verbal communication Business Finance Assignment Help. verbal communication Business Finance Assignment Help.
Rules of Posting
-If the prompt requires that you refer to specific sources or retrieve sources on your own, these need to be (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.cited (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.in the text and reference (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.d in APA (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. format. The weekly resources list for each week (found on the home page) identifies the references needed for each week for your convenience; please use them as needed).
-Be sure to sufficiently answer all questions/issues raised in the prompt, making sure your initial response is substantive and adheres to any word number requirements posted.
-Cite all answers from the text book provided.
-Make sure you upload each question in separate word documents.
Typically, we think of verbal communication as the words that we use to convey messages. The reading for this week helps us see that other things may be communicated through our verbal messages beyond the actual words used. Our choice of words and how they are conveyed can have a tremendous impact on our interactions with others, including clients and colleagues in human services settings. In this first discussion forum for the week, you will review a fictional case study in which you will be asked to provide examples of effective verbal communication techniques in a human services setting.
Read Chapter 4 of The Interpersonal Communication Book and review the summary information found on page 107. Last week we discussed how a cultural framework might shape the meaning or understanding of communication. What other factors may determine the message conveyed through verbal messages? Consider some principles of verbal messages that would be important for working with clients in human services settings. Would these principles also apply to working with colleagues or community members? Think about some guidelines that could help us communicate more effectively with others.
Case Study: You have a new job as a case manager in an assisted living facility for individuals over the age of 65. Part of your job is to help new residents get settled in to the facility, including explaining activities that are available to them. You also try to help new residents become part of the community at the residence. John is a 70-year-old man who has recently moved into your facility. You discover that John has a slight hearing impairment which affects his ability to both communicate as well as participate in group activities, and you must consider this when interacting with him. Up until now, he has only lived in his own home. Using this case as your example, please address the following:
Discuss two factors that are a part of verbal communication, beyond the actual words themselves that might be important in your first meeting with John.
Using information found in Table 4.1 (page 94) of your text, provide two or three examples of effective verbal communication techniques that you could use to engage with John within this particular setting. Describe one communication theory that can be applied to your interaction (e.g., how you verbally communicate, how you perceive John’s verbal communication, etc.).
Describe one communication theory from Week One’s required website reading (i.e., constructivist, attachment, communication accommodation, attribution) that can be applied to your interaction (e.g., how you verbally communicate, how you perceive John’s verbal communication, etc.).
What do you think may make it more personally difficult for you to communicate effectively with John? Why do you believe this to be the case?
Initial Post: Prepare a 300-word minimum reply that sufficiently addresses each of the items above. Don’t forget that it is critical to cite your sources of information, including the textbook, in APA format.
While verbal communication is just one way of articulating messages to others, it’s not the only skill that human service professionals need to utilize when working with clients. Nonverbal communication carries significant weight when it comes to conveying messages of all sorts. In this discussion forum, you will have an opportunity to provide examples of effective nonverbal communication techniques appropriate to a human services setting.
Read Chapter 5 from The Interpersonal Communication Book and watch the following video, People Skills:Communicating without Words (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. retrieved from the Films On Demand database.
Reflect on your own experience regarding nonverbal messages. Have there been situations in your life when the nonverbal messages were much clearer than the verbal messages? What about times when the words that were spoken did not match the nonverbal cues? How is online communication different in terms of nonverbal messages? What kinds of messages do you send nonverbally via your style of dressing or mannerisms? How would nonverbal messages affect your communication with clients or colleagues?
Spend approximately ten minutes observing two or more individuals in conversation at a coffee shop, store, or work environment. It is best if you observe individuals that you do not know. Please be respectful and unobtrusive in your observation. As an alternative, you can observe the interactions between characters on a television show. Following your observation and using your textbook as a guide, please respond to the questions below for your discussion post. If you are basing your post on television characters, please identify the show.
Initial Post: Prepare a 300-word minimum reply that sufficiently addresses each of the items below. Don’t forget that it is critical to cite your sources of information, including the textbook, using APA formatting:
What nonverbal messages did you observe?
