can reduce its economic exposure to exchange rate fluctuations.
5)If the potential return is high enough, any degree of country risk can be tolerated. Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not? Do you think that a proper country risk analysis can replace a capital budgeting analysis of a project considered for a foreign country? Explain.
6)If the Trump Administration doesimposerestrictions on Chinese imports as they claim they will, would the amount of DFI by China change at all and if so how?.
International Finance Discussion Questions, business and finance homework help Business Finance Assignment Help[supanova_question]
Bachman diagrams, computer science homework help Computer Science Assignment Help
the modeling technique : Bachman diagrams
- Describe the modeling technique that you were assigned in your own words.
- Find one example of how it is used in the real world and provide it.
- Is it implemented into any commercial database systems? If yes, please give a link to it.
- What querying language would one use to query a database in this format?
- What is the benefit of using this modeling approach? Why is that benefit important?
- What is the drawback or challenge of using this approach? Why is
that challenge a problem for someone who may want to use this technique?
- What is the measure of “goodness” for this design? Describe how one would go about measuring goodness for this technique.
- Does this model need special hardware to store the database, or does
it have some unique feature to the way it stores data (essentially how
does it interact with hardware). Include a discussion about the physical
interactions with hardware/storage.
- Are there any security concerns about the model? How does it factor
into security. If you feel this doesn’t apply to your model, describe
in general what you have found regarding security and data modeling.
All questions should have an insightful answer. Spent at most
one page, single space answering each question. If you cannot find a
lot of information for one aspect, at least discuss what the general
concerns are for the topic, all of which can be found in your textbook.
DO NOT put “does not apply to my model” for an answer. If you do this,
you will get a lot of points taken off. Answer all questions in a .doc
file or .rtf file. Start each answer on its own page. Cite your work
using IEEE citation method – numbering and copying the URL into a works
cited list will be fine – document where you got it from but don’t
stress about documentation. Remember, some of these answers may need
you to look at ACM.
These papers will use turnitin.com. You can have exact quotes for at
most 10% of the paper. Any more will be graded severely down, possibly
subject to failure.
Computer Human Interaction, computer science assignment help Computer Science Assignment Help
I need at least two paragraph written on the following topic:
Review this TED video about the rise of human-computer cooperation. What aspect of cooperation discussed in the video was of most surprise to you?
Describe some of the opportunities and benefits this capability provides to society, and also any potential risks you see in the use of this technology. Provide examples of the concept that you may interact with today.
I will also need a peer response to each of the posts written by my classmates:
1) Something that surprised me in this video is how big of a part computers play in things like terrorist activity, this is not something I would have previously thought could be researched in that way.
I really like this video and it makes sense if you think about it. Humans are the ones programming the computers so the computer only knows what a human tells them. What they are able to do that humans can’t is stay consistent and do them on a much larger scale (amongst other things). I think that the future of human-computer cooperation is bright. With humans continually utilizing technology we can improve so many things. One thing I saw recently is a machine that can perform surgery and do the most tedious of tasks with the consistency that a human may never be able to reach.
I know there is the common scare of computers getting too smart and taking over, but behind every smart computer is a smarter human giving it direction. Computers do not have the intuition that people do, so I never see this becoming an issue.
2) Hello Class,
After watching the video a few times (because, to be honest, a lot of the terminology was beyond me), I think that the most interesting and surprising aspect of human-computer cooperation was the concept of Intelligence Augmentation (IA). Shyam Sankar describes IA by quoting one of J. C. R. Licklider’s (1915-1990) visions: “Enable man and machine to cooperate in making decisions in controlling complex situations without the inflexible dependence on predetermined programs” (2012). You understand why I watched the video a few times… what does this quote mean exactly? Well, Sankar goes on to state “not to take a toaster and make Data from Star Trek, but take a human and make her more capable” (2012). Like Artificial Intelligences (AI)? Not quite. While Data from Star Trek is a machine integrated with human likeness, or AI, IA is more like taking the human brain and enhancing it in some technological way. Such ways as neuroengineering and brain-computer interfaces (Michael Anissimov, 2016). Wow! Just, wow!
