University of South Carolina Columbia Geometry of Archimedes and Eratosthenes Paper Mathematics Assignment Help. University of South Carolina Columbia Geometry of Archimedes and Eratosthenes Paper Mathematics Assignment Help.
need a paper of 10 pages about The Geometry of Archimedes and Eratosthenes discuss at least three mathematicians from the given period, their work, and some of their important contributions.
Here are some source you may use. you can use other sources as well:
. Knorr, Wilbur, The Ancient Tradition of Geometric Problems, Birkhäuser, 1986.
Berlinghoff, William P., and Fernando Q. Gouvêa, Math Through the Ages: A Gentle History for Teachers and Others, Expanded Edition, Oxton House and MAA, 2004.
Boyer, Carl B. and (revised by) Uta Merzbach, A History of Mathematics, New York: John Wiley, 2nd ed., 1989.
Let me know if you need more sources.
University of South Carolina Columbia Geometry of Archimedes and Eratosthenes Paper Mathematics Assignment Help[supanova_question]
PHE 550 Dutchess Community College Tuberculosis in Bangladesh Paper Humanities Assignment Help
Your short paper submission should be 2 to 3 pages in length. It will be double-spaced, using 12-point Times New Roman font, oneinch margins, and APA style for citations and formatting. You will need to include at least two resources, one to support your statistics on the burden of disease and one that provides evidence of a successful intervention.
For this short paper assignment, analyze the impact of the tuberculosis burden in garment factory workers in Bangladesh, including an exploration of successful intervention
-Compare the major burden of disease that you have chosen to other types of burdens. You only need a cursory overview of other burdens here; consider that this comprises about 25% of your paper, so it should only consume about half a page or a long paragraph at most.
-Assess how the major burden of disease fits into the epidemiologic transition and approximately where the country is in the transition.
-Describe what the population looks like in terms of age and distribution, as well as poverty levels.
-Analyze one intervention that has successfully addressed this burden of the disease in the country. What, in your opinion, made the intervention successful?
Troy University Quality Function Deployment in Food Products Discussion Business Finance Assignment Help
Quality Function Deployment (QFD) brings the voice of the customer into design and development, focused on improving customer satisfaction. Apply your knowledge of QFD to a situation in your organization and discuss how this can be used to improve customer satisfaction in your situation. Also consider how this relates to the cost of quality and discuss at least one of the 4 types of quality costs as it relates to your example of QFD. What would you recommend to improve this situation? If you have an example of a success, you may provide this instead, including the cost of quality and QFD.
EIU Performance Appraisals Training & Development & Hilton Case Study Discussion Humanities Assignment Help
PLEASE ANSWER EACH QUESTION SEPARATE AND IN GREAT DETAIL!! EACH REPLY SHOULD BE AT LEAST 500 WORDS!!!!!!
1. Please explain why, in your opinion, do many supervisors dislike or even avoid giving employees performance feedback. Further, explain what a supervisor can do to minimize distortions in the appraisal process.
2. Assume you have been hired as a Training Manager for your organization and have been asked to develop a new training program to develop new managers; discuss how you, after developing the skills profile, would go about selecting instructors and learning activities to meet the different levels of skill needed by new managers. Focus this discussion on the skills you identified in discussion four and rated in discussion five.
Discuss how the selection of instructors and activities for manager training (advanced skills) might differ from a training program for technicians or line employees (beginner skills).
3. Look at the list of the 2019 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For and the list of the 100 Best Workplaces for Diversity. Find a company that is on both lists that you think would be good to work for.
- Company Name
- What made you select this company? Why do you think it would be a good place to work? Why did it peak your interest?
- Stats from the diversity list – % of minorities, % of women, % of boomers or older, % of people with disabilities, % of lgbtq
- Go to the company’s website
- What do you find on their website regarding diversity?
- What benefits are provided for all employees?
- What employee resource groups does the company have (if any)?
- Does the organization’s website say anything how their corporate responsibility to take care of their communities or the environment?
- Is there anything on the website regarding religion or spirituality?