- How did the nonverbal messages or cues aid in communicating effectively?
- What consistencies or inconsistencies between verbal and nonverbal messages did you observe?
Provide examples of effective nonverbal communication techniques (either by those you observed/watched or from those in the text) that you could use as a professional in a health and human services setting. How and why would you use them?
I would like to avoid the overuse of repetitive words and semi colons “;”
I personally do not use them within my writing style, so I would like to use when needed or with caution.
verbal communication Business Finance Assignment Help[supanova_question]
week 5 worksheet for English literature Humanities Assignment Help
In Week Five of this course, you will submit a four- to five-page Literary Analysis in response to one of the topics from the approved List of Writing Prompts. This week, you will choose the topic you would like to explore, offer some information on what interests you about this topic, and supply a working thesis and key ideas you would like to develop. Though it might seem early to choose your topic, with only five weeks in the course, it is important to start early to best set yourself up for success.
After reviewing the list of prompts, choose one that you would like to explore. In addition, you should choose a literary work to discuss that relates to your topic of choice. The suggested literary works for each topic are listed beneath each prompt. Please review the Week 5 model example to understand what you are working toward on this assignment and future assignments.
Once you have decided on a prompt and text, respond to the directives below using the Proposal for Final Paper Worksheet. Please make sure your document is double spaced. See the Sample Proposal for guidance.
All attachments have been uploaded. No plagiarism. Will check!
Science in media paper Writing Assignment Help
Science in the Media
There is nothing like reading a good book or watching a great movie for a little escapism and entertainment. With all of the television channels available and easy access to the internet, you can watch just about anything you want at any time. Earlier in the course you discussed the science involved with technology, but in this Assignment, you will turn the tables and delve into how the media portrays science.
How does a pop culture portrayal of science and scientists impact the average person’s view of what science is and how research is conducted? Can what is presented by the media affect how the general populace views a particular research field? What might the long-term impacts of such a depiction be? These are just a few questions that you will reflect upon in this Assignment.
For the Unit 9 Assignment, you will complete a reflective essay to address the following questions:
- When you hear the word “scientist” what do you envision?
- Discuss at least three characteristics of your vision of a scientist.
- Which famous people or characters from the media come into your mind?
- What characteristics do they have in common?
- Has your image of what a scientist does and how they look changed over time? If so, how has this changed and what influenced you?
- Are fictional scientists usually the heroes, villains, or a combination of the two? Provide at least two detailed examples to support your position.
- How is science portrayed in fictional media (i.e., television shows, movies, music, books, etc.)? Is it seen as a positive, negative, or neutral force in the world? Give specific examples supporting your position.
- Do you think the portrayal of scientists in the various forms of media influences how society views people in this profession? Why, or why not?
- Can the portrayal of science in media influence how certain research and technology is viewed and accepted by the general public (e.g., cloning)?
- Trefil, J., & Hazen, R.M. (2016). The sciences: An integrated approach. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Read this resource from the KU Writing Center on how to write a reflective essay:
You are expected to use outside resources for this essay. Cite outside sources in proper APA format. You can find numerous APA resources in the KU Writing Center Writing Reference Library on the Research, Citation, and Plagiarism page.
Your essay should include a highly-developed purpose and viewpoint; it should also be written in Standard American English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, grammar, and mechanics. There should be no evidence of plagiarism. If you are unsure about what constitutes plagiarism, please review the KU plagiarism policy.
Basic Writing Expectations:
- A minimum of 1,500 words not including the title or reference pages.
- At least three reliable academic resources utilized.
- Per APA include a title page, double space, font size 10 or 12.
- Include a highly-developed viewpoint/thesis, purpose, and exceptional content.
- Demonstrate superior organization: use logic.
- Free of grammar and spelling errors.
- No evidence of plagiarism. Note: no more than 10% of your paper should be direct quotes.
- Use APA style for all in-text citations, references, and body of paper.