I think the biggest opportunity this could afford society is the potential of making everyone smarter. This may seem like a pretty basic statement, but, this is what I see if IA ever comes to life. As the brain is the mainframe for thinking, computing, and acting, a higher level of intelligence seems like an ideal concept. I also see a benefit with brain-computer interfaces. To me this means being able to link or access a computer with just your mind, with an action switch or command imbedded in your brain. This benefit could work both ways; while you use your brain to access the computer, the computer also transmits information directly to your brain eliminating the need for a monitor or hardcopy of the information.
Some risks involved with IA include malfunction of the technological enhancements. For instance, in brain-computer interface, the device used to link the two could short circuit or break. Having such a device linked to the brain could also fry the brain if any such problems arise. Another risk could be incompatibility to the technology. For instance, some people cannot get a tattoo or a piercing because their body automatically rejects the ink or jewelry and eventually pushes the “foreign body” out of the skin. A final risk to this IA technology would be possible virus attacks to the technology, thus to the person utilizing the technology as well.
Unfortunately, I do not know of any examples of this concept that I may be using today. Aside from using the internet to go to school online to further my education, I’ve got nothing. Maybe some of my classmates may have a better idea here than I. Additionally, I am not entirely sure if the benefits of IA outweigh the risks here, or vice versa. I suppose only time will tell how far this technology can and will go. I only hope I am still around to see it.
Sankar, S. (June 2012) The rise of human-computer cooperation. TED.com. Found at: http://www.ted.com/talks/shyam_sankar_the_rise_of_human_computer_cooperation#t-113419
Anissimov, M. (10 Dec. 2016) What is intelligence augmentation (IA)? wisegeek.com. Found at: http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-intelligence-augmentation-ia.htm
TYSON’S CASE PRESENTATION, philosophy assignment help Humanities Assignment Help
Paper 2 Guidelines
We’ve arrived! Your second paper! It should be 2-3 double-spaced pages (12 Font), following this basic structure:
1. INTRODUCTION: this includes a thesis statement and a lead-in for your reader, briefly explaining what you are going to do in the paper; include a mention of the relevant authors/philosophers (full name) and their relevant works
2. EXPLANATION/BACKGROUND: this includes a clear exposition and explanation of the important arguments/views/ideas that the paper is addressing; this sets the stage for your argument for your thesis
3. ARGUMENT: this is the analytic/philosophic heart of the paper, in which you make your case for your thesis
4. SUMMARY: here you briefly review what you have done in the paper, to wrap it up for your reader
Keep in mind that you are writing for a reader! By the time you get to the composition of your final draft, it all may seem to you like it’s getting old. But remember that it’s new to your reader. Make sure the paper is self-contained so that your reader can follow it without having to go to sources to figure it out. Write for an intelligent person who has not taken a philosophy course. (Pick a favorite friend, for example.)
TOPICS: Please choose one of the general topics below :
1. Select one of Aquinas’s arguments for the existence of God. Carefully explain it and give your own analysis (in your own words). Evaluate the strength of the argument.
2. Explain Descartes’ method of doubt as it is applied in Med. 1. Explore what life lessons there are in this way of examining what one knows.
3. Neil DeGrasse Tyson has an intriguing response to the argument from design (for the existence of God). Select some aspect of his presentation to carefully explain and analyze. (Video presented in the Announcements.)
4. Does Tyson present a convincing case against the argument from design? Explain his view and support your answer.
Organize your papers around the given structure. Tell your reader what you will be doing in the paper and introduce the major players, in a short introduction. Take your time! This is not a research paper ~~~ no outside sources, please! Use the bright light of your own intelligence and imagination, our e-Resources and our class Discussions as your primary sources.
These papers should demonstrate the standards for solid analytical college papers, which include good grammar, clear organization utilizing paragraphs, a clearly stated thesis and an argument for that thesis. Formal footnotes aren’t necessary. You may give initials of any text and page number, or e-Resource title, in parentheses *after* the sentence.
Describe one aspect of each of the following areas which could impact her business, law homework help Business Finance Assignment Help
- Your roommate Sandy is a bit overwhelmed hearing your thoughts on the legal environment surrounding running a business. She doesn’t quite believe how existing laws, regulations, common law practices, case law and even the Constitution can be so important in her efforts each day to simply sell a piece of bubble art at Bubble Inc. and asked you to narrow it down for her. Describe one aspect of each of the following areas which could impact her business on any given day and steps she should take to protect herself in relation to the issue you identify
B. Intellectual, Personal or Real Property