4. After reading the following case study answer the questions at the end.Elaine Hunt Ethical Case StudyTwenty-eight-year-old Elaine Hunt, who is married and has one child, has been with United Banc Corporation (UBC) for several years. During that time, she has seen the company grow from a relatively small-size to a medium side business with domestic and international customers. Elaine’s husband, Dennis, has been involved in the import-export business.The situation that precipitated their current problem began six months ago. Elaine had just been promoted to senior financial manager, which put her in charge of 10 branch-office loan managers, each of who had five loan officers who reported to him or her. For the most part, the branch loan officers would go through the numbers of their loan people, as well as sign off on loans under $250,000. However, recently this limit had been increased to $500,000. For loans over this amount and up to $40 million, Elain had to sign off. For larger loans, a vice president would have to be involved.Recently, Graphco Inc. requested a $10 million loan, which Elaine had been hesitant to approve. Graphco was a subsidiary of a tobacco firm embroiled in litigation concerning the promotion of its products to children. When reviewing the numbers, Elaine could not find glaring problems, yet she had decided against the loan even when Graphco had offered to pay an additional interest point. Some at UBC applauded her moral stance while others did not, arguing that it was not a good financial business decision. The next prospective loan was for a Canadian company that was exporting cigars from Cuba. Elaine cited the U.S. policy against Cuba. Elaine cited the U.S. policy against Cuba as the reason for not approving the loan. “The Helms-Burton Amendment gives us clear guidance as to what we shouldn’t be doing with Cuba,” she said to others in the company, even though the loan was to a Canadian firm. The third loan application she was unwilling to approve had come from Electrode International, which sought $50 million. The numbers had been marginal, but the sticking point for Elaine was Electrode’s unusually high profits during the last two years. During dinner with Dennis, she had learned about a meeting in Zurich during which Electrode and others had allegedly fixed the prices on their products. Because only a handful of companies manufactured these particular products, the price increases were very successful. When Elaine suggested denying the loan on the basis of this information, she was overruled. At the same time, a company in Brazil was asking for an agricultural loan to harvest parts of the rain forest. The Brazilian company was willing to pay almost 2 points over the going rate for a $40 million loan. Because of her stand on environmental issues, Elaine rejected this application as well. The company obtained the loan from one of UBC’s competitors.Recently, Elaine’s husband’s decision making had fallen short of his superior’s expectations. First, there was the problem of an American firm wanting to export nicotine and caffeine patches to Southeast Asia. With new research showing both these drugs to me problematic than previously thought, the manufacturing firm had decided to attempt a rapid-penetration marketing strategy – that is, to price the product very ow or at cost in order to gain market share and then over time slightly increase the margin. With 2 billion potential customers, a one-cent markup could result in millions of dollars in profits. Dennis had rejected the deal, and the firm had gone to another company. One person in Dennis’s division had said, “Do you realize that you had the perfect product – one that was low cost and both physically and phsychologically addictive? You could have services that one account for years and would have had enough for early retirement. Are you nuts for turning it down?!”Soon afterward an area financial bank manager wanted Elaine to sign off on a revolving loan for ABCO. ABCO’s debt/equity ratio had increased significantly and did not conform to company regulations. However, Elaine was the one who had written the standards for UBC. Some in the company felt Elaine was not quite up with the times. For example, several very good bank staff members had left in the past year because they found her regulations too provincial for the emerging global marketplace. As Elaine reviewed ABCO’s credit report, she found many danger signals; however, the loan was relatively large, $30 million, and the company had been in a credit sales slump. As she questioned ABCO, Elaine learned that the loan was to develop a new business venture with the People’s Republic of China, which rumor had it was also working with the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea. The biotech venture was for fetal tissues research and harvesting. Recently, attention had focused on the economic benefits of such tissue in helping a host of ailments. Anticipated global market sales for such products were being eliminated at $10 billion for the next decade. ABCO was also willing to go almost 2 pints above the standard interest equation for such a revolving loan. Elaine realized that if she signed off on this sale, it would signal an end to her standards. However, if she did not and ABCO went to another company for the loan and paid off the debt, she would have made a gross error, and everyone in the company would know it.As Elaine was wrestling with this problem, Dennis’s commissions began to slip putting a crimp in their cash-flow projections. If things did not turn around quickly for him, they would lose their new home, fall behind in other payments, and reduce the number of educational options for their child. Elaine had also had a frank discussion with senior management about her loan standards as well as her stand on tobacco, which has lost UBC precious income. The response was, “Elaine, we applaud your moral outrage about such products, but your morals are negatively impacting the bottom line. We can’t have that all the time.”Questions
1. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each decision that Elaine has made.
2. What are the ethical and legal considerations facing Elaine, Dennis, and UBC?
3. Discuss the moral philosophies that may be relevant to this situation.
4. Discuss the implications of each decision that Elaine could make.
UNH Ways to Cultivate a Workplace Culture that Inspires Diversity and Inclusion Essay Business Finance Assignment Help
In your initial post:
- What kinds of benefits/rewards/perks are offered by your company?
- Does your company offer enough training and development to the staff so they can meet their career path objectives?
- What will the workforce “look” like in 2020? What do you see as two major changes from today’s workforce environment? (Note: It’s important to prove your theories with properly cited source material.
Read the initial post of at least two of your classmates.
- Make an initial post of 250-500 words in response to the discussion question(s) posed. Your initial post must be a direct response to the questions.
- Support your ideas with information (articles, videos and even a book recommendation) that validates the source material used in researching these questions.
- Make a reply post of 100-150 words to two or more of your peers’ initial posts.
CTUO Health Care Statistics & EBP Project Analysis & Program Evaluation Discussion Mathematics Assignment Help
Project Analysis and Program Evaluation
Points Earnednot available
View objectives for this assignment
Looking for tutoring? Go to Smarthinking
Based on your review of the data, you have identified 3 key areas of concern that you would like to address as part of the quality improvement initiative. If not addressed, these areas of concern may affect the organizations accreditation and/or profitability:
- Patients are having to wait for extended periods of time in the emergency room (ER).
- AKT is not implementing effective capacity management strategies for the resources that are currently available.