A special feature is available to help you with reviewing your Unit 9 Final Project for plagiarism. When you submit your Assignment to the Unit 9 Assignment Dropbox, your Assignment will automatically be analyzed by the plagiarism detection tool, Turnitin. Soon after you submit your Assignment, you will be able to view the Turnitin Originality Report. Originality Reports provide a summary of matching or highly similar text found in a submitted paper. When an Originality Report is available for viewing, an icon will appear in the report column of the Assignment Inbox. Originality Reports are only available in the InBox. For this reason, you will need to download the report prior to the grading of the Unit 9 Assignment. To do this, click on the print icon at the bottom of the Originality Report. This will prepare a readable, PDF version of the Originality Report that you can save to your computer.
Write a letter to U.S. representative about gun policy in Texas (concealed carry on college campus) Business Finance Assignment Help
Write a letter to your U.S. representative or senator about a current policy of your choice. In that letter, you need to do the following:
- Describe in some detail a specific current public policy or law that you would like to see changed. This policy can be in the area of economics, foreign policy, social policy, gun policy, drug policy – i.e. anything having to do with US Law or Policy.
- Explain your alternative public policy solution or what change in the law you would recommend. Give at least two reasons with supporting evidence to show why your policy solution is preferable,
- Ask for their opinion and use language suitable for communicating with a legislator.
Using the data that you collected, graph how the energy emitted by the light bulb in W/m2 changes with temperature °C Science Assignment Help
Please fill in all the right and complete the correct answers to these 18 questions that I attach. There is a 2 document that I’ve attach that might help fill in the questions.
- Using the data that you collected, graph how the energy emitted by the light bulb (in W/m2) changes with temperature (°C). Display temperature on the x-axis (horizontal) and the energy emitted by the light bulb on the y-axis (vertical). Once you have drawn a graph, digitally capture the graph on the screen and submit it through this link.
- Attach File
- The light bulb emits visible radiation when the dimmer is set to zero.
- According to the observations, as the temperature of the light bulb increases, the perceived brightness of the bulb _____.
- B.remains constant
- C.increases and then decreases
- According to the observations, as the temperature of the light bulb increases, the amount of emitted radiant energy _____.
- B.increasing and then decreases
- D.remains constant
- The color of the light bulb changed as the temperature of the light bulb changed.
- What do the observations (your graph) tell you about the relationship between temperature and energy emission by the light bulb? Select two from the list of choices.
- A surface that receives a greater amount of insolation is generally warmer than a surface that receives a smaller amount of insolation if all other conditions are identical.
- On the surface level, a location with a large sky view (such as the rose garden on Chico State campus) receives a greater amount of daily insolation than a location surrounded by vegetation and buildings (such as the area near Butte Hall and along Big Chico Creek) does.
- If 100 units of incoming solar radiation arrive on an asphalt surface with an albedo value of 0.15, how many units of incoming solar radiation are reflected? Enter a numerical value.
- If Chico receives 950 W/m2 of incoming solar radiation, how much of it is reflected by a grass surface with an albedo value of 0.25? Enter a numerical value with one decimal place.
- Warming temperatures melt snow and ice in the Arctic region which will expose darker soil. In this case, the albedo of this surface will _____.
- B.decrease and then increase
- D.remain the same
- E.increase and then decrease
- How much insolation does the Earth’s surface receive at night?
- A.90% of the daytime value
- B.50% of the daytime value
- C.10% of the daytime value
- D.0% of the daytime value
- E.-10% of the daytime value
- A warmer body emits more energy than a cooler body does if all other factors are the same. Even during the summer time, the sky is very cold (see the table in the Lab Document), while the ground surface gets really hot. Which one of the followings emits more energy?
- A.Ground surface
- The average Earth’s surface temperature is 288 K. The wavelength of peak emission of radiation from the Earth’s surface is _____ µm.
- If the temperature of an object is 1811 K (melting point of iron), the wavelength of peak emission of radiation from this object is _____ µm. Enter a numerical value with two decimal places.
- If the temperature of an object is 8000 K, the wavelength of peak emission of radiation from this object is 0.3623 µm. What part of electromagnetic spectrum does this wavelength of peak emission fall?
- A.Near infrared
- B.Thermal infrared
- C.Visible light
- The surfaces that you measured in this lab were emitting visible light.
- If the surface that you measured in this lab were NOT emitting visible light, why?
- A.Because the temperature was too low
- B.Because there was no direct beam of insolation
- C.Because it was daytime
- D.Because the albedo value was zero
Project Life cycle and IT Gap Business Finance Assignment Help
1.What are the four basic response strategies for negative risks? Provide an example of how one of the strategies was utilized by the firm you work for or another firm that you have knowledge of or have chosen to research?
2. Describe the Request for Proposal (RFP) process and the content of an RFP
Assignment 1: Create a Risk Register. Use the example on page 488 as a guide. Download the Risk Register template from the Course Material/ Your column headings may or may not be different
For Assignment, The project Name we taken is Linden Industries
please do the assignment in the template and refer the sample document of risk manager Template.
For discussion Board 3 please refer the material images.pdf
For Assignment Please refer the material ebook kathy & Risk register Template
Reference should be must, Apa format , No plagiarism
Totally you have to do 3 discussion boards & 1 Assignment.
Project Life cycle and IT Gap Business Finance Assignment Help[supanova_question]
The Poverty Line For this assignment, you will write an essay that reflects upon the following Humanities Assignment Help
Even people who earn wages above the poverty line struggle to make ends meet. For this assignment, you will either examine your own family or create a fictional family. If you choose the latter, think about the composition of the family. Is it a single parent family? A nuclear family? An extended family? How many children are in this family? Decide how your fictional family will look or use your own family and complete the following:
- Make a list of everything you need/use in a given month; for example, groceries, travel (work and school), day care or babysitting (if there are children), entertainment, health care, savings, and car payments.
- Come up with an estimate for these costs. (You will need to do some research to find out how much things cost. Go to a local supermarket and price things; call a local daycare center and find out what their fees are.)
- Once you’ve figured out these monthly costs, multiply by 12 to get the annual budget for your family. Then:
- Look up the poverty line for your area. (It should be roughly $28k annually for a family of four, but it changes, so check for the current amount.)
- If your estimate is higher than the government’s poverty line, you’ll need to start cutting back on some items; make note of what you cut.
- Is your family going to be eligible for government assistance?
- How will that factor into your budget?
- In your reflection, think about your quality of life (or the quality of life for your imaginary family). What is in your entertainment category? What about budgeting for bills? What might it feel like to possibly not be able to pay the bills? What about feeding your children before feeding yourself? What other things might factor into a subsistence living for American families?
- Write a 3-4 page paper, not including the required title and reference pages.
- Your paper must be properly cited and formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements. Be sure to include a formal reference page.
- Although this is an individual paper, you should reflect on our Discussion Forums and incorporate ideas from there, as appropriate.
- You must support your analysis with at least two scholarly references, which may include resources from this course. Sources such as Wikipedia, USA Today, Fox News, or MSNBC News will not be accepted. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these sources.
health issue Health Medical Assignment Help
Using a minimum of 8-10 slides, develop a PowerPoint presentation showing an epidemiologic analysis of a health problem. Your slides should define and show comparative measures that quantify the problem, for example using information spread over years or among nations or age groups. The slides must show both tabular and graphic data and be comprehensible to a layperson without benefit of a complete presentation. Then write a 4-page synopsis of your slide presentation with a bibliography formatted in APA style. In addition, you must appropriately cite all resources used in your response and document in a bibliography using APA style.
Statistics Managerial Report – Substance abuse – NO Plagiarism Mathematics Assignment Help
Substance abuse has always been a problem at colleges and universities. However, some are alarmed by the recent misuse of prescription medication and by the legalization of marijuana in some states. Many businesses are concerned that substance abuse will impact them if graduates (future employees) have developed a pattern of substance abuse while still in college. An article reported that 46% of U.S. college students have been involved in some type of substance abuse.