- There are a high number of readmissions due to patients being discharged too early.
You decide to work with staff and management to develop and implement new policies that are grounded in evidence-based practice (EBP). To communicate the new policies with the staff, you will write a 2-page memo addressing the areas of concern and the new EBP policies that now be in place. In the memo, address the following:
- Discuss the 3 areas of concern and how these can affect accreditation and/or financial status of the organization.
- What is evidence-based practice?
- How can evidence-based practice approaches be used to improve health care outcomes?
- A set of new policies and procedures that includes 2-3 strategies based on EBP approaches for each area of concern that will be effective immediately
- The memo should cite specific examples from the research reviewed regarding EBP approaches to resolving the issues.
CTUO Health Care Statistics & EBP Project Analysis & Program Evaluation Discussion Mathematics Assignment Help[supanova_question]
TCC Identify & Create a Facility Building Schematic with A Server Room Lab Report Computer Science Assignment Help
Identify and Create a facility building schematic that has a Server Room (15 points):
(a) Identify the purpose of the facility, numbers of people that may be on-site at operational times, and access points and barriers to entry to important areas.
(b) Create a building schematic of the facility similar to the those in Figure 1.2 on page 7 in Cybersecurity Essentials, by Brooks, Grow, Craig, and Short. Label the Assets in the schematic.
- Using paper and pencil, or Lucidchart.com (Links to an external site.) (login with your ASU-Gmail credentials), or Microsoft Visio
- Take a screenshot image (cut/paste) of your completed schematic into a Word document.
GCCCD Tao Te Ching Lao Tzu & Machiavelli Appropriate Means of Leadership Essay Writing Assignment Help
Lao-Tzu & Machiavelli
Both of these historic authors advise their readers on appropriate means of leadership, while also encouraging certain behaviors.
In Thoughts from the Tao-Te Ching Lao-Tzu advises that “The Master does his job and then stops. He understands that the universe is forever out of control, and that trying to dominate events goes against the current of the Tao” (63).
And in dealings with others Tzu says that “If a country is governed with tolerance, the people are comfortable and honest” (66).
And in leadership he says “If you want to govern the people, you must place yourself below them” (69).
While in Machiavelli’s The Qualities of the Prince he advises that “it is necessary for a prince who wishes to maintain his position to learn how not to be good, and to use this knowledge or not to use it according to necessity” (78).
And in dealings with others he explains that “since men are a sorry lot and will not keep their promises to you, you likewise need not keep yours to them” (83).
Also saying “but when the populace is hostile and regards him with hatred, he must fear everything and everyone” (86).
Both of these political thinkers have vastly different ideologies, but I wonder if there are any principles that they might agree upon.
Look through both texts and see if you can find any points of intersection. Find quotes from both texts that help to prove that these great advisers do have common ground.
Do they have ideas that do not directly oppose one another?
Are there any ways that their methods of political influence complement each other?
In your conclusion clearly define the sort of commonality you are able to find in these guides to strong leadership.
DAS Nelson Mandela a Civil Rights Leader in South Africa Presentation Humanities Assignment Help
I’m working on a English presentation and need support to help me study.
Goal: Choose a teenager, famous or not, who embodies the qualities of a hero and give
a brief five-minute presentation on why this person is a good role model to follow.
Role: You are a student looking for positive role models who you and your classmates can emulate.
Audience: Your classmates
Situation: With so many negative role models on the internet and social media, it is hard to find someone worth following. Find a hero in from age group who possesses the qualities of a hero and who you and your classmates can follow.
Product: A presentation using the one of the software programs listed below
− Snap Guide
Be sure to answer these questions in your presentation:
− Identify four characteristics that a hero should possess
− Evidence from the hero’s life which shows they possess the qualities you
− Why you and your classmates should follow this person.
Standards and Criteria for Success: Your presentation will be judged according to the standards outlined in the rubric.
i want you to talk about nelson mandela pleas
Los Angeles City College Child Labor Within the Community Speech Business Finance Assignment Help
Persuasive Speech Assignment (250+65= total315 points)
Assignment: You must convince the audience that a problem in our community exist, explain what is the cause of the problem, and offer a solution that we the audience can do to fix the problem.
Topic: You topic must be a problem affecting our local community or individuals in our class. Your speech must contain a specific action we in the audience can take to solve this problem.
Persuasive speeches are the hardest of all speeches because it requires credibility and emotional appeal of the speaker to be successful.
? 1.Time Requirments: 5-7 Minutes (750 words-1000 words)
? 2. Outline
- This presentation should persuade your audience to take action to help solve your problem. knows.
2. Use Monroe’s Motivated Sequence.
3. Your speech must contain at least 4 outside sources, and those sources must be cited verbally in the speech and in writing on a work cited page accompanying your outline.
- Speak extemporaneously from notes do not read.
5. Make sure your presentation is persuasive in nature.
6. Turn in a Typed outline that must be formatted according to our text’s guidelines and a work cited page. on the Persuasive Speech outline assignment page
https://anyessayhelp.com/ (login with your ASU-Gmail credentials), or Microsoft Visio