Substance abuse has been a concern of the president of Rocky University for several years. Some faculty members in the university believe that substance abuse is more widespread at Rocky than at other universities, while other faculty members think that substance abuse is not a major problem in the college. To resolve some of these issues, the president of the university commissioned a study to assess the current substance abuse behavior of students at Rocky. As part of this study, an anonymous exit survey was administered to a sample of 90 students from this year’s graduating class. Responses to the following questions were used to obtain data regarding three types of substance abuse.
- During your time at Rocky, did you ever participate in binge drinking?
- During your time at Rocky, did you ever abuse prescription medication?
- During your time at Rocky, did you ever use any type of illegal or illicit drug (not included in questions 1 or 2)?
Any student who answered yes to one or more of these questions was considered to have been involved in some type of substance abuse. The complete data set is in the file named Abuse, linked at the bottom of the page.
Prepare a report (see below) for the president of the university that summarizes your assessment of the nature of substance abuse by students at Rocky University. Be sure to include the following seven (7) items in your report.
- To summarize the data, compute the proportion of all students, the proportion of all male students, and the proportion of all female students who
- Participated in binge drinking.
- Abused prescription medication.
- Used illegal or illicit drugs.
Then comment on your findings.
- Develop 90% confidence intervals for the proportion of all students, the proportion of all male students, and the proportion of all female students who were involved in some type of substance abuse.
- Develop 90% confidence intervals for the proportion of all students, the proportion of all male students, and the proportion of all female students who participated in binge drinking.
- Develop 90% confidence intervals for the proportion of all students, the proportion of all male students, and the proportion of all female students who abused prescription medication.
- Develop 90% confidence intervals for the proportion of all students, the proportion of all male students, and the proportion of all female students who used illegal or illicit drugs.
- Conduct a hypothesis test (using either the p-value approach or the critical value approach) to determine if the proportion of all students at Rocky University who were not involved in some type of substance abuse is less than that of all U.S. students elsewhere. Use α = 0.10.
Do not forget to include the correctly worded hypotheses.
- What advice would you give to the president of the university based upon your analysis of the data? What is the magnitude of the issue? What would you recommend for both students and faculty? What is the potential impact on relationships with the business community and what would you recommend? How can this study be improved?
Write a report that adheres to the Written Assignment Requirements under the heading “Expectations for CSU-Global Written Assignments” found in the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements. As with all written assignments at CSU-Global, you should have in-text citations and a reference page. An example paper is provided in the MTH410 Guide to Writing with Statistics, linked at the bottom of the page.
Be sure that your report contains the following:
- A title page in APA style.
- An introduction that summarizes the problem.
- The body of the paper should answer the questions posed in the problem by communicating the results of your analysis. Include results of calculations, as well as charts and graphs, where appropriate.
- A conclusion paragraph that addresses your findings and what you have determined from the data and your analysis.
- In-text citations from a minimum of three sources in addition to your textbook. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to locate these sources.
- A reference page.
Be sure to submit your Excel file as well.
NOTE: Submitting your Excel file will aid in grading with partial credit if errors are found in the paper.
Two Discussion Questions (2 to 3 paragraphs each) Business Finance Assignment Help
Discussion Question 1
Distinguish between an auditor’s responsibilities to detect and report errors, illegal acts, and fraud. What role does materiality have in determining the proper reporting and disclosure of such events? What ethical concerns might an auditor face when doing his or her job?
Discussion Question 2
What are the auditor’s responsibilities to communicate information to the audit committee under AICPA and PCAOB standards? If the auditor discovers that the audit committee routinely ignores such communications, especially when they are critical of management’s use of GAAP in the financial statements, what step(s) might the auditor take at this point?
MUST USE ONE REFERENCE FOR EACH DISCUSSION QUESTION.